Community input

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Demonic
Australia

Community input

Post by Demonic »

ok....i started this thread with the hope, that those who get on this forum as a 'guest' will actually log in and share their thoughts and ideas..on pretty much what ever.

so many times during a game, people will say " i dont like this map"...." ill skip this map and wait til the next one ".......or we begin a CQ round ( which i still enjoy playing ) and there is a explosion of map voting going on for CTF.

CTF maps are fun...i enjoy them.......but i cannot help but feel we have backed our self into a corner and have over indulged with them...now its "must mod this map for CTF...must mod that map for CTF ".....perhaps numbers have fallen away from this server because its an over kill of CTF ?!

im just throwing thoughts around here, but its 'impossible' ( someones famous line during a game ;) ) to know what the majority feel when they remain silent...except complain on the server lol maybe next time on the server, they get a gentle nudge to get on the forum more often.

so if you happen to be on of these 'guests' that gets on this forum, but you actually play on the server.....SIGN ON AND SPEAK UP :D :D :D :D

the more feed back we can get from everyone, the better we can work together and find a suitable balance.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Re: Community input

Post by Demonic »

i am not sure if this will help any, but i thought i would mention how a lot of us are in different time zones, and how that could impact on how people are joining the server at any given time.
Kurtz was on last night, which was awesome to see and he mentioned that it was late for him, when there were a few of us on playing.

so for example here, when i see the server starting to get more people, its between 7 pm and 8 pm PT (Pacific time)...thats my time zone.
if there are those who are further to the east coast, that would be on earlier than this ( my time that is ), i would try and get on the server then also.

im not suggesting that everyone has to try and be on earlier, as we all have RL things to take care of....im just trying to see if there is anyone who could get on a little earlier, to give it a try so people like Kurtz dont have to stay up til the early morning hours just to play DC with us ( followed by a hiding from his wife for even playing DC to begin with...lol jk brother Kurtz )
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Having a perfect map for everyone is almost impossible.

The best maps here for crowds are NAS, and other CTF's.

For example, when I do an event, I try to build up to the "peak player count" of the night. Which usually ends on nas. We have an event this Friday, which I will make a post about tonight.

We had around 30 ppl last event on my latest Market Garden CTF, so that was nice to see... in the past we have gotten 30+ on medina ridge CQ, dustbowl cq ... so it is possible.

I personally love CQ maps, and I have an awesome small custom CQ map that almost everyone that has played it loves.

Link (NOT MY FOOTGE): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzS7j0YUY8&t=1211s

There are many options to improve the server, we could maybe shorten the list.. have set rotations for days of the week... lots of things. Overall ea117 is still awesome, and we don't need to worry too much...

This coming event has a few CQ maps, so stay tuned for that :)
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Having a perfect map for everyone is almost impossible.
We have talked about this many times in past years, and yeah it is impossible. However i still feel its important to get feed back from those who still play here, so they can suggest a map or maps that dont get played much these days because they end up playing CTF all the time.
The best maps here for crowds are NAS, and other CTF's.
Even the most enjoyable map , like Nas, can get stale..i get bored with it. And it doesnt help when both teams end up with players who prefer to defend their main, rather than go for a flag.....CQ breaks that cycle.
In fact last night we played a few rounds of CQ and it was refreshing....and no one left the server.
I personally love CQ maps, and I have an awesome small custom CQ map that almost everyone that has played it loves.
custom maps are harder to get people wanting to play on this server......and what happens to those who would rather not have to download extra files just to play on the server ?!
This coming event has a few CQ maps, so stay tuned for that :)
Who did the modding for these potential maps? CQ maps would be welcomed, beside them being all CTF.

EA117 to my knowledge, began with just CQ maps....and yes, over time the rotation got chopped and changed in order to keep people's interest.
But unless our regs dont speak up, we will never know....hence my thread here to give em a gentle foot in the butt to share their voice....rather than leaving the server because its another CTF map, or certain map no one, but one person cares for.......it will all take time.
i personally will play just about any map.......providing its not overly modded.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I haven't been on much for awhile now but if I am, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Just be vocal in requesting a CQ map appropriate for the player count and I'm always game.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

I will put in a request here, to have ALL maps that have been modded, to be replaced by the original or pre-2015 modifications ( in other words, how they used to be ).

I cannot help but feel that the core essence of how EA117 once was, has been lost in all this madness of changing this and that.
I didnt put this post in the 'map modification' thread because its more of frustration than a mod idea.

Numbers on this server can fluctuate for many different reasons.......but i cannot help feel it is total ignorance to have people say " the numbers are down because they are tired of the maps " and not stop and think " maybe some of the modded maps recently have driven people away"

We will never know the truth perhaps, but my suggestion/idea is to start from the beginning again, and work forward from there.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Weren't most recently-modded maps actually add-ons that are in *addition to* the pre-2015 maps? Like coastal didn't have a CTF until it was modded to, right? And same for Bang's move-the-spawn-points CTF Libcaen, Phillipines, etc?
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

BlinkofanEye wrote: May 13th, 2022, 1:10 pm Weren't most recently-modded maps actually add-ons that are in *addition to* the pre-2015 maps? Like coastal didn't have a CTF until it was modded to, right? And same for Bang's move-the-spawn-points CTF Libcaen, Phillipines, etc?
Coastal hammer comes with CTF, it just has the flags across the lake/ocean and then one in the forest base if I’m not mistaken .

Pretty useless without a mod. Tona did an excellent job modding it into the CTF we have now.

Caen, phili, Dustbowl, market, cornered, and Britain, (might be more I did…) all didn’t have CTF in the maps, so I had to add them in utilizing ship spawns and a bunch of bs to make them run as a new game mode.

You realize demonic that Maxnet was getting 30-40 ppl daily in 2022 (before Russia said no more server)… with maps that are more modded than ours?

Has nothing to do with the MAPS, but with the timing, the USA location and time zone, and it could possibly be the order of maps played/rotation on a certain night.

USA for just DC, Is a hard base to attract too, the euros can’t play during this time. We are doing just fine the way we are keeping the game alive.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

all, please see
viewtopic.php?t=6833