is something going on? says people playing....cant connect,

thank
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: fail to connect to server

Post by Trench »

zanshin1 wrote: April 7th, 2022, 8:40 pm 10 39 est...

is something going on? says people playing....cant connect,
I imagine that it is the same problem as last time, but that your machine happened to be using "an even more suspicious source port number". Such that even though the adjustment we made last time has allowed you to play up until now, it still wasn't permissive enough to allow you in this specific case.

Unfortunately I didn't still have the LAN trace running in order to "prove" this is what happened. I'll get the LAN trace running again soon, but in the mean time go ahead and try to connect again. Unless we're just extremely unlucky right now, your system will probably pick a less suspicious port number and work, same as it was worked the past couple months.

-Trench
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

hi, hope it all works......just so you know....i live in shelby twp, MI......i have comcast as my provider.....there should be nothing "suspicious" about anything i do....thanks. ill try later tonight
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

It's "suspicious" only in very technical TCP/UDP protocol terms. Your connections to the server are "unique" in a way that other players are not; presumably it is related to settings by Comcast or the specific modem/router being used.

I'm definitely not saying that you're doing anything "wrong", nor is this likely to be anything you can "change" without using a different ISP or a different modem/router.

The connections are just unique in a way which is similar to how certain suspicious connections are also "unique". Hence why some of the anti-DDoS configurations of the server were affecting your connection attempts.