Lost Disk  [SOLVED]

Need help?
-=LTF=- Flash
Canada

Lost Disk  [SOLVED]

Post by -=LTF=- Flash »

Hey everyone.

I no longer have the disks that I used to install my original copy of BF1942. I am wondering if there is a site where I can download the entire .exe file that will run on the computer. I understand that I will still need to download the patches and all that mumbo jumbo.

Thanks for the help buds/
"Go hard retard"

ImageImage
-=LTF=- Flash
Canada

Re: Lost Disk

Post by -=LTF=- Flash »

UPDATE:

I found a site to where I can get the BF1942 game installed. I am not installing the MODS. Since its been VERY LONG since I have installed, what are the new updates/mods that have been released. Let me know so I can download them.

Thanks
"Go hard retard"

ImageImage
-=LTF=- Flash
Canada

Post by -=LTF=- Flash »

-=LTF=- Flash wrote:UPDATE:

I found a site to where I can get the BF1942 game installed. I am not installing the MODS. Since its been VERY LONG since I have installed, what are the new updates/mods that have been released. Let me know so I can download them.

Thanks

FAIL!!!!! Everything that I have downloaded failed. I am going to have to get a new cd with a cd key and go fresh. DAMN!!! I was excited to play tonight. Unless someone has a solution to being able to play with no cd, no cd key.....
"Go hard retard"

ImageImage
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

It's not what I would call "clean" -- since it does have a couple custom modifications to it -- but the one I would probably trust if I had to download this game from somewhere besides Origin is a download that Team-SiMPLE made available. They used to have the download link in their main forum banner, but no longer list it there; I'm not sure why. But there are previous posts where tuia provided the link, such as http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 495#p98495.

As to the Desert Combat mods and recommended no-CD and patch settings, if you have an actual retail CD-based installation the additional steps are described in "HOW TO: Use the CD-based Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server".

If you download Team-SiMPLE's package, technically the no-CD patch is already done, but you'll still need all the Desert Combat and PunkBuster-related steps.

-Trench
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

-=LTF=- Flash
Canada

Post by -=LTF=- Flash »

Thanks guys. I'll check these out when I get home
"Go hard retard"

ImageImage
-=LTF=- Flash
Canada

Post by -=LTF=- Flash »

I was finally able to check out those links...THANKS!!!! But, it says that the data.bin file is not installed. It is in the downloaded folder, I just dont know where to relocate the file. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
"Go hard retard"

ImageImage
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Not sure, since I've never encountered that, nor ever needed to rely on these alternate installation sets. I see where this guy said that after unzipping the files, he had to "move the files" to a folder named "EA Games". But it's not clear whether he's saying he had to rename the existing "Battlefield 1942" folder in the .ZIP to "EA Games", or move that folder into a folder named "EA Games". Might just have to experiment.

The other thought that comes to mind is to be sure you're extracting the entire .ZIP file to your desktop or some other location first, before trying to launch the contained "bf1942-setup.exe" file.

If you just "open" the .ZIP file without actually extracting it, Windows is going to let you browse and see the files contained in that .ZIP. But if you tried to launch the "bf1942-setup.exe" program while simply browsing the .ZIP (as opposed to having extracted all the files out of the .ZIP first), then you definitely could be in a situation where "Windows has extracted and launched just the bf1942-setup.exe file you double-clicked on, but the data.bin file has not been extracted yet, which is why setup then complains about being unable to find data.bin."

-Trench
-=LTF=- Flash
Canada

Post by -=LTF=- Flash »

Trench wrote:Not sure, since I've never encountered that, nor ever needed to rely on these alternate installation sets. I see where this guy said that after unzipping the files, he had to "move the files" to a folder named "EA Games". But it's not clear whether he's saying he had to rename the existing "Battlefield 1942" folder in the .ZIP to "EA Games", or move that folder into a folder named "EA Games". Might just have to experiment.

The other thought that comes to mind is to be sure you're extracting the entire .ZIP file to your desktop or some other location first, before trying to launch the contained "bf1942-setup.exe" file.

If you just "open" the .ZIP file without actually extracting it, Windows is going to let you browse and see the files contained in that .ZIP. But if you tried to launch the "bf1942-setup.exe" program while simply browsing the .ZIP (as opposed to having extracted all the files out of the .ZIP first), then you definitely could be in a situation where "Windows has extracted and launched just the bf1942-setup.exe file you double-clicked on, but the data.bin file has not been extracted yet, which is why setup then complains about being unable to find data.bin."

-Trench

IT WORKED!!!!! THANKS TRENCH!!!
"Go hard retard"

ImageImage