Unjust/Unqualified kicking/banning

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
beelzebub

Unjust/Unqualified kicking/banning

Post by beelzebub »

I was playing on the EA117 server today, like I usually do, and unfortunately, there were only about twelve of us on. Not ten minutes into playing, there is someone complaining about emptying a whole clip into someone and not killing them. This repeats and repeats. I say something to the like of "You should do more killing instead of chatting." That person, Flat Shoe Lance, then goes on about asking if I want to start something. I don't respond to him and just keep playing. A minute or so later, he ends up at the flag I am defending and is practically standing still at the end of a street. I see his text popping up again and I kill him with my car15. Then I write, "keep chatting." He ends up kicking/banning me for a minute because you "don't mess with an admin." It really should be "don't mess with an admin with an itchy ban finger." I had no idea he was even an admin, but that doesn't change the fact that I never said anything even mean to the guy.

After I logged back in after my ban was over, I asked him why I was kicked/banned for killing him while he was typing. He went on about some stuff and then I told him I will take my screenies and let the people who run the server know about this. I am sure that any look at the server chat logs will show what I saying in case there are any doubts.

I'm an old school DC player, I've been playing since it was released and all we had was an A10 and M16's. I have been an active community member, and even participated in the beta testing and coding of DCON for bf2. In my clan, Crack Clan, I was an admin and we had to rotate other server admins all the time due to abuse of power and we appreciated feedback like this. It was hard to keep our server full back then, and it is even harder when you have guys who abuse their kick and ban power. Now, when DC has so little people playing it, it is even harder to keep a full server. The last thing I want to see is my favorite server(due to map rotations and conquest), be ruined over time.

I have not seen any abuse like this before on the server, and I know that this stuff just happens due to human nature.

Chris/aka Beelzebub
beelzebub

Re: Unjust/Unqualified kicking/banning

Post by beelzebub »

I went back in after posting, and said nothing. A few minutes in, he makes some comments to show his maturity level.

Flat Shoe Lance: hey beelzebub do you feel better now?
Flat Shoe Lance: did you take your Meds?

RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Chris,
I kicked you for your remark, which was out of line. If you dont like what I said , post it on the General Discussions area. You weren't banned, just kicked, get over it. This server is about the community of players. If I talk about why I can't shoot straight, it gives you no reason to tell me to be quiet. We have had a rash of disruptive players lately and I have no patience for diatribe like yours. It seems you like to bully people yourself with comments about my "maturity level". I'm sure you'll agree you have bad days too. Keep that in mind when you come to a server and start telling people what to do. When you point the finger, it usually comes back to oneself. "Lighten up Francis"

Rick Petko AKA The Abusive Admin
beelzebub

Post by beelzebub »

I can't imagine how much stress, hate and frustration you have from playing online video games if me telling you to kill more and talk less does all this to you. If you had a bad day, I hope tomorrow is better for you. If you have a bad day, you should be playing video games to let your stress out on other players by means of virtual armaments that which are available to your virtual solider. Taking it out on me through kicking isn't right and it doesn't give you any stress relief.

I did in fact get over it, I just respect the community and I know that I would want people to report to my clan if we had an admin whom they felt was abusing their server admin privileges. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Another twisted use of biblical scripture.....oh let me get back to the point that you are obviously missing. You were kicked for making diparaging comments to a player. Learn to hold your tongue and think before you spew. When I'm on as Admin I run the server that's it , I'm in charge, can you understand that ? If you have a problem with that go elsewhere. This is the last warning for you. BTW that verse you quoted is meant to be used for kindness, which by the comment you made to me, goes in direct contradiction to its meaning. Again you may spew further 0n the General Discussion board this is for banned individuals, a group you may be part of soon. You should have paid closer attention when you were in Sunday school.
RP
Kensei

Post by Kensei »

I paid close attention in sunday school.

13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.
~ 1 Corinthians 8:13

Although, Paul references meat in particularly, it really goes hand in hand with anything you do, and he shows that more with the next reference:

22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
~1 Corinthians 9:22-27

Not only does he show that he does everything he can do in his power for the sake of the gospel, he also shows that being a Christian is no easy task, he trains daily to be upirght; using an athlete as an example to show what he goes through to accomplish his task.

I think the Golden rule can be applied to any situation. I think we could all learn something from Paul in these letters.

Wouldn't you both agree?
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

seriously dude !! ummm...why would you use a name like beelzebub and then quote from the bible? and why change your name to Kensei and continue trying to preach ?!

and why did you only show a part of the conversation betwen you and Rick ?! something tells me there is more to it and you dont want to let anyone else see it......
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Demonic, I think there are three people in the thread above you.

Other Guys,

I don't know precisely what happened, I wasn't there. Rick evidently felt put upon and acted. It sounds like he didn't ban you for a week or grossly try to horsewhip anyone. That is not to say he wasn't angry when he did it.

beelzebub, I appreciate you mentioning your sympathy for what we deal with daily. I *suspect* you might have appeared to be the 25th in a long line of jackasses that he crossed paths with. I also appreciate you bringing your concerns to a public forum. We admins should be held to a high standard of behavior.

I know Rick, and beelzebub sounds like a reasonable guy. I'm not sure anyone needs to make this a bigger deal than it was; it sounds like it may have been a misunderstanding from the get-go. I don't know. I'd just hate to see either or both of you carry an unnecessary grudge about it.

As for Jesus the marathon runner guy? I don't know you but if that's how you normally converse I'd guess a lot of your conversations are preeeeeeeeetty awkward. All due respect.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

I think Kensie's post was eloquent
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

ma bad...when i see quotes left n right, i just assumed it was comin from the same guy : /
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Well stated Kensei...thanks for your post.
RP
Kensei

Post by Kensei »

Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm not Beelzebub, but I am his friend. I use the name Kensei because it means sword saint (You can see how I use that term by reading Ephesians 6:17). I used to go round and round with people on forums in endless debate, all the while being cynical and facetious, where does being that way get you though? The word says that God blesses the peacemakers and I want to be blessed so I thnk a squelched argument is the best argumet. I've been witnessing to Beez over the last year or so, he started using that name before he believed in a God. I saw the irony in Beelzebub posting a bible quote also, lol.
I quoted the word, because it's aready put so wonderfully and with so much deep insight. There appeared to be wrongs on both sides, nothing more than minor though. It looked like some flesh rose at haughty comments; then feelings got hurt and some jabs with name calling. All minor stuff on the great scheme of things. My flesh rises at times to, no big deals IMO. I'm thankful that you guys host a server and take the time to admin it, as I'm sure Beez is.

You all have a good night, it was nice meetng you all (Forum style that is).
Baron

Post by Baron »

Hi Ricky lol

Beelzebub, your better off not responding to Rick's bait at all, but then you risk getting kicked for ignoring admin requests. Its a chance you gotta take sometimes. GL and hopefully Rick will leave you alone, just try and not kill him too often.

BF2 anyone? 10 days or so till BC2 beta
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Baron,
This posting area is for ban and unban request's. Surley even you understand that. Don't post here unless it involves you. I am impressed however that I have made such a deep impact on you. Post here again and I'll remove your forum privilages.
RP
Baron

Post by Baron »

PRICK PETKO PLEASE DONT REMOVE MY FORUM PRIVS, ILL DO ANYTHING MAN, ANYTHING BRO!!!#@#@

lulz, ttyl

Baron, you have problems. I have a suggestion for you;

Get some help. Quit crying. Move on in life son!