anyone else got abnormally high ping?

Need help?
slayer

anyone else got abnormally high ping?

Post by slayer »

My ping seems to have jumped up by 110 over night leaving me unable to use your server, is there anything on your end that may have caused this or has my ISP frakked up yet again?
Grizzly
United States of America

Re: anyone else got abnormally high ping?

Post by Grizzly »

Mine does it from time to time as well, I was running 35-40ms ping now it seems to run 50-75ms, I think it has to do with traffic and how many hops it takes to get to the server from your ISP...the techies like spec and swanny know about all this voodoo, just letting you know I feel your pain!
HI! I love you!
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

Ahh yes that ping problem, unfortunately i suffer it constantly an have try'd numerous ways of solvin it. An to clarify, i have not found anything that can help, it's becum try an see, get kick'd for ping try again ...same, an sumtimes can try again an all good ... umm. The weird an wounderfull techno highway.
Good luk m8 an hope you get a solution, mine is location so not alot can do, persistance is my solution ... lol
slayer

Post by slayer »

It seems to have sorted itself out again now. My ping has settled at around 240, about 10% higher than it should be, but at least I can get back on the server.