NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Large File Transfers - I need some advice

Post by Otto Kontrol »

Hey all,

I need to transfer a roughly 1 gig file to a friend. Since my and most email services don't allow for that, is there some sort of vehicle for making large transfers? Maybe some where I can upload and ONLY my buddy can download from. It's already a zip file so I can't make it smaller and send it in chunks.

Thanks in advance,

oTTo
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Large File Transfers - I need some advice

Post by Trench »

I haven't done that frequently enough to have much personal preference. What I can say is that an audio engineer friend of ours has been sending large files to us via https://wetransfer.com/. In addition to the "create a free account" and "create a pro account" there is also a "I just want to send a file, man" option to use the free tier of service.

So if I had to send one right now, that's probably the one I personally would be using, just because I've seen it work pretty hassle-free from the recipient's end. I presume we're not talking about anything that needs more than a "pretty good" expectation of privacy, since you mentioned email being a viable option if not for the size restriction.
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Large File Transfers - I need some advice

Post by Otto Kontrol »

Thank You Trench!

Yeah, it's nothing sensitive so using something like wettransfer is what I am looking for!

oTTo