Blink’s trash talk / teasing

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Blink’s trash talk / teasing

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Hello,

It has recently come to my attention that I may be assuming people are down to “trash talk” more than I thought. I know some, like Demonic, absolutely can’t stand it, and I try, sometimes successfully, sometimes not, to have a close to zero tolerance limit on myself for them. However, I’ve been operating under the general impression that people are fine with it, or even enjoy it.

Now, this is good natured trash talk I’m talking about. I have definitely partaken in bitter, angry trash talk, and obviously that’s not ok, and I can generally tell the difference.

I guess some examples would be me calling certain players nub, facker, telling Peeper what I think of his candy bar throwing, and so on. Also me telling a player they better run after they killed me a few times in a row and they’re driving me nuts (like HDE last night.)

Anyways, I’d just like to get a general and an individual gauge of what peoples tolerances/enjoyments of the trash talk. I don’t want to be forcing myself on people, and I can also filter myself on a per person basis if needed, as with Demonic.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Demonic
Australia

Re: Blink’s trash talk / teasing

Post by Demonic »

Read this all the way through :

viewtopic.php?t=6606

We have already been through this before....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

My question stands..
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
[BOP] FallinRaven
Finland

Post by [BOP] FallinRaven »

This sounds a lot like the thread Dem just linked…

Idk if everyone will log on to tell you specifically how they’d like to be treated. The rules are stated.

So here’s my general suggestion to anyone:
Observe. Be patient. See how others interact with each other. See who teases and who doesn’t. Some people get along better with certain players and dish out a lil bit more just for them. Some don’t like it period. You aren’t going to be friends with every single person, so just observe the room, and don’t assume you know how they like being talked to. Also if you’re not having a good day, don’t dish it out at all because it will show and you will catch heat… and you don’t want the heat.

Imagine everyone in game is playing in the same room as you. If you wouldn’t say what you say in person then don’t say it in chat. Imagine your words coming out of your mouth and a live person hearing them.

Note: I don’t understand calling people “nub” or name calling for a cheap laugh. Who finds that funny? It’s childish. Like even from a trash talking perspective… its boring and unoriginal.
[BOP] - Birds of Prey
Dogema

Post by Dogema »

Don't mind a bit of trash talk but it's important that everyone is having fun.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Demonic likes trash talk when it's whispered in his ear. Ain't that right you wad stain. :o

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Belowme
United States of America

Post by Belowme »

phpBB [video]