Issues???

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

fireWIRE

Issues???

Post by fireWIRE »

Desert Storm map.

Blue somehow steals our MIG. How did that happen? Not sure, maybe someone landed and was killed while wrenching or maybe pilot bailed and Mig landed safely? However they got it the guy kept it most of the game [Esko(FIN) was the guy] and kudos to him for keeping it that long. Well since we can't kill on non-caps we were screwed out of our fighter for 75% of the game.

He could land it safely on their base with no threat of getting killed.

I was wondering if the admins would have gotten pissed if the SU bombed the blue runway?
fireWIRE
MOJORyder
United States of America

Re: Issues???

Post by MOJORyder »

I think the rule on hitting an uncap kinda goes out the window for planes that have returned (correct me if I'm wrong, please)... you can chase and kill any aircraft returning to their main OR even after they've landed to repair or to "hide"
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Babies_Happen
United States of America

Post by Babies_Happen »

It's legal and easy to steal planes. It's ok to kill a plane that you follow into the main but if it's sitting on the runway when you fly by you cant just kill it. If youre in your main wrenching a plane youre not fair game for enemy planes. Esko is a good pilot, if he gets shot down more than twice a game im pretty shocked.
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

I've personally never understood the uncap is off-limits rule. The entire point of BF/DC is to get your opponent's ticket count to zero. So if you want to base rape you should. It's not hard to overcome a few base rapers and if they are on your base raping they are not holding or capping flags.

Now the SCUD on 73 Easting could wreak havoc on blue. But other than that base raping doesn't bother me on either side (giver or taker). It's not that different than a map like Buldge where you can pretty much sit there and rape the last flag anyway. ;-)

And I think limping back to base where you can repair your jet without worrying about the enemy is lame. Not that I wouldn't or don't do it since I can.
fireWIRE
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

fireWIRE wrote:So if you want to base rape you should...
...Go play on another server.

The whole point of BF is to have an enjoyable game with a community of people that enjoy some friendly competition. This is a public server, not a clan server or a ladder server or anything else. Getting jammed up in your base with no hope of getting through the lines to actually cap a flag sucks.

As far as I'm concerned, once a plane has lifted off the runway and clears the "main" then it's fair game. If it flies back in it's still a viable target. I would encourage player to be extremely positive of what they're shooting - if someone tries to cop out with "Oh, I thought they had taken off before," especially more than once, I'd have to assume they know better or are using it as an excuse to try and exploit a loophole.
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

Swanny-CG wrote:
fireWIRE wrote:So if you want to base rape you should...
...Go play on another server.

The whole point of BF is to have an enjoyable game with a community of people that enjoy some friendly competition. This is a public server, not a clan server or a ladder server or anything else. Getting jammed up in your base with no hope of getting through the lines to actually cap a flag sucks.

As far as I'm concerned, once a plane has lifted off the runway and clears the "main" then it's fair game. If it flies back in it's still a viable target. I would encourage player to be extremely positive of what they're shooting - if someone tries to cop out with "Oh, I thought they had taken off before," especially more than once, I'd have to assume they know better or are using it as an excuse to try and exploit a loophole.
Calm down.... I do play on other servers where anything goes. I didn't ask you to change the server. Just stating my opinion.

I don't mind getting raped...it's a challenge to get out of a pinned down situation. As long as you have team balance a base-rape won't last very long. Someone has to defend flags or they risk losing them. It all works out in the end unless there is team stacking which is hard to do considering there's auto-team balance on most servers.

When you have no safe place to hide during a game the pace is much quicker and much more fun IMHO.

And I doubt we have to worry about a clan ganging up on noobs now-a-days.
fireWIRE
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I wasn't fired up at all. I say get in where you fit in. As long as you follow our rules when you're in our house then we have no issues.

Team stacking happens all the time, and if it's uneven enough the natural balance stays stacked talent-wise, it just keeps the numbers even.
Esko

Post by Esko »

The MIG was near south flag, i guess someone bailed on it. So, there is a plane and i like to fly...
And I would have kept it through the battle except for frantic Iraki AA-gunning and SU on my tail.

Must say I dont often steal enemy planes(less planes to shoot at).
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

Esko wrote:The MIG was near south flag, i guess someone bailed on it. So, there is a plane and i like to fly...
And I would have kept it through the battle except for frantic Iraki AA-gunning and SU on my tail.

Must say I dont often steal enemy planes(less planes to shoot at).
You kept it long enough. ROFL
fireWIRE