Steve Hacking

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
bRiNK
United States of America

Steve Hacking

Post by bRiNK »

Throwing this here for visibility and keeping the community informed.

For context, these videos were captured on Moongamers and HELLO which subsequently lead to Steve's ban from those servers. EA admins were made aware of his behavior and confirmed that they were indeed suspicious of Steve already. However, Steve still plays on EA regularly.

Hacking on one server does not mean he is doing it on EA, but I'd bet he's still dirty. Luckily there is plenty of video evidence to support these accusations. You be the judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkuXVqCR2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8i6WTsc6mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkFuN2pe-Mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4wpVEuXmWA

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xonpfx086jhoq ... 8.mp4?dl=0
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Steve Hacking

Post by Trench »

Indeed, one of several players we do keep an eye on, but definitely free to play here if they are not creating an issue here. And no, we have not banned someone on EA117 "for things they did at another server", although such information does get considered when evaluating the likelihood of suspicions.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

So players that are actively cheating are allowed to play so long as it’s “not creating an issue”?

The server rules seem pretty clear that hacking is prohibited.

EA leadership hasn’t hesitated to removed others on much less and without any sort of corroborating evidence.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Cheating here on EA117 would be creating an issue here on EA117.

If and when we begin to suspect cheating is going on here at EA117, that is when actions start here on EA117. Not "because we say they cheat on other servers." If we never suspect any issue based on their gameplay here at EA117, why would there be an issue.

Of the cases that come to mind, what others were ultimately removed for was not "for cheating", but their failure or unwillingness on other points. For the players who were actually banned or blocked "for cheating", there was evidence of their cheating.

We have certainly told others "you have burned your bridge here, if you want a different outcome, try a different approach on whatever server you play at next." A player coming to play here at EA117 has that same chance.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Got it. So his continued presence in the server is an indication that the admins here have ignored the issue since August when you were informed or that Steve has reformed into a legitimate player. I suppose another issue could be that the leadership here lacks the competence to recognize if he is cheating when observing and analyzing his behavior.
Trench wrote: October 25th, 2022, 5:47 am
Of the cases that come to mind, what others were ultimately removed for was not "for cheating", but their failure or unwillingness on other points. For the players who were actually banned or blocked "for cheating", there was evidence of their cheating.
Previous iterations of admins here have certainly banned players on baseless accusations. You are just a bit more clever in framing the narrative around these instances, but the results are the same.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Hey Brink,

I've been watching Steve since we reviewed the videos you provided.
personally, I've not yet seen anything concrete in my own observations.
This doesn't mean that he isn't, only that when I'm observing, I'm not seeing it.
Of course, I'm not on the server every night so I can only go by what I see when I am.

Take care,

~ tona
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

bRiNK wrote: October 25th, 2022, 4:05 pm Got it. So his continued presence in the server is an indication that the admins here have ignored the issue since August when you were informed or that Steve has reformed into a legitimate player. I suppose another issue could be that the leadership here lacks the competence to recognize if he is cheating when observing and analyzing his behavior.
Trench wrote: October 25th, 2022, 5:47 am
Previous iterations of admins here have certainly banned players on baseless accusations. You are just a bit more clever in framing the narrative around these instances, but the results are the same.
Ok, we'll say you're right. Every claim and accusation you have made is completely true.

So what? What exactly do you hope to accomplish here?
We will change nothing, there is nothing you can do to sway us. None of your efforts will bring a change to this situation.
At this point Brink, I no longer am irritated by you and feel sympathy towards you for your inability to let this server go. There are other servers running DC now, you no longer need EA117 to play. I hope you get help with this unhealthy obsession you have with us.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

"So what [if it's true he is cheating]?" -HRD

Like I said in the OP - I'm posting for visibility to make the community aware since you all have sat on it for months. If his cheating isn't an issue on your server then whatever. It's your sever and you can choose to apply the "rules" when they're convenient. But it sounds like cheating is allowed on EA so long as you don't run up the score and piss off the regulars.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

bRiNK wrote: October 26th, 2022, 3:53 pm "So what [if it's true he is cheating]?" -HRD

Like I said in the OP - I'm posting for visibility to make the community aware since you all have sat on it for months. If his cheating isn't an issue on your server then whatever. It's your server and you can choose to apply the "rules" when they're convenient. But it sounds like cheating is allowed on EA so long as you don't run up the score and piss off the regulars.
It is basically Trench and I as active Admins on a regular basis.
As I said before, when I am on and Steve is present, I am aware of what he is doing.
So far, I've personally not observed a scenario where I can say, "yes, he is hacking."
If I had that type of evidence, I would have brought It up with the other Admins to determine next steps.
If I could see a definite hack being used, I would immediately ban him and follow up with other Admins.
Trench would do the same.

