Kicked/Banned

Snickers

Kicked/Banned

Post by Snickers »

I am here to talk about that I'm really disappointed about some conducts made by an specific admin. His nickname is Reyalp and I don't have any personal problem with him, actually I really enjoy his gameplaying. However, he kicks people for nothing, and he just don't warn us before. Here it goes my story: after 46 minutes of playing on blue team in Al Nas (CTF), the most requested map, teams just got unbalanced, like it always happens. So I got teamswiched, but I didn't want to, because my team was the blue one since the beggining! If you fight so hard to win a game, you will certainly understand it. After two suicides trying to come back to blue team and as I finnally made it to the Coallition and returned to play, he kicked me out! No warning, nothing! I waited 1 minute and got back to the server. I wanted to expose my humble and educated opinion about his conduct after what happened, but I just got drifted away, and this time I got banned. I really like the server, and I respect most players and all admins, except for this one and his authoritarian attitude. I ask for some responses to this and if himself could pronunciate about it, I and all those who got kicked or might be kicked for the same "reason" would be grateful.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Kicked/Banned

Post by Trench »

I'll let S.O.S speak to the current ban and the history he cited.

What should be confirmed is that anyone can expect a kick for team stacking without any warning. There's no time for explanations; a job done well is when we can kick the team stacker before auto-balance kicks in and moves somebody else. Sure, we don't get all of them, and how could you without staring at the message log instead of playing.

There's no lack of understanding about "but I worked so hard for the other team". That's what sucks about team stackers, and when multiple people disconnect. It blows to have to switch sides, but it blows less than playing with uneven teams. Sure, "the most recent person to join the game" /should/ be the one who has to switch, but that's not the way Battlefield works.

-Trench
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

Ok, thanks for the reply. I just wanted to say that "the way battlefield works" will kill the server.
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

May I know how long I am supposed to be banned from the server?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

It is a three-day ban, which will expire 11pm Monday. Post to the unban request forum if you want to request consideration of it being removed; that would be at the banning admin's discretion, and they may or may not monitor these other "chit-chat" forums as frequently. But you'll be good by Tuesday either way with the current ban.

Team switching solutions for Battlefield are certainly imperfect. The rule on this server is that you can't do it, and to play whatever team the server puts you on. There is no "justified switching" except what auto-balance does to you automatically. A rule of "no switching" is much clearer to enforce than trying to undo mid-game all the intentional switching and auto-switching that happened as a result.

The fact that people who know clear and well this is a rule on the server -- but do it anyway -- certainly doesn't help. And that's many people, any of whom can expect to get kicked without notice whenever we catch it in time to prevent further auto-switches.

-Trench
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

Thanks for the attention, Trench. I'll pay my sentence for the respect I have for the server, for the server...
sk8ersvx1

Post by sk8ersvx1 »

Hi, I was playing in berlin on 12/7/15 and while I was shooting at the blue base I suddenly got kicked. Every time I try to connect gain I keep getting kicked out.

I am not sure what I did wrong. I am sorry for whatever I did. I'm sorry if I missed a warning, I have a condition that narrows my field of vision, so I can't see anything to the left or right of the gun. Imagine looking through a cone with a hole at the other end.

Please help, I keep getting kicked (it doesn't say I'm banned) everytime I try to connect.

Thanks for your help.
Scrivener07

Post by Scrivener07 »

I didnt know about this no team switching allowed rule. I always knew you couldnt stack teams. The only time I thought you could team switch was if you could get someone else on the opposite team to agree to switch at the exact time you do. Basically a trade. I dont know maybe this is allowed. I dont care what team I play on so I always agree to a trade if someone wants to switch.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

The message that scrolls by every ten minutes in-game tries to cover both stacking and switching; "Please do not team stack/switch." It's not currently listed in the official rule lists, and we'll get that corrected.

So I would say any switching is going to be at your own risk, and whether an admin felt it was creating a disruption. There is a tendency for some players to drive a truck through the smallest of loopholes, so its clearest and least-ambiguous to simply describe the rule as simply "no switching", regardless of whether the switch resulted in stacking or not.

-Trench