Need help with DC

Highway Man
United States of America

Need help with DC

Post by Highway Man »

I downloaded DC about 1 week ago, i get on it, load a map, and about halfway through loading it closes down, just like i would've pressed 'quit'. Doesn't matter which map, game mode. It does on single player, multi player.

Any suggestions? :cry:
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Need help with DC

Post by Trench »

Hello Highway Man,

The symptom sounds like the game is simply crashing. One thing I would suggest, if you haven't already done it, is to download and execute the "Battlefield 1942 GameSpy patch v1.61" installer ("Battlefield 1942 GameSpy patch v1.61.exe") from the Team-SiMPLE downloads page.

There are a couple of crashes, in addition to other changes such a widescreen support and no-CD modification, which have been addressed in their updated BF1942.EXE. So that would definitely be the first place to look.

Using that installer is also going to do other things, like set the "Compatibility" tab to Windows XP SP3 emulation when running Battlefield 1942, which is also going to address some specific possibilities for crashing.

If none of that helps out, or are things you have already done, try looking at the "ReportArchive" and "ReportQueue" folders under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\". (Note that's "ProgramData", not "Program Files", and may be hidden by default. But you can type that path into Windows Explorer and open it anyway, even while it's hidden.) If there are any folders under there which have "bf1942.exe" in the name, then email any .WER, .HDMP and/or .MDMP files you find in those folders to the admin@ea117.com email address, and we'll see if there are any additional clues as to the crash.

-Trench
Highway Man
United States of America

Re: Need help with DC

Post by Highway Man »

Okay, i have not downloaded the Gamespy patch yet. I will try that.