Banned ?

Appeal here
Forum rules
UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADMIN OR DIRECTLY INVOLVED, PLEASE DON'T POST HERE

Please include all of this information when submitting unban request.

1. In-game alias:
2. DC/BF4:
3. Public key hash(If BF4, leave blank):
4. Date of the ban:
5. Who banned you:
6. What were you banned for:
7. Comments:

To get your keyhash, download this program DC ONLY*
SparX

Banned ?

Post by SparX »

1. -=SparX=-
2. c137580258fcd2486417c419bdd429b8
3. Idk
4. Idk
5. Idk
6. Not sure if i am actually banned. Can play on other servers still but get disconnected as soon as i try load a map on EA 117...

Thanks for looking.
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Re: Banned ?

Post by Southern Cross »

You got banned on Dec5 because of disruptive game play.

Please wait while we will review.
SparX

Post by SparX »

Ok, thanks for checking. Is that a perm ban ?
Tbh, i havn't played in over 4 weeks but i think i know who was.
Was this ban for a different alias using same key hash (Rambo ?) ?
Can you post some details of the disruption please Southern.

Thanks for your time.
SparX

Post by SparX »

Hmm, as i still have not played for quite some weeks and i usually only play on weekends i need to ask are you sure it was me, Whirly ?.
I only play with the alias -=SparX=- and keyhash: c137580258fcd2486417c419bdd429b8 but i suspect another person i know may be using the same key and this is why i asked if my alias was being used or indeed same keyhash with different alias...
In any case i would not deliberately tk or disrupt play and i always apologise for accidental tk. I am a sniper or engineer only and have enjoyed playing on ea117 with all the regulars (and some of the muppets :-).

Cheers.

Edit, I use a dyndns account for remote access etc, would knowing my ip help resolve this ?
if so could i pm the url to an admin. for the time being i will not be playing at all until i find out what is happening.
Maybe time to buy a new key but i hope not.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Someone was in playing disruptively with that key as rambo on December 4th and warranted a permanent ban. That was not too long ago.

If that wasn't you then someone else was using your key and your name and playing like they were drunk.

I removed the ban this time as a one-time courtesy. If you get yourself banned again we will not remove it.

I do know there has been someone in the server that plays as RAMBO (or some variation in all caps) in the last few days that is about to get banned every time I see him.
SparX

Post by SparX »

Cheers Swanny, I'll be straight here and admit i share my key with a good mate because i don't play so much and he (Rambo) really enjoys bf1942 and ea117 is probably the last decent public server left...
Anyway, i appreciate the courtesy as does Rambo and from today onwards the key is his as i have bought myself a new key :-) . Looking forward to a session this weekend before we all go on holiday too.

Edit: Just spoke to Phil (Rambo) on the phone, we both work 10+ hour days and aren't shy of a beer or few...
Neither of us play a tards game so we are both scratching our heads a bit on the perm ban but will be more careful of the people who use our pc's.

Cheers.