Player "Nobody" trolling me

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Player "Nobody" trolling me

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Hey Trench, hope you had a good vaca. We had fun too.

So tonight player "Nobody" has been trolling me personally. Changing his name to my name(s) (Blinkofaneye and NasJesus) and just harrasing me on chat in general, and the server, too to some extent. Others can corroborate. This was on 1/3/2020 from 9-10PM Central or so. I asked him multiple times to lay off and he just kept it up. Eventually changed his name back to Nobody but kept harrassing. This was on Nas and Basrah nights mainly.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: Player "Nobody" trolling me

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Let’s get him! Blink what was his ping?
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Pings can help trace it down
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

They are a bit of a known troublemaker here, so I don't mind "outing" their identity so that everyone knows we're still talking about the same player. But maybe they weren't on board with trash talk about their mother or other common "Blink-isims" on the server? I haven't looked into the logs, but respect being a two-way street just comes to mind.

Regardless, disruptive gameplay isn't something we'll tolerate from anyone. Thanks for letting us know whom may need to have additional scrutiny (again)....

-Trench
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Trench wrote: January 5th, 2020, 3:31 pm But maybe they weren't on board with trash talk about their mother or other common "Blink-isims" on the server?
Yeah I racked my brain and I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about this guy's mother. You might, however, want to check the chat logs for...all of history to make sure I'm right. :D

I played with him last night and he was mostly better.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Sitting in Chicago-O'Hare at the moment and still a few hours away from a server console. But hopefully they did drop it for now. We shall see!
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Isn't there a movie with Tom Hanks sitting in an airport wistfully thinking about his son, concerned about him being harassed while playing his games? Wasn't it called "Thinking of Blink"?

Thanks for thinking of Blink. And your mother...nevermind..
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

The terminal haha, that’s a funny movie.

Love the part where they go “he found the quarters”

If you know you know
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Rofl bang...I didn't know that was an actual movie! The shit I have floating around in my head.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

After seeing the logs, its not easy to be "on your side" for this one.

It's true -- although not an explicit rule as of yet -- we do discourage folks from impersonating other players. And the use of "BlinkofEnEye" falls into that category, and if it became a persistent issue we would take action as we have in the past.

But here it seems like the real "problem" came only when they switched to NasJesus, and for some reason you thought you could tell them not to do that. Everything else seemed to be fallout from that, and/or the persistent chat spam surrounding it.

For now, how about no one gets to be NasJesus anymore. Since although the name itself might straddle the line a bit, the trash talk that accompanies that name was already "too much" on multiple occasions, and was indistinguishable from religion and/or religion bashing. Neither of which are needed here in order to enjoy playing the game; nor necessary for the other players to tolerate, regardless of how polite or impolite the intention may have been.

Thanks for helping keep EA117 a fun place to play for as many folks as possible.

-Trench
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

*Tries to prove I'm persecuted*

*Accidentally pins self to cross instead*

Lol. ok trench sounds good. I can see your point that it's kinda unfair to claim ownership over multiple aliases. I played so *good* with NasJesus tho!
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)