Christina

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
IrishLincoln

Christina

Post by IrishLincoln »

It started back before December with him constantly and consistently tk'ing me. It continues to this day.
I've ignored the idiocy long enough, and I think other players will agree that Christina is continuously disruptive and never a team player. I've seen him multiple times purposely tk in revenge when he assumes a player killed him on purpose. He's leaves xpacks and mines in front of vehicles to blow them up just to get back at a player he feels has attacked him or tk'd him.
Now, we all know tks happen for various reasons, but rarely are they on purpose.

I am also constantly accused by Christina of hacking, which is funny because as I know what it is, I wouldn't know how to begin doing any of it the cheats or exploits, nor would I. Cheaters befuddle me.
Lastly, Christina continues to attack me personally and call me "Irish Pig" and make other derogatory statements regarding my name. To clarify, I am Irish and American (My mother is Irish, father American) and I hold citizenship in both countries because of that. I've used the same name since I started playing back in 2002 and I've heard my fair share of idiotic stereotypes and name calling, but this is getting old fast. I've never had a consistent and constant attack like this before. Frankly, I'm tired of the bullshit.

For what it is worth, he's a problem on Ax server as well doing the same thing. There's already a complaint ticket on him over there, so I don't have to do anything about that. Sk is aware and they are logging him. i think they said he's had 7 or 8 temporary bans, but not consecutive. When I visit and he's there it's almost impossible for me to play there due to his constant attempts to get me to tk him. He stands in front of arty guns to get tks on you, runs over mines, stands in front of tanks, etc... you get the idea.

Anyhow, there's my two cents worth on Christina. In my opinion, he needed to go long ago.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Christina

Post by Trench »

Agreed Christina's behavior has been both persistent and frustrating, IrishLincoln. Previous day-bans and multi-day bans here on EA117 haven't seemed to adjust their attitude toward playing on the server in any positive way. That there is a real or perceived language barrier doesn't help to ensure the point is even getting across.

We'll bring this up to Christina again, although I think for this case it really needs to be "directly in in-game chat" rather than just "putting their ban back in place again and assuming they know why." We'll follow-up here once that has been done.

For my own edification, is there something more specific to the context of "Irish PIG"? I had seen that, but took it to be one of the softest of the soft-core insults that get thrown around during the game. Similar to if I was trying to trash talk someone in their native Portuguese, and I personally might have to resort to "<playername> <the only farm animal I know how to say in Portuguese>"...

-Trench
AFPB
Argentina

Post by AFPB »

Just call him "sopa do macaco". Google it to see what it is. Works every time with the Brazilians. lol

I would like to add that he's been seen planting C4 in flags on several times.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Trench I've played this game since it was released and I can honestly say I can likely count on one hand how many times I've thought a regular player has needed a ban. Christina is one of them.
I give the benefit of the doubt that sometimes people bring life stress into the game and act out, but aren't regularly a troublemaker. Shit happens sometimes.
Christina, as I mentioned to alpha one night, I believe is simply trolling us. They pick at breaking rules. Teamwound a little, c4 ctf flags a little, tk a little... Just pick pick pick to see how much they can get away with.
Banning people with such a small playerbase is a sucky option, but if you can't get any sort of response out of them maybe that is whats needed here. I'm one patient dude but even I'm getting sick of Christina.
IrishLincoln

Post by IrishLincoln »

Trench, I sincerely appreciate your time looking into this and reviewing my concerns.
Heck, everyone of us gets under each other's skin now and then, but Christina has pushed it too far.

