Possible “Clan War” Based Matches

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: Possible “Clan War” Based Matches

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

I will make another forum, to keep track of potential people. I think we should aim for 7v7 to be honest.
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

I will only play if Eagle is on the opposing team so I can continue to blow his huge ass with my saw ??? I went back to Doom 2. As for dressing up as a cheerleader ... I begin to realize your fantasies about me ... :31: :lol:

Cyberdemon

P. S. Fu Eagle!!! :lol:
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Hello guys, I’ve been going through some of the posts in this forum regarding the organizing of clan wars and other competitive events.

I would like to give a hand to organize the competitive events, if people are still interested. Since 2015 I have organized numerous tournaments and leagues on the SiMPLE community, sometimes all by myself but most recently with the help of a few colleagues. What I can suggest for the clan war matches would be:

1) Find a server location where most players have a reasonable ping. I assume most players here are from the US and Canada.

2) This is kind of obvious but the server must always be separate from EA117 and be dedicated to the competition, with a password. It wouldn’t be appropriate to Trench to use his server for this since it has a different mandate and serves public players only.

3) The initial clan war event could be used as a stepping stone for some sort of league or ladder to be held in the future. I would suggest that this first event be held with teams of 5; that way you get more teams to sign up for it as opposed to the full fledged 8v8 clan war.

4) A suggestion for the game mode of the event could be 5v5 CTF. The way I see it is stock DC/DCF maps are really built around CTF and these maps are pretty excellent for that. I would suggest removing vehicles, limiting nades and removing expacks to give the event a more “pure infantry” feeling.

5) I haven’t really seen any mention of this but it is essential to agree on an anti-cheat program and enforce it during the event. The default AC is PunkBuster; with all its flaws it still offers at least a basic amount of protection I imagine. Oh, and the server in which the competition takes place must run Unpure mode, to prevent players which use mod based cheats from joining the event.

I don’t have a problem with hosting the server myself. I can set it up and install the necessary files too. If you guys are still interested by this event, please let me know.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Hello,

Sorry to revive this old thread but did the event happen?
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Hey Mamba,

I don't believe this came to fruition.
If you're ever scouting the communities to organize an event, we do have some interested parties and would love to hear about it!
But generally our player base is pretty casual. Do the life stuff, crash some hummers into trees to wind down, head to bed.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

hey Mamba,

my time is pretty limited these days with work and medical concerns but if someone else does the organizing, i'm down to participate.

while i do agree it could be more easily executed on another server, i think doing it on ea117 on an "off hour" i.e. not during the ~630-9PM PT peak, maybe 530-630PM PT on a Sunday, would be feasible, tho i defer to my fellow admins on that one.

i ask for any 'clan war' that we use Discord for verbally talking for intra-team communication! that would be fun

hope u r well,
jolly
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I have a team of players that could possibly play a DC clan war (about 7 players). I'll keep you guys updated in the coming days.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

sounds fun, keep us posted.

will defer to Trench et al on whether or not EA117 server could be a good home for such a clan war in a non peak hour.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

jolly_giada wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 10:36 pm sounds fun, keep us posted.

will defer to Trench et al on whether or not EA117 server could be a good home for such a clan war in a non peak hour.
Is EA117 a Clan? That's news.
How about we just exchange a server population night and we all agree to play on each other's server for a couple of hours.

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Yeah, I think "clan war" is going to be a non-starter here, and nothing we need to "try and make work for EA117."

So many of our folks are here just randomly, when available, and "just for fun" like HairyRussianDude described. And they aren't looking for, nor needing, some "new way to play competitively, on a specific schedule."

Or what I should say is, any who are looking for that, they are already finding it or can find it outside of EA117, by being part of an actual clan. Even though they continue being a regular member of our EA117 playing community, too.

We were willing to explore a "clan war" event before. But it didn't make, and I don't think we need to try and "force the issue" now by trying again for that specific kind of "clan war" event. Like Tona said, we've been plenty willing and successful at simply visiting other servers with our community, or having those other servers visit us, for just regular fun gameplay. As well as simply having internal EA117 events for a specific map rotation, or similar.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Sorry for necroposting, but I just wanted to add that I'd like to organize some sort of competitive league just for DC, with a dedicated website. I am already working on some design ideas for the website and the content (media, text, files) is pretty much ready.

Everything related to competitive gameplay in DC would be handled on the website, as opposed to creating different threads on the EA117 forums. Here is some more information:

1) The league would be based in North America. North American players are preferred, but I won't say no to an European wanting to play in a team
2) Most competitive events would be composed of teams of no more than 3 players to begin with. If interest for the league grows, then we can look at setting up bigger events
3) Because of point 2), it would be preferred if the competitions were hosted on small, close quarters infantry maps (Al Nas, Al Kafhji Docks, for example)
4) The main competition would be composed of different seasons (two each year) with smaller cups in between
5) The website will be easy to use with a comprehensive UI facilitating the creation and registration of teams in the different competitions
6) Smaller teams means more of them can join. If there are enough teams (at least 10), then skill-based divisions will be introduced with a promotion/relegation system
7) The gameplay in the main competition would either be CTF or CQ. I'm leaning more towards CTF because some CTF I/O maps in DC are pretty kickass, but the community will have to vote
8) Dedicated league servers based in different corners of North America (North, South, East, West, Central)

That's pretty much it for now. If I have more ideas, I will add them to this thread. Feel free to add anything I might have missed!