wanna play again

New to the boards? Make your first post here
rambo

wanna play again

Post by rambo »

hi guys, its been almost 10 years or more since I played this game. you know how life goes sometimes. anyway I want to get back and I'm glad to still see people playing DC combat.

I cant find anywhere to buy BF 1942. I see a lot of places offering free downloads. does anyone know of any sites that are safe to download this game?

thanks
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: wanna play again

Post by Trench »

Hey Rambo,

I've only ever bought the game (CD or on Orgin, back when it was being offered on Origin). Amazon.com shows multiple new and used options for the game still, such as this one showing US$12 new & fulfilled by Amazon.

Team-SiMPLE has a download, but its kind of geared toward playing Battlefield 1942 rather than DesertCombat. It's pretty heavily modded with images meant to make sense for regular Battlefield, and not everyone who has downloaded it liked that. But, it's from Team-SiMPLE who also made the GameSpy shutdown fix you'll need to have anyway, and its already included in their installation package. So if you did want to try a free option, that's probably the only one I'd suggest.

If you end up with your own retail CD installation set instead, check out the HOW TO: Use the CD-based Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server information to get everything setup and patched for playing in 2016.

-Trench
rambo

Post by rambo »

i was wondering why i didn't see that in my search then i realized i search downloads hoping to buy the game A.S.A.P. lol. anyway i brought it from the amazon link you posted. it will take 7 days to get to me. i hope to see you guys then. i cant wait to get back in the game.

Thanks Trench!!
pistol

Post by pistol »

hope you like cats. a lot of people here are slightly obsessed with cats, and or cheese.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

rambo wrote:i was wondering why i didn't see that in my search then i realized i search downloads hoping to buy the game A.S.A.P. lol.
"Well I remember back when we used to have to walk to a game store -- uphill, both ways, through a snowstorm, barefoot -- to pick up a physically printed circuit board encased in a thick poison-riddled plastic. And we didn't goddamn complain! We liked it!"

-Trench :)
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

biting off the plastic with no teeth and playing on a cardboard box for a monitor and i didnt complain either..lmao
fromage

Post by fromage »

pistol wrote:hope you like cats. a lot of people here are slightly obsessed with cats, and or cheese.
Damn right they are. You aren't normal if you don't like cheese. Rye is lactose intolerant but we put newspaper down for him.

Welcome back to DC, rambo. See you in game.
rambo

Post by rambo »

thanks fromage.

I got the game, but my DVD drive isn't working. I tried everything on the net but still nothing. it reads the disk that its in there but nothing. same with other disks. from reading the net it could be when I downloaded windows 10 a while ago. I just never use the disk drive except to burn CDs. I gonna try to uninstall windows 10 tomorrow when I get a chance.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I'm back. I had to buy an external DVD drive but it works. after all these years I cant believe nobody plays DC combat, but there are regular BF 42 servers that are packed. there like 3 or 4 of them. I always thought DC was better, you can play all the old maps and DC maps too. and I see people still use BOTS . I guess punkbuster still can detect them
pistol

Post by pistol »

Just check out the server from 8-11pm EST. If AL NAS or some other smaller map comes on, people usually join in, especially on the weekends. I'm always looking out for a non-big map to play, then I jump on. Last night there was some LostVillage I beleive. Maybe 2 nights ago. That got 20 people on easy.