Cheating; exploits, hacking...are all issues here and we have not only reviewed and discussed instances of it occurring but have also taken action.
So to say that anyone is sitting on this isn't a fair statement.

The issue of gameplay is a separate issue.

Thanks,
~ tona
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

We've simply circled back around to the things which were already answered.

Do we have any evidence showing that Steve -- or any other player not already banned -- is cheating on EA117? No.

Would we evaluate such evidence and ban a player shown to be cheating on EA117? Yes.

Is unclear evidence from HELLO server, or clear evidence from MoonGamers server, evidence that someone is cheating on EA117 server? No.

Feel free to continue misrepresenting it, but no one is confused or believes "it sounds like cheating is allowed on on EA117 server." You just haven't brought any evidence that someone is cheating on the EA117 server.

Take it the other way: We have evidence that Jim2102 was a cheater on EA117, and was banned. Do I think he still cheats on other servers? No, or at least I would hope not. Do I run around insisting to HELLO or MoonGamers that this "known cheater" shouldn't be allowed to play on their servers? No. Do I think Hello or MoonGamers tolerate cheating? No. Do I think HELLO or MoonGamers will act on evidence they see on their servers? Yes.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Yeah, if you think the video evidence from HELLO is "unclear" then that only validates what has already been proven in the past. You and your admins lack the game knowledge to make these conclusions.

Nobody asked for you to ban him. I simply made you all aware and now the community. Could he have turned a new leaf after nearly a decade of cheating? Sure, but not likely. Sharing information and asking for secondary input is something you and the other remaining server heads have always done. No difference here.

I suppose that EA is dead enough now that this is really a nonissue.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

bRiNK wrote: Yeah, if you think the video evidence from HELLO is "unclear" then that only validates what has already been proven in the past. You and your admins lack the game knowledge to make these conclusions.
So what is clear to me about the video from El Al that we watched where you were killed by Steve with the Hinds is this...
As I told you when we were on TS that, in the past, I've purposely placed myself in points on a map that it would be impossible for another player to know where I'm at. If you find me...well, that's suspicious for sure.

In this video, finding you behind the hangar can be explained.
It doesn't mean that he isn't hacking, but it goes to Trench's point about being "unclear."

1.) At .33 in the video, you are falling...there is a dead A-10 on the map in the air that you bailed out of.
2.) There is also a mig flying over you and peeper who was sniping.
3.) At .45 you are behind the sandbag looking forward at the runway and the mig, who just flew over you and peeper is exiting that area and you see it right in front of you in the alt view.

If I was in the mig, I would have heard your A-10, seen the dead A-10 appear and would have had two radar blips. (actually 3 blips)
The only questionable thing to me would be how quickly he found the two of you...more so peeper than you because you know it's not hard to spot someone on the ground around a sandbag.

Other possibilities would be, someone else called out enemy spotted after you bailed from the A-10 and saw you drop.
Another, was anyone in the Shilka?
But most likely, it was the mig pilot that revealed the two (three) radar blips...I would have.
These are valid scenarios that could explain what happened.

~ tona
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Screen shots of him would put this to rest....which i assume both HELLO and Moongamers have those as hard evidence ?!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Can Tona even see the screen from his walker to tell if someone is cheating?
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

BlinkofanEye wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:29 am Can Tona even see the screen from his walker to tell if someone is cheating?
I can see you just fine.