Regarding the "Irish Pig" insult, it's actually pretty derogatory. I'd equate it with the N word for a black person.
There's a long history of Irish people being consider servants for the English peerage, including working overseas as servants. Irish were often called "grunters" to represent their lowly class according to English peerage. This became a derogatory term in the states in the 1800s during the famine and when some Irish immigrated to Australia and South America to find better lives. many couldn't find jobs because of this stereotype. I'm not necessarily offended, but I put it right up there with any other racist term. It's there, so...
Calling someone a dick or asshole is one thing, whatever, but this is pretty deep culturally and historically and I think it's pretty low. I think it's one thing in all areas of life that we stay away from race and nationality stereotypes (Yes, I'm aware of when people joke with me as well)
He knows good and well what he is saying. He says it to me constantly on Ax server as well. Sk and Mogen are watching him over there.
Here's an example from the 1800s https://flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads ... sh-pig.gif

Free history lesson for today. :)

HairyRussianDude, you nailed it in your post. I appreciate your insight and opinion. I do think people bring real life stress and personal thoughts into game sometimes. I'm guilty as charged. We all do it. I try to use this game as stress relief and to have fun and win the game as a team. This game brings me joy and I enjoy playing with a good majority of you.

I recall calling Christina out one night, because frankly, I'm not one to take shit off anyone and I will call it out if I don't like it or see a rule issue. Since that night he's stuck to me like glue, not only here, but any server we're on together. I agree with HairyRussianDude, he's pushing just to see how much he can get away with.

AFPB, I appreciate you being observant to this issue as well. This confirms I'm not picking one out of the group, but actually seeing an persistent issue.

Thanks again Trench and everyone else. Appreciate your time on this. I am willing to let this go a little longer to see if he improves after a firm warning. Second, third, fourth chances? I don't know, but it's up to admins what to do. I made my case and I appreciate the recognition in this forum.

Christina is no longer welcome at my lunch table. 8-)

IrishLincoln
AFPB
Argentina

Post by AFPB »

"Re: Need an admin??
Postby BlackMercenary » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:34 pm

I did not know this and i will keep this in mind..i have an extreme problem player in Christina...everytime the map Barash edge comes on she hides near the tunnel of red and c4's everybody and everything... she tk's every single map on purpose with c4 and has me in her green as a friend just so she can tk me..which forces me to tk her before she tk's me.. im so tired of this person i almost gave up my no admin rule just to do something about her... T-bone is my witness to this. something needs to done about her bad."

Post from 2012 about Christina. LOL
AFPB
Argentina

Post by AFPB »

We're not swimming in players here, so going on a banning spree is not highly advisible IMO. I would ocassionaly kick him, but not ban him. He should be like the "spezial" player in the server. People will learn to keep a healthy distance from him. He'll be like the bad and disruptive student that sits at the back of the classroom. I say a ban is too much.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Just like to say that I was playing with Irish_Lincoln on that occasion and witnessed Christina did in fact use that insult to him. It happened at Berlin CTF about a week ago.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Also Irish and others you can put the player on ignore.

1. You just hit tab and find their player number (order in which they logged onto the server. Later players will show higher numbers). Remember that number.

2. You then hit tilde key to pull up the console and type

Ignore X

X being their number.

I often put abusive people on ignore. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.
Stu Pidd

Post by Stu Pidd »

I have banned/kicked Christina several times on my server (HHD) He goes off on rants about America and also curses me out accusing me of hacking and being a noob. C4 in all the wrong places.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Thanks for the input, Stu.

Christina is currently on a three-day time out here too, for feeling justified to use racial/religious slurs and insults simply because they believe someone is cheating. (Same as with Irish's situation.) Unfortunately it seems like trying to make the point with Christina is either consistently lost in translation or ignored.

Christina has accused me of having the same hacks they have accused numerous others of having. And I'm the one person I know for sure isn't hacking. So apparently Christina's notion of "I've been playing for twelve years and know cheating when I see it" doesn't count for half as much as they believe it does.

-Trench
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Good.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

Wont stop c4ing flags when admins are off
Silent Assassin
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Mali Mrav wrote:Wont stop c4ing flags when admins are off
I caught him Tuesday on Lost Village laying c4 at the helo (Blue Main)
I consider that in plain view of the flag and an infraction. Others may think differently.
I warned him via RM:

6/5/2018 21:41:54 : Client: Said 'Christina - no c4 at flags please'.
6/5/2018 21:41:55 : Server: Admin message sent.

