Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Trench, are you missing the rains?

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Is this the dude you were talking about last night?

phpBB [video]
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Trench, are you missing the rains?

Post by Trench »

Yeah, that's the guy. Frankly I appreciate much less the ones where he's solo, or maybe more specifically don't enjoy as much when he's singing instead of just growling. But the ones like Toto where he pulled in a collaborator like Hanna (not to mention Rabea the guitarist, who was awesome on that one as well) are pretty good. Appreciated how he interrupted the "subscribe & like" to go back to shredding with Rabea:

http://youtu.be/MH9FyLsfDzw?t=244

That "second half" was definitely every bit as good as the first half. 😜 Also one of the ones with Mary Spender:

Although sometimes his guitar can make being on his own worthwhile, like:

But for an example of the ones I didn't appreciate as much:

HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

He is one of my favorite artists. I like the vast majority of his covers for the simple fact that he takes songs I don't particularly enjoy and puts a metal spin to them so I do like them.

Like Taylor Swift. Not my bag at all, love the cover.
phpBB [video]

Or this annoying gem, which I can appreciate that he learned how to sing in Korean for this one.
(True story about this one. I was working in the middle of nowhere out of town when this one was popular and everybody had had enough of it in a town with nothing to do but play pool at the bar. They had a juke box there too, $0.50/song or $1 to have yours bumped to the top of the list. Our crew was leaving for the evening and one guy put $20 in and selected Gangnam Style as the next 20 songs. I wondered how many times it played before they unplugged the thing lol.)
phpBB [video]

This one you might like. As far as I am concerned, he took this from Adele and made it his own. Probably my favorite cover he did.
phpBB [video]

I just find it pretty cool you have heard of the guy!
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Clearly he had found what he loves to do. There is a lot to appreciate there.