Server/Maps

Ninja2014
United States of America

Server/Maps

Post by Ninja2014 »

Why is it that most admin won't change a map at the request of majority of players vs waiting for the timer to countdown from 60 mins or tickets from 600? Is it hard to do? Could the VOTE option/button be put back in effect?

Also, it seems like the server is dying out for whatever the reason(s) are.

Could it be because of some of the maps that are still being played probably should be removed?

Could it be because the timer is set too long on certain maps?

Could it be most players have moved on from such an old game?
=sBs=SEANY
Canada

Re: Server/Maps

Post by =sBs=SEANY »

Ninja2014 wrote:Also, it seems like the server is dying out for whatever the reason(s) are.

Could it be because of some of the maps that are still being played probably should be removed?

Could it be because the timer is set too long on certain maps?

The correct answer is D, all of the above.

I think most of us here got a good 12-13 years out of the game, not bad considering most modern games that I can only play for a few months before getting bored. DC has been on life support for a while though, and vanilla 42 might get a few more years, but is not far behind. Applying bandaids like server map rotation and map vote might keep regulars on a bit longer, but won't solve the underlying problem of a disappearing player base.

I really wish EA didn't kill off their modding community to make more money for themselves, otherwise we could be playing a community made DC 2.0 on a modern engine...
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

its summer, will be back in fall hopefully..:)
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

^^ is my guess

Less about maps, although that may affect it, its mostly just been on decline for some time. I still get on from time to time, but there are some other button smashers that are more visually alluring now that it is 2016.

I still rank DC in top 5 games I have played in my life.
slogvn

Post by slogvn »

zanshin1 wrote:its summer
Yep. Aside from that though, I've always noticed occasional lulls in server activity for no apparent(to me) reason. It may take a couple of weeks or even a month or two, but I'm fairly confident things will pick up again eventually. The physics in this game alone are unlike anything else I've played and will keep me coming back, no matter how antiquated.