Mod Requests

tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Mod Requests

Post by tonawandares »

fromage wrote:
tonawandares wrote:The bunker issue has already been addressed.

Thanks,

~ tona
Are you referring to the CTF version where red bunkers are destroyed, leaving no spawn points? If that was fixed and red had a new spawn point on bunkers CTF, that would be sweet.

Thanks for the help modding those.
I'm referring to the new map I'm working on. The bunkers won't blow up.

~ tona
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

So it hasnt actually been addressed then, youre still working on it. I'm looking foward to see how it works in practice. Its a good map that gets ruined by idiots.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

CJ (Crash) wrote:So it hasnt actually been addressed then, youre still working on it. I'm looking foward to see how it works in practice. Its a good map that gets ruined by idiots.
My comment was in the context of the mod I'm currently working on.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.
The bunkers will not blow in the new mod.

~ tona
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

nicely done, Tona!

Agreed w/ Crash that it's an excellent map that can otherwise be exploited by disruptive gamers. Glad its main flaw will be resolved.

What are folks' general opinions on the Blue flag staying in the original blue main on CTF? I personally prefer it there but am open to moving blue flag to red main if folks generally prefer.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

jolly_mario_batali wrote:nicely done, Tona!

Agreed w/ Crash that it's an excellent map that can otherwise be exploited by disruptive gamers. Glad its main flaw will be resolved.

What are folks' general opinions on the Blue flag staying in the original blue main on CTF? I personally prefer it there but am open to moving blue flag to red main if folks generally prefer.
I have no idea what the general thought is on the configuration outside of a few players who approached me about making the mod. It was not my concept.

As always, if a new mod doesn't pan out, we retain the original to revert to.

Thanks,

~ tona
fromage

Post by fromage »

tonawandares wrote:
fromage wrote:
tonawandares wrote:The bunker issue has already been addressed.

Thanks,

~ tona
Are you referring to the CTF version where red bunkers are destroyed, leaving no spawn points? If that was fixed and red had a new spawn point on bunkers CTF, that would be sweet.

Thanks for the help modding those.
I'm referring to the new map I'm working on. The bunkers won't blow up.

~ tona
As long as there are spawn points on that bunkers CTF, that works. Which is what I believe you've intended.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I'm doing remix of Coast Hammer, where its only an Infantry CTF Map (no tanks or helos) inside the city, with a FAR CRY lighting scheme. 50 cal sniper rifle too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Looks sweet! Thanks for your hard work.

JGB
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

From other angle. Removed a house, added industrial pipe to climb on, snipe from, and destiller towers and a repair bay with BMP (behind player's hand near sandbags). Iraqi CTF base.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I put a big pipeline through the map from which to snipe from. 4 access points, including 2 ladders in the middle. Added a helo each and 2 hidden 50 cal sniper rifles. Added 1 bmp, 1 bradley. Added 2 repair bays.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

This looks very cool. Shall we begin beta testing soon, perhaps late one evening?
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

jolly_mario_batali wrote:This looks very cool. Shall we begin beta testing soon, perhaps late one evening?
It would require everyone to download a patch.
It is not a server side mod

~ tona
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Nope, not a patch. youll have to download the map though. And put in your game folder. Takes 5 seconds.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

CJ (Crash) wrote:Nope, not a patch. youll have to download the map though. And put in your game folder. Takes 5 seconds.
I said patch, but technically you are correct.

~ tona

ps, if you speak with jim2102 let him know that I sent him a pm, please.
Thanks
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

Hey i have an a idea.
Could you tona make a sniper map like something small
Docks, Bridge, Bashra Nights something small map
just remake them so we can have one night in a week a sniper map then other nights just put the old map again
just a thought
Silent Assassin
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Mali Mrav wrote: February 6th, 2020, 6:17 pm Hey i have an a idea.
Could you tona make a sniper map like something small
Docks, Bridge, Bashra Nights something small map
just remake them so we can have one night in a week a sniper map then other nights just put the old map again
just a thought
I've thought of this before actually.
I'll check it out.
thanks for the suggestion

~ tona
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Hey tona,

More suggestions to pile on you!
To add a bit more longevity and give the defending teams more of a chance at a win, could you set Britain and Bunkers so that after the objectives are destroyed the opposite team has to kill everyone on the defending side before the tickets drop? They are objective maps anyways, may as well add total annihilation to the to-do list!

I have some very great ideas to make Britain CTF the next Gazala. It is large and has the capacity for planes, helis, ships, tanks, the works. Please let me know whenever you are ready for a more time consuming project, I would love to work with you on this one and get it right.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

HRD,

I'll have to poke around to find where that bit of code lives. In a cursory look, I didn't find anything obvious.
If you want to PM me your ideas on BOB I can review the files and see what is doable in an SSM.

thanks,

~ tona
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

I cannot point you in any direction on stopping the ticket drop in obj mode tona, but I promise you it can be done somehow.
Perhaps in the remote manager somehow as a general setting? Although if it were a general setting would it not encompass all maps and therefore we would see a ticket drop after losing all spawn points in CQ before everyone was killed?
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

It appears that our modding resource forums are gone now...oh boy

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Might be temporary or unintentional. We went through something like this back in August 2018 with the bfmods.com site going offline, and it was just their hosting provider having screwed something up. I've pinged the owner to ensure they're aware, and to offer any help if needed. I see https://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB3/ is still running, so it doesn't seem like "intentionally shut down everything", for what it's worth.

edit: Haven't heard back yet, but I just saw the site go through a couple transitions consistent with someone restoring the site. And it seems back online now.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Trench wrote: April 27th, 2020, 2:49 pm Might be temporary or unintentional. We went through something like this back in August 2018 with the bfmods.com site going offline, and it was just their hosting provider having screwed something up. I've pinged the owner to ensure they're aware, and to offer any help if needed. I see https://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB3/ is still running, so it doesn't seem like "intentionally shut down everything", for what it's worth.

edit: Haven't heard back yet, but I just saw the site go through a couple transitions consistent with someone restoring the site. And it seems back online now.
Thanks Trench...I know this has happened before...
this is a reminder for me to capture more modding codes, tips, ideas.
I wish I just copy/paste the entire thing.

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

You kinda can... A tool like WGET will let you download a given web page to a file, and has options for recursing the entire site, whether you want to traverse links that lead off-site, how deep to go, etc. A GUI front-end tool like https://sourceforge.net/projects/winwget/ will help you set and remember the options, which will take some tinkering to get correct.

Once you test with crawling just a few pages and think you have it right, you probably want to rate limit how fast it tries to crawl the entire site. Or else the site owner might notice a spike and think you're some kind of bad bot or DDoS attack and block you. 😜 The end result is that you'll have a bunch of local HTML files representing all the pages, and if the options were set right, they'll have relative links that let you click through that local snapshot as though you're browsing the live site.

Yeah, sounds like too much work to me, too. Unfortunately that forum software -- and definitely not his old version -- does not have any option to easily dump the entire site to a friendly XML file or similar.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

EDIT: Consolidated posts.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

HairyRussianDude wrote: July 20th, 2020, 10:23 pm Leaving a note for tona/Hairy based on TS talk from players...

- Docks CTF move 50s from island to mainland, but not to warehouses. "Somewhere out of the way"
- Docks CTF add carbombs
- mobile AA on El Al Day2 CQ - Already have mobile AA in that mod much to my disgust ~ SA-9 Gaskin
- Docks CTF move 50s from island to mainland, but not to warehouses. "Somewhere out of the way" ~ not opposed to (1)
- Docks CTF add carbombs ~ Rye called, didn't he?

~ tona