I done been wronged!

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Ramadi-Joe

I done been wronged!

Post by Ramadi-Joe »

Now I knows I'm new here and all, but there just be some things a man cant stand for.

You see, today I was playin' in ol' EA 117, and I was mindin' my own business right?

I'm riding my Bradley up in the hills of El Alamein, and I see an RPG come flying at me from the red base over yonder.
Now, the RPG missed, but that aint' the point..

The point was, someone tried to kill me, and I was durned bound to return the favor.

So I fire a wide little spray of virtual 25mm in the general vincinity of the fella that popped off his rocket at me.

Then comes along Mr. OffTheHook.

Apparantly, I miffed him a bit with my 25mm slingin', so he gave me one of those nifty little warnings over the chat thing there.

I said "Sorry about that" like the true southern gentleman I am, but he had to go on this authoritarian tyrannical speil with attitude torwards me like I done kicked his Momma in the stomach.

So I says, and I do quote: "I wont do it no more, I'd hate to make you get all sad and cry and stuff"
Actually, that there may not be an exact quote, because I dont too rightly remember the exact wordin' because I was more intent at the time on going on and playing my game.

Well, what did ol' OffTheHook do?
He kicked me!

Now, in order to take this into proper context, you gotta learn a bit about ol' Uncle Joe here..

I'm a slighty redneckish southern boy, I done been to war with the Army of the U.S. of A, I killed me a few folks, I been around the world, I've bedded up with plenty of foreign girls in plenty of cities around this world.

I tend to be pretty proud of myself, I aint' never done nothin' too wrong and I've worked hard for my place in life.

So when a fellow comes around and kicks me out of a video game because I slung little pretend 25mm shells at him and then didnt lay down when he got a little mouthy at me..

..well..My honor and dignity dictates to me that I better not take it lying down!

So, in the spirit of goodwill and peace, I re-enter our beloved server, and I says to him
"What'ya kick me for? I stopped slingin' my 25mm your way!"

And he says to me

"Shut your mouth or you'll be gone for good!"

So I says "What I do?"

And he says "You disrespected me!"

So I says "I most certainly did not! And what makes that a crime if I did?"

And he says "I'm an admin!"

So I says "Well, the little grey thing on the screen only says there is one rule and that be not to attack the main base where you cant capture it, it dont say nothin' about no admin"

And he says "I'm gonna ban you if you keep talkin!"

Well, that just about did it, Uncle Joe was steamed by this point.

I just couldnt understand how I could be downtrodden, but when I trod a bit back I get all threatened with EA117 death and all.
You boys could at least put a lil' "Admin" by your name so we know who exactly we CAN disrespect or not..

Half the server became raddyankers and were like "Kick him! Ban him!" because they just wanted to see ill happen to another, something I never really understood.

The other half was all like "Calm down Joe, let it go!" and was all trying to make peace and whatnot.

So, instead of putting myself at the mercy of some guy that woke up on the wrong side of his men-un-stration cycle, I figured I'd put my brand new shiny forum membership to use and come do my griping in here.

I dont reckon' it'll do no good..yall dont know me from Jack nor Jill, and this fellah obviously fell into someone's favor in order to become an Admin.

But I play in 117 plenty, and I dont ever cause no harm, I just ride about and shoot things with my machine gun and an occasional trip in a Bradley or BMP to sling some virtual 25mm at fellahs.

I aint never brought no harm to nobodies game playin'

So, I'll let it go now, I just wanted to gripe a bit, since gripin' in here aint' as bannable as griping in there I guess.

Adios.
I've had the worst day since yesterday..
Mordor
Canada

Re: I done been wronged!

Post by Mordor »

Dont be discouraged bro, there are always good and bad admins on every server, guess which one u got !!
Da Nu Wa Gi Li

Post by Da Nu Wa Gi Li »

Oh See Yoh,

Keep this in mind friend, eveyone has an off day every now and then, even an admin. Remember my friend, it's all for fun.

Peace!

Da Nu Wa Gi Li
Live within the laws of mother earth......
Return to the ancient ways......
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

im on dudes side, i went 2 carrier on sea rigs 2 steal the helos n customer service came at me 2 kill me, and i shot him. but i didnt get a warning, i got kicked. its real bs this crap happend. i do it all the time with spec and all the other admins. n they dont say a word. hell most of the time im with spec tryin 2 steal them. i think the guy needs 2 pull off the lil admin CONTROL FREAk train and take it easy and see how other admins rule it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

OK fellas, I'm going to request that this stop here. I wasn't there for any of these incidents, and I agree with the first part of what Da Nu said above. Everyone has off days, and we all know things get perceived differently online than they do in person. Even the gap between game chat and TS is huge. That's not to excuse anyone's behavior on either side, simply to say that these things can be worked out without grabbing a thread to bash someone personally. We can all be cool here.

@ Dangle - Do the blue helos on the carrier spawn more than one instance, IOW, if you steal their helo does it strand them on the boat, without the ability to get a foothold and grab flags? I don't really know without looking, but I might take issue with that myself. Of course, I might just build a big ass anti-red bubble around the thing to make sure I didn't have to watch too carefully...

Ramadi, welcome to the community. I guarantee that on at least one occassion you'll see me make an ass of myself but we're glad to have you, all the same.
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

well like i try goin for the spawn helo, it makes it harder for blue 2 get flags but doesnt stop them. and when im on ship there was atleast 1 helo on ship and 1 fly around. like i said i do this with spec so far as he tells me its legal. im not tryin 2 say nething bad about him but i should have atleast got a warning not a striaght up kick.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

having been admin myself in the past (different server of course) i know it can get very frustrating when you try and keep people focused on what they are there for....to play and have fun. im not trying to defend anyone here, just stating a fact.

perhaps this issue has brought to light some unforseen things that might have been grey areas before, such as the ruling on helo swiping etc...lol, coz everyone will have a different view point on whether its fair play ( yes i said fair play, not foreplay, so dont get excited AIDS...lol jk bro ) but these things are how problems get solved and it makes for better gamage when all admins and people playing, are on the same page.

just my thoughts....