NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Help Support Otto's Service dog

Post by Otto Kontrol »

Hi All,

I am know here as Otto Kontrol, but my real name is Jim P.

As some of you know, I am wheelchair bound and as such, I also have a service dog. This wonderful, smart and loving animal was given to me free of charge from Canine Companions. A wonderful non profit organization that supplies assistance dogs for disabled people (kids too), veterans who suffer from PTSD, hearing dogs, and facility animals who are there to assist victims (especially kids) during times of stress like rape victims, child abuse etc.

All of these dogs are supplied free of charge and the organization relies on donations as sole means of income. As such, we are in our yearly fundraising event called DogFest.

I am asking the great members of this community to help me in any way you can - believe it or not, $5.00 goes along way (of course $25 goes farther :D )

Here is a link (I hope) that will allow you to see more and of course donate.

Thank you so much for reading,

oTTo

https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/305 ... MlwiXX0ifQ
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Re: Help Support Otto's Service dog

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Hey Otto, my caregiving client actually has a dog from Canine Companions too. She told me how hardcore the training is for both dog and person. Those dogs take a lot of money to "produce!"
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

You hit it right on the nose Blink! They estimate it costs about $50,000 to house, care, feed and train the service dogs.

I spent 2 weeks getting trained.

oTTo
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I'll chip in Otto. While they don't use a dog, I have close family disabled in a wheelchair and so I know that the services helping him are invaluable.
Good luck with your fundraiser!
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

My service dog Calle wants to thank you guys for the generous support we have so far received. We just hit our goal of $500 but I really want to get to $1000.
Please feel free to share the link with your family and friends!

oTTo
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

HairyRussianDude wrote: May 21st, 2023, 8:34 pm I'll chip in Otto. While they don't use a dog, I have close family disabled in a wheelchair and so I know that the services helping him are invaluable.
Good luck with your fundraiser!
Thanks HRD - Its going great so far, especially with the generous from the donations from this community!

oTTo
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

Thank you all that donated to my service dog's "DogFest" fundraiser. We really appreciated it.
Now, I don't know if any of you live in the L.A./Orange County part of California, but we are having an in person party for DogFest in Garden Grove.

So I am inviting anyone in the area to come out and meet Calle. Plus you get to meet oTTo and punch him in the nose for all the times he sniped or shot you when you tried steel MY flag! :D

It's at the Steelcraft bar and grill in Garden Grove! And Calle has promised that anyone from EA117 who shows up will get a free drink of their choice courtesy of oTTo

Again, THANK YOU to all of you that donated. It really means a lot to us.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Otto Kontrol wrote: August 9th, 2023, 3:42 pm Plus you get to meet oTTo and punch him in the nose for all the times he sniped or shot you when you tried steel MY flag! :D
Well I wouldn't go that far but I DO hope Calle crop dusts you hard for all the RPG sniping...

Glad to hear the fundraiser went well!
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

Thank You HRD!
It's too bad but based on your locality, you probably won't be flying in for a free beer with me. :(

Now if I can get Blink to get on his solar powered flying bike, we could all have freshly harvested wild rice dishes while playing laser tag in the bar. I hear it is set up to look like NAS! :D :P :lol:

oTTo