Things to do if in my(your) state

What's your top 5?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Things to do if in my(your) state

Post by Nightstalker »

What I would recommend for someone coming to Tennesse. These things are not seasonal (atleast not to my knowledge) as my recommendations may change according to the season. These are general passing through and maybe staying the night somewhere things to do.

1. Let me know your coming.
2. Grand Ole Opry ... you may not like country or bluegrass music but is still neat to see an actual LIVE broadcasted radio so.
3. Jack Daniels Distillery.. free and I have had a good time everytime I have been. (4 times)
4. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge .. great get away for couples and singles too on the mountains and sites/shopping/entertainment.
5. If at the Grand Ole Opry, check out the Ryman (original Opry House) and the old honkytonks. (Ask Swodi .. he had fun)
6. I added one because #1 not really something you will find on the internet but still a requirement I add the historic sites. Civil War Battlegrounds, Andrew Jackson home, Sam Davis home and Graceland if you are an Elvis nut.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Things to do if in my(your) state

Post by Swanny-CG »

1. Golden Gate and Marin Headlands
2. Yosemite
3. Monterey/Carmel/17 Mile Drive
4. Disneyland or Hollywood (if you're so inclined)
5. Meet me for lunch
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

So far the only that comes to mind is drive up to Salt Lake City and throw rocks at Tuck...

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Dude .. You have the Rockies. I have been to Utah and I would recommend that. A great site to see and I am sure you could find some good rocks while scaling a mountain too.

Oh and yall have that family with the guy married to 4 women. Yes that happens to be more "quality time" for my married life. It does give me time to get on here and either game or bug you guys. :D
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

1. Fish - We have 100,000~ lakes.
2. Hunt - Half of the province is a big ass field, the other half is woods. Hunting is a big part of tourism here.
3. Eat perogies - Many Ukrainian immigrants settled here and everyone's Baba passed down their recipes. We are all probably related...
4. See the Tunnels of Moose Jaw - Yes, that is a real city. It sounds so made up that Al Capone used tunnels there to smuggle booze.
5. Meth - We have plenty to go around.