Moon VS EA117

Highway Man
United States of America

Moon VS EA117

Post by Highway Man »

Hi everyone! We are discussing having another get together at MG. There are no promises that it will happen, but just letting y'all know we are discussing it.
Trying to find when the best date would be. And any possible map ideas.
I'm thinking FRIDAY,MAY 8TH. Just throwing that out there.
How does that sound?

In the meantime please take time to read and review our server guidelines.
http://www.moongamers.com/forum/index.p ... topic=8802

TS rules and guidelines http://www.moongamers.com/forum/index.p ... topic=4315.
Will post back if everything goes through and finalized.
HWM.
Last edited by Highway Man on April 25th, 2020, 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: Moon VS EA117

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Glad to hear you got around to planning this!
I might suggest the 15th though. Give some extra time for the drop in players to get wind of this.
And send Lin a goddamn pawn shop computer so she can't weasel out of playing!
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Very exciting. Thanks both to HM and HRD for getting this going. I kindly request a Sunday rather than a Friday since that is my most unencumbered night but defer to the "wisdom of the crowd." Feel free to send Tona, Trench, HRD, and I PMs if need be for any requisite coordination.

I think a mix of DC and BF1942 maps, 20 mins each, would be a lot of fun. My own fantasy would be something like:
Caen CQ '42
LV CTF DCF
Battle of the Bulge CQ '42
Al Nas CTF DCF
Invasion of the Philippines CQ '42
Urban Siege CQ DC0.7
Wake CQ '42
Battle of Britain CQ DCF or BF1942 (both are great)

to show each server the full range/variety of what each mod has to offer.

Of course I'm open-minded, just throwing ideas out there.

And regardless, looking forward to joining if I'm free that evening.
Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

We would be running Vanilla bf42 only.
Sunday will not work as we Run RtR SW maps on Sunday
Last edited by Highway Man on April 24th, 2020, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

May 15th sounds good possibly. We'll see
7:30PM cst, 10 PM cst.
Last edited by Highway Man on April 24th, 2020, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Thanks for letting me know. The peak hours of EA117 are 830CT to 10CT, so it might be best to consider a non-overlapping window so it does not conflict. It looks like MoonGamers peaks a few hours before that, so perhaps late afternoon / earlier evening CT might be considered.
Highway Man
United States of America

Post by Highway Man »

The reason we may be having it at that time is because THAT is when ea117 does peak, as in when most of your players are able to play, like when we came to your server, that's when most of our regular players are able to play, just the other way around now.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

I agree Highway Man. If we do this right, it means the EA117 server will be a ghost town that evening, because we successfully got everyone to come participate in the Moongamers event during the time they normally have available to play, and they loved it so much they all stayed to the end.

And yes, "this time we're in Moongamer's house", so it's going to be genuine BF1942 all the way and no DesertCombat. Flintlocks and pointy sticks for everyone! 😜

One day is ultimately as good as another from my perspective, but I agree with Hairy Russian Dude that setting May 15th, if possible, gives us more time to gin up interest and knowledge about the event. But obviously it can only happen on a day the Moongamers admins and players are actually available, so we'll wait to hear what you determine.

Two weeks until May 8th is still a lot of time, but I think we advertised the prior event for nearly a month ahead of time.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Highway,

I just want to elaborate a bit on the date.
Many of our regs are casual and come and go. For the last event, Trench is correct that we announced it a month in advance. He put a grey text notification on in the server, I mentioned it in the shoutbox multiple times, and I meticulously messaged 5 users at a time (stupid system won't let me send to more than that at a time) about the event. This effort was all just to bring it to everyone's attention and took a bit of time.
You plan what works best for you, but the more time to get the notice to our casuals the better. Let me know as soon as you have a concrete date and we can get on spreading the word!
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

I assume this is not happening tonight?

Highway Man: Very supportive of this kind of event whenever the time is right for MG.

-Jolly