Iphone running out of room

Need help?
sanchez
El Salvador

Iphone running out of room

Post by sanchez »

hello guys, can somebody help me out, my wife's iPhone's storage is almost full and running very slow, she pays for Icloud storage and I have to delete some photos of her phone, I am just worried I may delete some photos and they will be deleted off the cloud thing as well. how do you delete only from the phone?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Iphone running out of room

Post by Trench »

Wish I could help you Sanchez, but I don't own any Apple devices to say what their options are or how you would ensure what will happen, or what specific action to invoke to get that result.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

sanchez wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:24 pm hello guys, can somebody help me out, my wife's iPhone's storage is almost full and running very slow, she pays for Icloud storage and I have to delete some photos of her phone, I am just worried I may delete some photos and they will be deleted off the cloud thing as well. how do you delete only from the phone?
If you've saved the photos to icloud storage you can safely delete them from the phone. They are securely saved in the cloud.
If you want to be double sure and have a laptop or desktop, connect the iPhone to the machine and import the photos and save them on that device.
I will also save my photos to a flash drive

I hope this helps,

~ tona
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

What tona said is the way.

I lost the most fun years of my life due to a hard drive crash. I Now have an external drive backing up important folders every night.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

What I've learned in life is that it's a lost cause to help wives and little brothers with their virus-laden, bogged down, full-hard drived devices. Fuck 'em. If they can't learn to self-regulate, just walk away...
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

thanks, Tona I downloaded all photos on a USB drive, the only problem is that they are all not organized but who cares I will organize them later.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

sanchez wrote: December 28th, 2021, 8:41 pm thanks, Tona I downloaded all photos on a USB drive, the only problem is that they are all not organized but who cares I will organize them later.

You should be able to select View (while in the flash drive) and you will find all sorts of detailed options for sorting and can set as default.
How that looks depends on your OS.

Happy to help,

~ tona