BF/DC radio calls not working  [SOLVED]

Need help?
Col. Kilgore
United States of America

BF/DC radio calls not working

Post by Col. Kilgore »

Hey all, i can only get F1-F1 "Roger that" to work none of the other combos do, caps is off, any ideas?
Col. Kilgore
aka 00 Buck Shot
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: BF/DC radio calls not working

Post by Trench »

Not a problem I've encountered before. But as I look at the Common.con configuration file, the radio keys appear as though they're mappable / configurable, just like all the other control keys.

I'm not near a game machine to actually launch Battlefield 1942 and look for whether the in-game "Controls" UI actually allows you to change the radio keys. (Versus they're just present in the Common.con, but not actually exposed for end-user re-configuration.)

But that would be my first guess: For some reason your radio F2 - F8 radio keys are mapped to some other key besides the actual F2 - F8 keyboard keys.

Tap F1-F1 "Roger!" once if you agree, or tap twice if you do not agree.....

-Trench
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: BF/DC radio calls not working  [SOLVED]

Post by Trench »

Just had the opportunity to check, and Battlefield 1942 does provide the UI for you to assign the F1 - F8 radio calls to other keys. So you will be able to check your current mappings simply by looking in the "Controls" section of the Battlefield 1942 menu.

Note the "Common" controls section has three pages. You have to use the arrow down at the bottom where you see "Common 1 of 3" in order to advance to the additional pages of Common controls that you can configure. Radio commands are on page 2.

-Trench
Col. Kilgore
United States of America

Post by Col. Kilgore »

Interesting. I was able to remedy it by turning off 'hotkeys' in BIOS, if i want to use hotkeys i can still do so by holding down the Fn key, basically just reversed the role of the Fn key, not sure I like it this way but can easily switch back if need be. Be a lot easier if I had an F lock key i suppose, seems like the best way for now though.
Col. Kilgore
aka 00 Buck Shot
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

That's strange why F1 key worked.... unless F1 just happened to not have any alternate function associated to it, and so it didn't need "Fn" key pressed in order to access F1, unlike the other F2 - F8 keys. Either way, glad there is a workable solution.

-Trench