Are u gonna unban me or?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
Jim2102

Are u gonna unban me or?

Post by Jim2102 »

OK so its been a few months and I really want to be unbanned. I'm sorry for hacking and I've actually realized that hacks are stupid and I actually want more of a challenge. So are you just gonna unban me?, say its a permanent ban?, or just ban my account from ea117.com?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Are u gonna unban me or?

Post by Trench »

Which part is supposed to be representative of someone we want to be playing with? The player who felt it was necessary to use hacks in this game in the first place? The player who felt it was necessary to lie repeatedly about using them after we already had incontrovertible proof? Or is it the player who feels like they can just ignore both the rules and the bans and willfully change their IP address specifically in an attempt to step around their ban?

This is why the rules say, "Anyone cheating by using exploits or hacks will be banned permanently." For anyone who doesn't already have the good sense to not do it, the rule is an additional final incentive for why it wouldn't be a good idea if you like playing here. And if you're going to do it anyway, this is the consequence you accept.

-Trench
Jim2102

Post by Jim2102 »

Trench wrote:Which part is supposed to be representative of someone we want to be playing with? The player who felt it was necessary to use hacks in this game in the first place? The player who felt it was necessary to lie repeatedly about using them after we already had incontrovertible proof? Or is it the player who feels like they can just ignore both the rules and the bans and willfully change their IP address specifically in an attempt to step around their ban?
Neither of all those, I stopped using hacks after you banned me because I learned why people don't use hacks, they are cheating, they are not fun for other players, and they are not fair. I wasn't thinking that when I was playing with them. But now I regret using them and have deleted hem and will never hack again. So if there's anything I can do to get unbanned, just let me know. And yes, sorry for using a new ip, I was really frustrated and upset so I just used a new ip. I also know the rules, every minute or so in game it says it, I know. So please just please. Anything I can do?

- Jimmy
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Jim2102 wrote:Anything I can do?
Nope, sorry Jim. No freebies, do-overs or mea culpa exceptions when it comes to hacking. Permanent ban, zero tolerance. A deterrent is only a deterrent because the consequences actually happen. Never mind adding circumvention of your ban on top of that.

The only other friendly advice I've got is that at whatever other server you end up playing on, be sure to remember and apply all those things you say you've learned from this.

-Trench
Jim2102

Post by Jim2102 »

Ok. Well, I guess if I want to play some DC, I'll just have to go on maxnet or launch up my own server, and I think I'll do a little coop support for some DC maps, cuz I'm an excellent modder when it comes to adding bots to maps. Well have fun on the battlefield! ;) and keep up the good work! :)

Oh and when I make some cool mods or custom maps, could I post about them here? Just making sure

- Jimmy
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Absolutely, please feel free to stay and keep connected with folks in the forums.

(Not that a forum account cannot become banned too, but it would be due to behavior in the forums or in PMs. Nothing to do with being banned on the game server.)

-Trench
Jim2102

Post by Jim2102 »

Ok thx bro ;)