Moongamers vs. EA117 DC Night!

HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Moongamers vs. EA117 DC Night!

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Hey all,

On Friday January 24th between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM Central we will be having our friends from Moongamers stop in for a Moon vs. EA night!

It would be great if you guys could pencil in the date and pop in for a couple of hours, and spread the word to any players who haven't been around much lately.

During this time, we will be stacking teams and running set maps. Do not worry though, the server favorites will show up along with a couple of Moon favorites. Normal rotation and map voting will be back in effect after the event.

We are not sure how many Moonies will come, but if any dual server players wish to join the Moon side to even the teams I suggest using their tag, =MooN=, so that our admin can easily identify who to move to their team.

I think we will be in for a challenge here folks. Moon players got good with slower and more underpowered weapons in 1942. Lets get all our vets in that night so we don't get spanked!

A few links in case anybody needs them...
The server has a bouncer, so players will need to visit the following thread if they have not played here for awhile or never played.
http://ea117.com/access

Should players need to download and install DC, here you go:
http://ea117.com/dcinstall

And if anyone wishes to join us on TS, we have you covered!
http://ea117.com/ts

Thanks and I hope we have a good enough turnout to consider doing this more often!
Last edited by HairyRussianDude on December 15th, 2019, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Re: Moongamers vs. EA117 DC Night!

Post by jolly_giada »

Thanks for organizing, Hairy, and very much looking forward to it!

Any thoughts on which maps? And is 8PM-10PM which time zone?
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

WTF if moongamers?

And Batali....one word...do I have to say it? It starts with N....
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

jolly_mario_batali wrote: December 15th, 2019, 4:58 pm Thanks for organizing, Hairy, and very much looking forward to it!

Any thoughts on which maps? And is 8PM-10PM which time zone?
Woops... thanks Jolly. Fixed! Central time.
I think I'll keep maps a secret so it doesn't turn into a big debate on what to play. Our usuals will be there though.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Sweet, thx HRD. feel free to PM me, Trench, Tona, Rye, et al, for any further discussion or feedback.

-Jolly
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

They won’t win if I play 😉 mooners are nothing.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

But if blink plays, all bets are off
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

HairyRussianDude wrote: December 15th, 2019, 6:25 pm I think I'll keep maps a secret so it doesn't turn into a big debate on what to play. Our usuals will be there though.
Sounds like Nas. Then 5 minutes before that ends, Nas. Then 3 minutes before that ends, extending the time on Nas!

And Bangbang, Blink doesn't play...he...hrm. Don't have a comeback. :(
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

So for this, would we be playing both 1942, and desert combat maps? Or would this be a strictly ea117 run event on our home server...? Or perhaps all on their server? Anyone have an idea?
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

I just re read the first post, and feel like an idiot now. Looks like their coming here
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:14 pm I just re read the first post, and feel like an idiot now. Looks like their coming here
lol you got her. We are inviting Moon to come try their hand at DC for a couple of hours.
I don't want to plan too far ahead, but if this goes well we could certainly do the opposite and head over for a classic 1942 night.
Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

Thanks for the invite!
I'll definitely be there.
And at least 6 or 7 other moonies
Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: December 15th, 2019, 7:03 pm They won’t win if I play 😉 mooners are nothing.
Muahahahahaha......
Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

One of our moonies needs help with DC...
do play on the map, but get kicked with a message A1331-C2.110 error loading Pbag. What am I missing so it will stop dropping me.
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

I just got the pb folder from my old computer install and put it in the new computer installation folder and worked perfect, before that pb was kicking me at the beggining of the game ,
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Highway Man wrote: December 18th, 2019, 5:42 pm do play on the map, but get kicked with a message A1331-C2.110 error loading Pbag. What am I missing so it will stop dropping me.
The first suspicion I would have with that is not having applied the TanksPBUpdate, or needing to re-apply the TanksPBUpdate. So if they haven't done that, or could do that using Step 7 in http://ea117.com/dcinstall, that's what I would be doing for that symptom on my own machine.

I'm sure pulling the /pb folder from a working Battlefield 1942 installation would work too, but shouldn't be what's "strictly necessary." We can create newly installed Battlefield 1942 + PunkBuster installations on new, clean Windows 10 machines which have never had anything installed before, using the steps currently in http://ea117.com/dcinstall.

(And I even just did one this week, using the current Windows 10 1909 64-bit, while verifying whether I could reproduce an issue MuzzleTough is having with an exception in PBCL.DLL. Using the steps laid out in http://ea117.com/dcinstall still worked successfully for me. So while there may still be some compatibility issues lurking out there, it's not that these install instructions don't still work, too.)
[-UG-] Maj. MoFo

Post by [-UG-] Maj. MoFo »

Sounds like fun. I'm in!!
screaming_eagle
United States of America

Post by screaming_eagle »

I am in
screaming_eagle
United States of America

suggest a practice session or two with all on ts to get organized.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

screaming_eagle wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:16 pm suggest a practice session or two with all on ts to get organized.
I don't want to push it too far eagle. I'll be thrilled just having people commit to just coming during that time.
Don't let the word get out, but Trench is actually a smart guy. I don't think he will have an issue dibbying the teams.
We also have observant players who will note if things go off balance and I'm sure will offer to switch if needed.
screaming_eagle
United States of America

No problem. No one gets anything done if we don’t push hard. My way of thinking anyway. Your call though I am just a guest here and respect all opinions and final decisions.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

In my opinion, "practice" sounds appropriate for the Clan Night event, so that the chosen teams have time to work together. That event is still organizing, and determining what the team roster even might be.

This Moongamers Night event, on the other hand, is "more for just having fun while bringing these two communities together for a night." And is already committed to happening -- unless Moongamers' wife or husband comes home early that night and tells them they can't play. 😜

Sure, there is the element of the Moongamers players coming here to kick our asses due to their medieval weapon skills. And we'll love to see a bunch of Moongamers names on one team and EA117 names on the other, for the bragging rights and trash talk of who wins a given map.

But as Hairy mentioned, we have many players who are "both EA117 players and Moongamers players", and might choose their "side" based on one map versus another. There isn't as fixed a concept of "set teams" in the Moongamers Night event, such that "practice together" to achieve some particular goal really seems warranted.

That's my take on it, anyway.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Trench, if I may summarize...

"This is a casual drop-in event."
Highway Man
United States of America