FIX THE LAG

Need help?
Mali Mrav
Croatia

FIX THE LAG

Post by Mali Mrav »

so i found some good info how to solve the lag issue

There are some settings that I have come across from Evenbalance that really helped me out. I'll give you guys my thoughts to hopefully reduce any lag issues you have.
Please read the ENTIRE paragraph after the command so you know when you need to put it in and why you might need to use it in the first place.

For all of these commands you will need to bring down your console by pressing '~' key which is just to the LEFT of the number 1 at the top of the keyboard
(NOT THE KEYPAD ON THE RIGHT) All commands are to be entered without quotes.

Also, ALL commands starting with the letters PB MUST be entered manually every time you close out ET and re-open it.

1) "/pb_lan 1" - Changing /pb_lan to 1 will make PB behave as though it is not connected to the server.
This will reduce the amount of data you need to send between you and the server.
This command works perfectly fine of course unless PB does find a hack on your system in which case it will ignore this command and report you for the trash you are.
WARNING: Changing Pb_lan to 1 will NOT allow you to connect to a server, you must first connect, then set pb_lan to 1 (it resets to 0 after exiting the game)

2) "/pb_sleep 500" - Changing PB sleep to 500 may be redundant to the first command, has to do with how long PB will rest before sending data,
I always put it in for any chance at yet another possible performance gain. (Resets to default after exiting the game)

Now, if you have an issue where on PB servers you have a distinct chop every 30 seconds or 1 minute (But always in an even increment) I would try this next command.

4) "/pb_system 0" - This command will change the way PB scans your memory. It was put in place to fix program compatibility issues,
but fixed my lag (Which I believe to be a conflict with my Anti-Spyware - Spysweeper OR Ewido) WARNING: This setting MUST be set BEFORE joining a server,
However once set you DO NOT have to enter it every single time - It will retain itself unlike the other listed PB commands

Lastly... for any of you with 'Dual Core' Processors - ET is most definitely NOT multi-threaded. Therefore,
it cannot utilize both of your "logical CPU's" at the same time. Because of this,
I recommend moving ET to the CPU windows is NOT using for a MASSIVE increase in FPS (or at least on my machine running a Pentium D 820 - which is not an impressive dual core)

You can do this very easily, once you have the game open press "Alt + Ctrl + Del" at the same time to bring up your task manager,
right click on "ET.exe" and choose "Set Affinity" make sure "CPU 0" is NOT checked and make sure to put a check in "CPU 1"
Windows will be running on the lowest number processor (usually 0) and therefore you'll now give ET a full CPU (in my case of 2.8 GHz dedicated)

I hope this helps some of you, but I do not certify that it will. I encourage you to read what each command does and what it effects.
I use all of those commands and they solved massive lag problems I was having in ANY PB server, not just NQ. Since NQ is always running PB these commands apply directly.
Silent Assassin