Others said he was throwing it at players, and that may be. But in this case, I was standing right there when he purposely laid it out to blow the helo.
Round ended shortly after with no other infraction that I witnessed

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Certainly is hard not to consider that "within sight or blast radius of the flag", because it probably qualifies under both of those.

Just don't defend your CTF flag area by pre-planting C4 and waiting. If you really must plant C4 and go hide in a corner, then go do it on one of the roads or spawn flags. If you're saying to yourself "but I have to do it here, or else the flag carrier will get away", that's your clue that you're probably violating the CTF C4 rule... :)

-Trench
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

On every DC server I've played, the rule is no C4 within the radius of the Flag's height. At Lost Village, this would mean C4ing the helo is completely legal and c4ing spawn points inside that cement block house near the flag is legal too. C4ing getaway vehicles to me is no different from mining them.

The issue then is one of distance. So What is the acceptable distance?
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

On Maxnet where im admin u cant put c4 any where in main
its a auto kick from me and other admins
so where did u play like that crash?
Silent Assassin
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Has that always been the rule there? Or just recently?

You're 19 years old right? So you were two years old when this game came out.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

CJ (Crash) wrote:On every DC server I've played...
On the server you're playing on here, the rule is as stated in the server rules:
EA117 Desertt Combat Server Rules wrote:
  • Can we C4 the main flag (the one the enemy is trying to steal from your team) in CTF mode?
    No. If you have planted C4 in the vicinity of the main flag your team is defending, you will be warned or kicked for disruptive play. If you have any doubt whether you will be considered to have C4’d the main flag, DON’T DO IT and use mines instead.

“In the vicinity” does not mean “just at the base of the flag.” It means anywhere within the blast radius of the main flag, and in most cases, even if you’re in SIGHT of the main flag. The affected area will differ for each map, but for example on Al Nas no C4 will be allowed inside the concrete barriers for Allied, and no C4 will be allowed inside the main gate for Axis. On Al Khafji Docks, no C4 is allowed anywhere inside the warehouses. On Lost Village, no C4 is allowed anywhere inside the sandbags.

It is still legal to "toss" C4 to kill the enemy while defending your main flag. You just must detonate the C4 immediately and without delay, else it will be considered that you "planted" C4 and waited for the enemy.
The point is to not plant C4 and wait as a flag defense. If a player is having to ask "where is the threshold for where I can put C4", realize this means they want to defend the flag by planting C4 "but without violating the rule." If you're at the CTF flag defending, use a different tool instead of planting C4 and waiting.

But to answer the question, "the acceptable distance" is as stated in the rule. And varies per map, like some of the examples provided in the rule. And ultimately is also where ever an admin is telling you "stop laying C4 that close to the flag."

-Trench
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I never lay c4. What I do do is c4 the other teams flag to stop them from capping or throw c4 at them as they drive away in a car or something, after theyve stolen it which means not laying c4 but using it like any other weapon.

Christina if youre reading this, youre pretty good at laying c4 traps. I usually think "well played" when you kill me with c4, just dont do it near your flag in CTF.
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

It's the first time I've come to make a post. I would not do it unless it was in case of need, which is happening now.
It's been a few days since Christina returned to her form of harassment for me. Now I am accused of using cheats, she has constantly accused me of this, has made offenses such as dirty, pig, coward and used low slang words.

Her accusation is based on the fact that I always know where she comes from. On some maps, for example, the paths to get to the flag are the same, and if you are in the defense, what I consistently do, it is all a matter of guarding these paths and intercepting the "thief" of the flag. Also, yesterday, for example, on the Iwo Jima map, I was in a Shilka, which has a radar, so I realized that someone was approaching behind the base and went to attack the enemy, which for my unhappiness was her. This was enough to start the charges.
Just yesterday, the player El Che witnessed these charges and tried to argue with her, which was useless.

