Mod Requests

boom
United States of America

Re: Mod Requests

Post by boom »

i see no need change Berlin. Wth why don't we down middle the road in center give easy get. Thought this all war we play here team work. Yes already maps been killed. Yes see some mod and to add but when do you draw the line. Really think out spec this all war not candy crash
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

EDIT: Consolidated posts.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

HairyRussianDude wrote: August 6th, 2020, 10:33 pm Note from player banter: General mod Market CQ. Axis needs helo repair. Market CTF would be welcome.
I don't believe either team has any repair capabilities.
I've always spawned with a wrench. Maybe a helo pad type repair field makes sense for both sides.

~ tona
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Just a quick note here...It appears that November is clearing away some time for me to attempt to do some modding. Outside of an "arena-style" Bunkers mod, I want to concentrate on adjustments to maps already modded and in rotation.
I'm not going to list them because I don't want to restrict any ideas about any map. I'll prioritize when I begin.
I will go back through this thread and review what has been suggested but do welcome new posts even if mentioned previously here.

Thanks,

~ tona
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

tona plz make bunkers first then other maps ;) i will love you forever if u make it quickly :DDD
Silent Assassin
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

That's disturbing mali

~ tona
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

But tona im waiting for BUNKERS for over 2 years lol
cant wait no longer...
Silent Assassin
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Consolidating my recent posts. This is a collection of mainly player requests, observations I have made, and some of my own ideas.
Will pick away as I have time and add completed mods to the appropriate thread. tona please let me know if you decide to tackle any but no pressure if you have your own ideas to bring to life!

- Clean up the thing. Hairy knows. Copy paste invisible characters?
- More mobile AA on El Al Day2 CQ
- Urban CQ: Delete Red main and carrier. Make South and North flags into mains to shrink map for our now smaller population. Add tanks, mobile AA, helos, spawn choppers, etc.
- Urban CTF: Fix "reverse CTF". Make same changes as suggested for Urban CQ. Ensure all control points have vehicles to intercept.
- Need to swap technicals for hummers in Docks CTF, Gave carbomb to technicals inadvertently.
- Al Nas CTF: Fix Blue spawn truck so Blue cannot spawn in stolen truck.
- Wake CTF: Add boats or amphibious vehicles near mains.
- Market CQ: General spruce up would be welcome from players. Add helo repair to Red main, Blue as well?
- Market CTF: Create a Market CTF. Player request.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

- Bulge CQ: Redistribute flag points so holding only blue main does not stop bleed.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

HairyRussianDude wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:36 pm Consolidating my recent posts. This is a collection of mainly player requests, observations I have made, and some of my own ideas.
Will pick away as I have time and add completed mods to the appropriate thread. tona please let me know if you decide to tackle any but no pressure if you have your own ideas to bring to life!

- More mobile AA on El Al Day2 CQ - It's a freaking helo fighting map, sheesh...
- Urban CQ: Delete Red main and carrier. Make South and North flags into mains to shrink map for our now smaller population. Add tanks, mobile AA, helos, spawn choppers, etc.
- Urban CTF: Fix "reverse CTF". Make same changes as suggested for Urban CQ. Ensure all control points have vehicles to intercept.
- Need to swap technicals for hummers in Docks CTF, Gave carbomb to technicals inadvertently.
- Al Nas CTF: Fix Blue spawn truck so Blue cannot spawn in stolen truck.
- Market CQ: General spruce up would be welcome from players. Add helo repair to Red main, Blue as well?
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Thank you, Tona.

Hairy: I love Bulge CQ and CTF and would be enthusiastic about any mods of these phenomenal maps. Visiting that area in Belgium was also quite moving.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

I'm merely leaving notes on player chat and observations. No plans to reinvent the wheel on Bulge currently.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

tonawandares wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:26 am
HairyRussianDude wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:36 pm Consolidating my recent posts. This is a collection of mainly player requests, observations I have made, and some of my own ideas.

- More mobile AA on El Al Day2 CQ - It's a freaking helo fighting map, sheesh...
- Al Nas CTF: Fix Blue spawn truck so Blue cannot spawn in stolen truck. - Nas is one genuinely weird mod. I don't think that you can change anything (SSM) with the spawn trucks. They are unique to Nas
THE_Highway Man
United States of America

Post by THE_Highway Man »

AL NAS CTF:
Would it be within the easy realm of possibility to add a stationary 50 cal machine gun (or 2) to the American base?
granted the humvee's can be used as defense, they can be taken out with a single RPG.
No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.
– Thomas Jefferson
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

THE_Highway Man wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:34 am AL NAS CTF:
Would it be within the easy realm of possibility to add a stationary 50 cal machine gun (or 2) to the American base?
granted the humvee's can be used as defense, they can be taken out with a single RPG.
I believe they are original to the mod and were removed.
To answer your question, yes. they can but you will be a standing duck...I think the mounting is a static object so if it is moved you won't see it in an SSM. You will see the machine gun floating.

