is this a thing?

Mali Mrav
Croatia

is this a thing?

Post by Mali Mrav »

hey guys wonder if this is legit and if its work?
phpBB [video]
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: is this a thing?

Post by Trench »

I have no reason to disbelieve it. The patch bytes have only been given for Linux-based servers, from what I've seen. So still waiting on some future opportunity to test.

The question that went through my mind was: Will this break everyone who has an auto-aim? 😜 Meaning the auto-aim may have been compensating for exactly this situation already, in order to consistently score hits. So now the auto-aim will still be "auto-leading the shots", when the server no longer requires that the shots need that lead, resulting in "consistent missing" with the auto-aim?

I don't know what any kind of auto-aim would have needed to do in order to score hits, but it just seemed like a possibility that this might disrupt some of their assumptions.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: is this a thing?

Post by tonawandares »

Trench wrote: January 7th, 2024, 7:51 pm
The question that went through my mind was: Will this break everyone who has an auto-aim? 😜 Meaning the auto-aim may have been compensating for exactly this situation already, in order to consistently score hits. So now the auto-aim will still be "auto-leading the shots", when the server no longer requires that the shots need that lead, resulting in "consistent missing" with the auto-aim?

I don't know what any kind of auto-aim would have needed to do in order to score hits, but it just seemed like a possibility that this might disrupt some of their assumptions.
Let's ask Fluffy to test...ahem... :12:

~ tona