this is retarded

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
rodent

this is retarded

Post by rodent »

chewbonga is base raping us on guadalcanal. I asked him twice to stop he says "bring it princess" the 3rd time he crashes in our main so i take the frogfoot to camp his base as there seems to be noone who cares and now I get kicked when trying to join.

why are you guys so quick to boot and not just ask?
rodent

Re: this is retarded

Post by rodent »

I guess 2 wrongs to make a right but I'm not going to get tooled like a smacktard while some assclown repeatedly try to rape me. If the admins would just ask before kicking then at least a guy could reply to explain but i guess its ban now ask questions later.

the next question is how do I deal with people who break the rules? do i repeatedly ask the admin to and the player to stop? until something is done? or is that disruptive?

btw there are some admins that do give warnings and I think all admins should at the minimum give a warning before a ban.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I was the guy you dropped the bomb on. You know better.

If I had seen the other cat doing it, I'd have kicked both of you.

Since I didn't hear you say anything (I was stealth, but Carni was not), I didn't have the opportunity to do anything about it.

Normally, I would just kick - since you're a regular, you get a vacation.

This is not the Wild West, and baseraping the other team isn't justified.
rodent

Post by rodent »

fine so the next time I'm getting raped and no admins do anything about it I will just leave the server and leave it as poor administration IMO.

I honestly don't think its that hard to ask "wtf is goin on?" before kicking especially because I'm a regular player who has been on this server for several years.

I never break the rules just to be an a$$.

EX: I was once kicked for moving a vehicle which some smacktard left on the runway as one of the admins thought i had drove it there (as he spawned he saw me get out of the vehicle).

all he had to do was say " wtf rodent?" are longtime players not worth the consideration?
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Longtime players know the rules.
Good longtime players abide by them.

Some longtime players like to play differently when the admins are on and when they're not.

When someone breaks the rules in front of me, I don't need to ask "what's going on?" - I can see it with my own eyes.

BTW, was I the one raping you? Because you killed me on the runway as I was standing there, right after spawning.
Did you ask for admin assistance or did you decide to go vigilante instead? We can only help out if we KNOW there is an issue. Did we get that opportunity?

As I said before, if I see him do it, he'll be gone too. I didn't see it, and didn't know about it to look for it.

Perhaps instead of trying to point out what other people were doing you could take responsibility for your own actions. Merely a suggestion.
rodent

Post by rodent »

as i said before if you look in the game log you will see me complaining about base raping prior to the kick. no admins eyes were seeing it with there own eyes I guess? is there another way to alert admins? vote kick or something? i dunno?

I don't know what it takes to get up and smell the coffee, but when a long time player is hitting your base do you think he may be trying to get your attention? or at the minimum trying even the field as there is no administrating going on?

I guess its better to assume the long time player became an ass one day and kick him.

Its not my place to tell you guys how to admin the server that's totally your thing Im just suggesting a little consideration.

What choice is there when there is no admin and your being base raped?

1 get raped and lose
2 leave the server
3 fight back vigilante

Thats all the actions i can be responsible for. Not much in the way of options

anyway I will play on my other cd for now and if we are being base raped and nobody sees my complaints ill just leave. prolly a shortage of players anyway with the internet tab screen freeze bug.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

The consideration you get is my being polite to you despite the fact that you come in here whining about getting caught breaking the rules. I didn't see your comments in-game, and from what you said they weren't for me anyway, you were talking to him. If I missed something I should have seen, then you have my apologies. What I can tell you is when I see something going on, it gets handled.

I'm trying to get a little playing time in, for the short time I have available. Someone (I don't give a shit WHO) drops a bomb on me on my own runway, then I see it's a regular who doesn't know I'm an admin, and you expect me to ask you WHY you did it?

Your choices are even simpler than what you sated:
1. Break the rules
2. Don't break the rules

The fact that we're both here is an indication of your choice. The sad fact is you got caught, and he didn't. As I have said multiple times, if he had gotten caught as well, he'd be here too.

You haven't even apologized for it. Then you come in here, whining about him and the closest you come to acknowledging your part is "I know two wrongs don't make a right but ..."
You want to act like I did something wrong?

Perhaps we should find out how you define "A$$."

We all have choices available to us, and if finding a group of mmore like-minded people to play with is yours, go to it.
rodent

Post by rodent »

I'm sure you didn't see my comments in game. otherwise you would have done something there was no admin paying attention thats fine i don't read the txt half the time either

whatever

- lack of administration
- if he had got caught I wouldn't be here in the first place not "too"

I'm not here to whine just to simply suggest more consideration to long time players if your not up to it then that's fine some admins are and some aren't.

Done with this
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

i took the liberty of bringing this matter to the ATF folk, seeing how it involved one of their members....the senior admin of their clan have addressed the issue with the particular player.
i have played on their server a number of times, have made good friends with many of their players and i can honestly say that this was an unfortunate happening, as i have always found their members to be very respectful and play by the rules.
on the rare occasions any member has slipped up on this server and broken a rule, its is by an honest mistake, they appologize for it and you dont see them doing it again.

i have encouraged their members to drop by here, just to be sure they know what the rules are for this server (incase there are any differences with their own)