I never paid much attention to this player, but I began to realize that she never gave me an ftk when an unintentional team killer happened, and she is also a player who does not have an ethical stance in accordance with the rules of the server, because when she does not have one administrator online, she switches teams, attacks bases that can not be captured and places C4 in the ctf map flags.
For acting like this, I believe that it is a player who has nothing to contribute to this server, after all for playing without ethics, is the same as using some type of hack.

Therefore, I would like to ask the administrators some measure against this player. I'm there to have fun, it's a video game, a hobby, I'm not there to put up with that kind of attitude of another player. From what I saw in the forum, others have already made similar complaints from her.

Thanks for your attention and I'm sorry for English.
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Thank you for the information, Cyber. Personally attacking or insulting someone is not permitted here, and we will try and make this clear to Christina when remedying this situation.

Currently there is no rule against accusations of hacking, except when it reaches the point of becoming chat spam or otherwise disruptive to the game. At which point we would ask that any further discussion be taken to the forum.

Christina accuses everyone of hacking though, including admins, as you can see from the earlier posts. So we know they are wrong in their accusations, and simply pay them no mind. But if they are being disruptive or making personal insults in addition to just accusing, we will continue to try and make sure Christina understands what is acceptable here.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

I echo Trench's remarks and also just want to thank you, Cyberdemon, for such a calm, cool, collected, cogent and well-reasoned post. Cyberdemon's comment should be a model for future comments of this sort.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Cyber,

As you know, I connect using a variety of names. I do this in part to allow players to be themselves. If Christina happens to act up and it doesn't appear that an admin is on, mention it a few times in chat and perhaps I can pick up on it and take some action.
The other reason I use different names is because my skill level is so advanced that if they saw tona was in game they might not otherwise join.
It's all about the players for me...looking out for their well being because I care...ok, I'll stop now.

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Christina had some issue being able to post to the forum here, but sent this response via GameTracker.com:
Christina wrote: Tentei postar isto no Forum mao nao sei porque nao dava certo.
Por favor Copie e cole isto no forum para que todos possam ler Obrigado Trench

I read everything and I agree with a lot here.
I'm not really one of the best women in the world.
But when I realize that they are doing something to me to get me to make server errors ok I respond immediately outside the rules
I get really angry and nervous because in fact I do not do anything to anyone if they do not do anything for me.
I keep talking, I know who uses real cheater. I often told somebody just for a joke and they misled me.
Well I would like to prove in some place (Map) how it was used hacker against me because I already saw that my word is not worth anything here
They even told me that if I was 19 years old I'd have to play since the game was launched because I would have been 2 years old
just that the age was not this one that day I was already 27 years old.
I'm sorry I do not speak English, because in many cases I could argue and respond immediately by excising what happened.
I never disrespected anyone for nothing. I always had a reason to do something not very good for the person.
I already put C4 in the Flag but, because at that moment I was angry because they killed me with C4 on the enemy flag. Oh yes it was purposeful.
I love this game I do not use any hacker. and I think many cowards of many players wait a little before entering the game to see who is on the
other side then what happens ??? one side very strong and the other very weak. And I always jokingly say, Men are cowards.
And this not to mention that one side get very strong and with the best players sometimes get 10 x 6 13 x 8 and nobody changes sides to balance
the game there I scream Teamsssssssssssssssssss to see if anyone notices that something is wrong.
I'm just waiting for an opportunity to show on some map with the presence of some players with an understanding when using Hacker.
Remark: when I said this to the Trench he answered no they do not use Cheater I even thought it was Trench's innocence
and ended up giving up the discussion because if he thought this I would complain with who ????????
The IrishLincoln Case he knows very well why I called him PIG.
The only thing he forgot to mention was that he called me a bitch several times. my answer could not be otherwise. or would you all accept it ????
The three-day ban is expired at this point.