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

The Axis mounted machine guns can't reach outside their main, really, so thinking of a balanced position to put mounted machine guns in the Allied main isn't obvious for me. None of the Axis mounted machine guns point towards a "main spawn area" or even the vehicle spawns, such that the mounted machine gun could be used by the enemy to suppress Axis to any large degree.

Putting one on the concrete barriers at Allied main lets Allied cover a long way down the main road; putting one pointing East on the bridge near the flag lets them cover the whole river bank, etc., and don't seem advisable. A mounted machine gun near the Allied flag pointing West would allow destroying Allied vehicles and is the main spawn area, so doesn't seem advisable.

A mounted machine gun near the Allied flag pole pointing North would probably be okay. Maybe even on the watch tower at the flag, although the mounted machine gun would be on the same side as the ladder in order to point North. Pointing North only lets the gun cover blue's main, but with limited X-axis movement, not the vehicle or main spawn area.

The fact that the Axis pickup truck mounted machine guns have limited yaw / X-axis movement, and the arrangement of the "side alley" into red main, never made me seem like it was an unbalanced arrangement within Axis main. Allied gets Humvees that spawn and can shoot 360 degrees to where ever the threat is coming from. Just not clear for me how large any "imbalance" actually is; or even if there was, where we could put mounted machine guns in Allied main which then aren't themselves the imbalance.

Hmm. Maybe a mounted machine gun on the concrete barriers in Allied main, but turned so the limited X-axis movement can only cover folks exiting 1st flag near Allied main (and not directly East "down the main road") would be okay. And would be somewhat similar to the mounted machine gun arrangement at Axis' 1st flag. Easy to take out, but a choke point for keeping 1st flag spawners out of main, in both cases.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

I kinda like the watch tower idea, deciding where to face it would be the question.

Just seems like a unique spot to have a 50, and I'd entertain that idea if anyone else thinks it's a good one.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

stats indicate that dc al nas is mildly lopsided toward blue, so i would advocate against any change that confers an additional advantage.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Okay, so for an SSM request/ Bang can actually do it and has already done it for Vanilla 1942.

Berlin CTF, wanted to get opinion on moving the USA main to where the first CQ flag is located in the CQ/COOP modes.

I feel like sometimes blue gets bottlenecked and it's just main rape on there, Moving the main to that other spot might give a different vibe on the berlin we have had for years. Also, since this map already comes with CTF as a mode, it's easy as heck to mod. I was having trouble with the maps that didn't come with the CTF mode. Modding in the carriers and adding all the soldier spawns in the object spawns is just absolutely mind numbing, having to mod in and out a shokaku just to spawn in lol.

Also making significant progress on DC Cornered CTF, it's just very hard to make a SSM CTF of a non CTF map.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Didn't tona try that once upon a time?
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

He might've,

Now that I have access to a 24/7 server and help run another community. I can use that server to test SSM's for us here.

Have already started a few remakes of maps that already have the CTF mode. DC Cornered has worked officially.

It'll be coming together soon lol.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Nas Day 2:
- Carbombs
- Move out of bounds to cut off areas on other side of main bridges, both allied and axis
- Swap a bradley for a linebacker
- Swap stryker for something else, or give axis a stryker. smoke grenades are cool.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

HairyRussianDude wrote: June 5th, 2021, 10:20 pm - Move out of bounds to cut off areas on other side of main bridges, both allied and axis
Or the opposite direction: Give Axis an out of bounds area beyond their bridge, like Allied has.

Given the frequency that it's used, I think people like having the out of bounds area option that we don't normally have on the Day 1 map. So rather than "take it away from both sides", maybe first figure out whether we can effectively "give it to both sides."

Unfortunately there isn't any "cover" for Axis like there is for Allied; meaning no buildings on the other side of Axis' bridge. It might require using the "parked immobile vehicles" approach like Tona used to seal off Coastal Hammer streets. i.e. Give Axis something to park or snipe around in the out of bounds area, other than buildings.

HairyRussianDude wrote: June 5th, 2021, 10:20 pm - Swap a bradley for a linebacker
- Swap stryker for something else, or give axis a stryker. smoke grenades are cool.
Neutering one of the Bradleys to match the BMP-1 certainly sounds appropriate. Just making Axis have two BMP-2s -- just like Allied has two Bradleys -- also seems like it would even things up.

Replacing the Stryker with a Humvee would "make sense", because Axis has the BDRM and Allied doesn't have a small light vehicle.

But two Strykers does sound like more fun, for an equipment map. Maybe giving Allied a Humvee, and Axis a Stryker, in addition to whatever is independently decided about Bradleys vs. BMPs.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

My only beef with balance when it comes to bradleys and bmp2s is the brads have two missles.
Normally on larger maps I would say the amphibious feature of bmp2s cancels that out, but on a small urban map I think the extra missle is huge.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Give them one t72/abrams each. Instead of two Bradley’s/bmps…

I dunno how you guys would like that. But you could add a technical recoiless and Humber Tow aswell.