~ tona
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Tona - respectfully, you just don't understand. I kill Steve with A-10. I bail AFTER Steve spawns, so even with free cam he would not have seen that. Also, I was nearly max altitude when I bailed. Because he is on the ground and just spawned, the game does not show the empty A-10 on the map - especially because I pulled it up and to the North prior to bailing AND his orientation on the map vs the A-10 post-spawn. Steve spawns in and immediately goes to Peeper in the mountains to the West then immediately comes to me, pre-aimed, while I was behind the sandbag where I was not visible. Sure, the Mig could have F3 F2 Peeper, but certainly not me. You can write this off if it were an isolated incident , but couple that with the other clips and it is BEYOND clear. You're also jumping through hoops to explain this one scenario. Would love to see you try to do that for the others. Occam's Razor...
Demonic wrote: November 4th, 2022, 6:26 pm Screen shots of him would put this to rest....which i assume both HELLO and Moongamers have those as hard evidence ?!
Screenshots do not work anymore according to head admins at Simple and Moongamers, and they have not worked for quite a while. Unless EA is sitting on tech that the other servers do not have, this is not an option unfortunately.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Well that kind of sucks that screenshots don't do their job any more...the only other thing that comes to mind, is maybe there is the chat log on each time per video, to rule out someone else calling out locations and he was responding to it ?!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

bRiNK wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:43 pm Tona - respectfully, you just don't understand. I kill Steve with A-10. I bail AFTER Steve spawns, so even with free cam he would not have seen that. Also, I was nearly max altitude when I bailed. Because he is on the ground and just spawned, the game does not show the empty A-10 on the map - especially because I pulled it up and to the North prior to bailing AND his orientation on the map vs the A-10 post-spawn. Steve spawns in and immediately goes to Peeper in the mountains to the West then immediately comes to me, pre-aimed, while I was behind the sandbag where I was not visible. Sure, the Mig could have F3 F2 Peeper, but certainly not me. You can write this off if it were an isolated incident , but couple that with the other clips and it is BEYOND clear. You're also jumping through hoops to explain this one scenario. Would love to see you try to do that for the others. Occam's Razor...
I disagree that I'm jumping through hoops. I think I've presented a very likely scenario.
If I had been in the mig, I would have had the A-10, you and peeper on radar...a def F3 F2 (three blips?)

In any case, I do agree that the MG's video doesn't look good for Steve. Those are the most compelling and I'm glad that you shared those.
My radar is up on him and if he is caught/he's gone. It's really that simple.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

~ tona
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Demonic wrote: November 6th, 2022, 4:09 pm Well that kind of sucks that screenshots don't do their job any more...the only other thing that comes to mind, is maybe there is the chat log on each time per video, to rule out someone else calling out locations and he was responding to it ?!
I think it's a moot point with Hello and MG because he's been banned already as I understand it.

~ tona
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

I am not an expert in this stuff I am just a mediocre player and in fact, somebody could be hacking in my face and would not know; however in the Alamein clip just before Steve kills bRINK with the Hind helo I can see Steve sticking his head out to check on the chopper, I think thas where Steve saw bRINK, of course, requires a good eye but I think this is possible what happened there.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

sanchez wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:11 pm I am not an expert in this stuff I am just a mediocre player and in fact, somebody could be hacking in my face and would not know; however in the Alamein clip just before Steve kills bRINK with the Hind helo I can see Steve sticking his head out to check on the chopper, I think thas where Steve saw bRINK, of course, requires a good eye but I think this is possible what happened there.
You're screenshot is not a replica of positioning. Regardless, even if you give him a pass on this particular one and chalk it up to skill, luck, etc - the compounding of every video is more than damning.

I've intentionally left out the part where he openly admitted to hacking to HELLO admins when approached. He explained his history of hacking with the MAFIA clan and even what hacks he uses. That information could be a lie, but not sure why a player would do that while knowing he was under investigation knowing an admittance would result in a ban. I'd rather not speculate on his words, but the actual evidence than can be reviewed.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

*Referee blows whistle*

This post has officially crossed get-a-life territory
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

BlinkofanEye wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:40 pm *Referee blows whistle*

This post has officially crossed get-a-life territory
Well, it's not like there's much else going on, is it?

~ tona
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

I am not sure who the MAFIA clan are/were...are they a clan from years ago?!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Demonic wrote: November 9th, 2022, 6:45 pm I am not sure who the MAFIA clan are/were...are they a clan from years ago?!

*MAFIA* No Rules Modified

~ tona