tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Birds of Prey Server Live

Post by tonawandares »

All,

Just a note...
tdawg, founding member of the BOP [Birds of Prey] Helo Clan, has relaunched the server and it is now live.

If you've ever wanted to learn to fly and fight, with the Desert Combat apache or hinds, this would be a great opportunity.
The default map is always El Alamein Day 3.
This is Birds of Prey's training map. It features auto-reload and less dust offering greater visibility.
There is a whole complement of maps in rotation and they are all helo-centric.
The server is based out of Oklahoma City, OK so you should get a centralized ping.

Birds of Prey is reaching out to former members to return back to continue to enjoy this great game.
Members of Birds of Prey have historically been more than willing to take the time to teach and work with new pilots or those that just want to knock off the rough edges.

Some of EA117's population were BOP clan members at one time or another...[BOP] tonawandares, [BOP] FallinRaven, [BOP] Killingtime, [BOP] Spinner to name a few. KT and Spin go back as former members of the 21st-SS helo clan from years ago. Many of us go back to the beginning of the Day 2 Freaks server which started it all.

There is an ongoing effort to reach out to former players across the spectrum of this game and this is just another part of that effort.
I just wanted to welcome all of you to stop in occasionally and experience a different part of this game or to just sharpen some helo skills with 1v1 training.

Server IP: 68.12.170.33:14567

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Birds of Prey Server Live

Post by Trench »

Is there accessible parking on El Alamein Day 3, where I can park my helo and shoot from the ground? 😜 I'm assuming the Gaskin is unavailable...

Great to hear they're reviving both the server and all the players they can reach.

Think I got banned from there once upon a time, because there was a "must fire a warning shot" rule or something. I had just followed Rye over to the server thinking it was all just for fun. After a couple kills someone said something about firing a warning shot, which I completely took to mean "nice job" rather than "there is a rule here...." 😁
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Congrats Tona, that sounds like fun for all the BoP vets and great for the wider community. And btw, all the BoP vets are always welcome here! If more users of EA117 clamor for air maps, we would probably end up rolling more air maps ;-)
[BOP] FallinRaven
Finland

Post by [BOP] FallinRaven »

Trench,

There is plenty of parking on all other maps :)

El Alamein Day 3 is strictly for practice. We will usually be training other pilots or sharpening the skills in there. It's important for us to have that uninterrupted time to practice aim and flying without worrying about reloading, flags, or other players. So when Bocage rolls around we can have some real fun ;)

El Alamein Day 3 specific rules are:
- No swooping
- Fire warning shot and wait for return to engage.
- No interfering in someone else's 1v1

All other maps are CQ so far and the previous rules DO NOT apply. Give em hell!
[BOP] - Birds of Prey
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

A server full of old crows?!?
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

HairyRussianDude wrote: August 21st, 2022, 8:38 pm A server full of old crows?!?
Old crows and one fat Indian chick...feather not dot

~ tona
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Can’t find the server in the list..?

Is it just one you have to connect with IP in “add server”? Was going to check it out, but couldn’t see it in server list after an update.

Also who is BOP Pepaw? He/she joined my server today, just wondering if that’s a “new” DC player or just a nick for one of the regs..
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 7:42 pm Can’t find the server in the list..?

Is it just one you have to connect with IP in “add server”? Was going to check it out, but couldn’t see it in server list after an update.

Also, who is BOP Pepaw? He/she joined my server today, just wondering if that’s a “new” DC player or just a nick for one of the regs..
I've just been joining by IP but let me get the name as it should be listed. Previously we were listed as Birds of Prey but I'm not sure how [BOP] tdawg has it entered.
I don't even see the server list anymore anyway.
IP: 68.12.170.33:14567

[BOP] Pepaw is not a new player. He's been around for some time. He just reloaded the game in the past week because the BOP server re-launched.
He's a 60+ year-old grandpa from Virginia who recently moved to North Carolina. Good guy.
There haven't been but a few on yet. We've been making contacts with former helo pilots and [BOP] members letting them know the server is up.

~ tona
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

It's listed as Birds of Prey (Heli Wars)

~ tona
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

tonawandares wrote: August 24th, 2022, 7:08 pm It's listed as Birds of Prey (Heli Wars)

~ tona
Cool, I’ll check it out today!
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

whats the name of it on game tracker? and is there a way in the game to find and save these servers? it sux to have to type in the server each time under add server

spanks!
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Zan,

I'm not seeing it on gametracker for some reason. I didn't see it in the server list for a while but then suddenly saw it and saved it as a favorite.
I think I was on the server and went out and saw it in the server list and saved it as a favorite.
The Add Server should stay defaulted to the last IP you entered.

~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

No server shows up in gametracker.com "automatically". The owner has to specifically add it and claim it on gametracker.com, I think.

The Birds of Prey server isn't pointing to the http://master.bf1942.org master server, which is why it doesn't show up in the in-game browser automatically.

Note I think the 23000 query port of the server must be blocked or something, because it always shows as 9999 ping for me, as though it's unreachable. But if you go ahead and try to join, the game port is apparently reachable and you can join.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Trench wrote: September 18th, 2022, 6:47 pm No server shows up in gametracker.com "automatically". The owner has to specifically add it and claim it on gametracker.com, I think.

The Birds of Prey server isn't pointing to the http://master.bf1942.org master server, which is why it doesn't show up in the in-game browser automatically.

Note I think the 23000 query port of the server must be blocked or something, because it always shows as 9999 ping for me, as though it's unreachable. But if you go ahead and try to join, the game port is apparently reachable and you can join.
You are correct on where the server is pointed, however there is a handful of servers that don’t “have a owner” and it says “claim now” on the servers gametracker page. Now I don’t know if they have to “add it” THEN “claim it”, however I’ve seen ones that are not claimed.

Like: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 143:14567/

Or: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 139:14567/

Just thought I’d share that so the BOP doesn’t have to go above and beyond to solve the problem.

-Bangers
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Thanks, everyone.

I'll forward this info to tdawg.
He's been working on the website a bit to get it back up and running.
Apparently, the filters are clogged from all of the dust that settled after all of these years.

~ tona
[BOP] FallinRaven
Finland

Post by [BOP] FallinRaven »

Just a lil update for all interested in helo action >:)

Birds of Prey (Heli Wars) server is now on gametracker and the scoreboards are recording!

WATG WATG
[BOP] - Birds of Prey
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Thoroughly enjoying playing here :D Still no where as skilled as you and Tona in a helo ,Rave bro, but i am getting better at gunning >:D

WATG WATG

FPM
BROTHERS IN ARMS
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

is server gone? failed to connect...
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America