No votes

Total votes: 3

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Server Map Rotation

Post by Trench »

fromage wrote:This new map rotation is horrid with easting, kursk, stalingrad. Just sayin'.
Aside from Stalingrad, that's not my favorite block within the lineup either. But at least they're all together now. Just wait until Gazala and friends come around and its playable for many back-to-back maps, without any &!^$#* Kharkov, Guadal or Bunkers coming up between the good maps that keep the server filled.

Maybe its just my imagination, but I think the new lineup has been keeping more people on the server longer these past few days.

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

fromage wrote:
Nightstalker wrote: ( let us know if there is something that you (anyone) would like to see removed or added. We can always play the maps removed per request.
Please remove
kharkov
battle_of_the_bulge
Done
fromage wrote:This new map rotation is horrid with easting, kursk, stalingrad. Just sayin'.

I figured out what CP means. Complaining Pansies

LOL, OK .. Stalingrad is awesome, yall just starting sucking hind tit when it comes on. Quit blaming the map. It is your denial that is holding you back and preventing you from enjoying your time. There is help for that.

Guys, let me do a little "just sayin" ... NO map rotation is gonna make EVERYONE happy. If you do not like a map, someone else LOVES it. I know there was a lot of thought that goes into setting a rotation. We do not just start throwing darts at maps and say there ya go. With the population being a little less that it used to be (This weekend sure was nice though, we had a good big group again) we have to pick some of the smaller maps to make the gameplay fun. And of the bigger maps that were chosen they play well with smaller numbers. Like Dustbowl for example. I think it will play out well with the current rotation and I am glad to see you noticed that too Trench. Was pretty busy all weekend even with Stalingrad :D /just sayin

I would still like it if everyone gave their 5 favorite maps. We can try to make sure those maps, if there is common ground, stay in the rotation all the while remembering time and population of the server ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

Please...please...no kursk, easting. Is bad m'kay?

Oh!! Also, can we up the limit on al nas to like, 10 caps? 5 goes by too easy.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i know its hard to make everyone happy, as we all have our fav maps.......i dont mind what maps are played honestly.......did some maps get taken out because they were 'over modded', such as Wake ?! Tabruk (did i spell it right?! lol ) was an okay map to me...El Al was cool to....i didnt mind coastal , coz it was different.

how bout adding a couple more CTF maps into the mix...like LV and maybe remove the CQ version....... how bout making 1 or 2 maps a TDM for the hell of it....just ideas.

i guess the fact we have seen the same maps for 10+ years, things are bound to get stale........im just happy to see this server still kicking :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Can you guys that do not want Kursk or Eastings please explain why. IMO they do well with small and large numbers. If you do not like tanks I can see why you do not like Eastings but again, some do, so keeping their opinion on the same level as everyone else. A tank map or two is in the rotation ;)

As for the CTF 5 flag limit. I have been on when it does go by real fast like you said Cow, but I am sure you will agree that the reasoning is not necessarily because the cap limit is set to 5. It is because one team is just flat out getting their tail whooped. Normally the side I am on :roll: So lets say it takes 10 minutes to cap the flag 5 times, the only thing we are going to do by upping the limit 10 is prolong my beating. (I know sounds fun for yall LOLOL) In all sincerity I do not have an issue with increasing the cap limit. 5 was selected because when it was at 10 it took the whole hour and people were getting pissed. If I had a way I would say unlimited caps but limit to 30 minute play time. I do not think you can do that for just one map in the rotation though. I am pretty sure it would effect all maps.

Dem, I think it was more size of the map in conjunction with the amount of people playing more than anything. As you can read, there was a ton of talk about server population. You said it yourself, it's a 10 year old game. We have lost players for all sorts of reasons. Anything from boredom, to new games, even me, and I know some have left due to Sarge :D I think BF3 was the biggest hit. Anyways that is why most of the bigger maps, unless they play well with smaller numbers were taken out.

I love the CTF for a few reasons. First and foremost it requires teamwork. Along with that it suits everyone's style of gameplay. The guys that like to sit back and wait with their weapon of choice can guard the flag. Then you have your assault team (the guys that like to run and gun). And then of course there is always a Rambo or two, that do whatever it is they do.

TDM is .. well .. next time I am on and have enough to have a decent match we can run Omaha TDM :D
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

Nightstalker wrote:
If I had a way I would say unlimited caps but limit to 30 minute play time. I do not think you can do that for just one map in the rotation though. I am pretty sure it would effect all maps.
TDM is .. well .. next time I am on and have enough to have a decent match we can run Omaha TDM :D

HELLSS YES!!! :D :D :D

I suppose I hate Kursk because once you're pinned, you're pinned. Each main is at a bottom of a hill where there's no cover. The map is too small to really get around. Maybe if it was a Humvee's only it'd be different?

Easting, I find it frustrating. Hard to explain, but it grinds my gears. :31:
Tuck

Post by Tuck »

add carbombs to all map please :)
Ya..I'm an old fart
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

A FLYING COW wrote:
I suppose I hate Kursk because once you're pinned, you're pinned. Each main is at a bottom of a hill where there's no cover. The map is too small to really get around. Maybe if it was a Humvee's only it'd be different?

Ok, I hear you on Kursk. We can switch it to DC instead of DCF, which has only cars, trucks and helos. I was wondering about that one when I put it in. I'll switch it up when the server is empty and see how it plays out.

As for Easting, lol, some luv it. Some get their gears ground :P
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

:38: Colonel :38: Image
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Tuck wrote:add carbombs to all map please :)
You can't drive anyway, what the hell?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Tried DC version on server last night, Kursk had to go. Just too small of a map. Fun for a bit, but gets boring in a hurry. Put Al El back in rotation as it still seems to be the most popular map.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

El Alamein rules. Especially when Nighty fies the Herc and I keep the ramp closed.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Yes!!!!!!! ... I was a one man band the other day in it. Had to fly AND shoot all by myself all because your mancave was not ready.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

First off Buldge is a great map......sux that its out.....if kursk had the apaches back that would be a great map too. No bubbles and main attacking for that map would be hectic.....and much fun.....

Any map that you can "end" is a great map......as in bridge.....inshalla.....etc.

Some maps....could be better with some clock or tickets evaluation.....some maps if the server is full/half full and everyone plays "flag tag"....you know the map will only end when time runs out.....IMHO that means a boring map.

even when there are just a few in a map......theres always someone panty that wants to run around and just cap flags......which isnt really playing the game. If you do that, its a 1 hour endless circle of "flag tag".

Stalingrad "the glitch" map is great too......but without the humvees (or something) its vanilla at best.

Lost village......same thing......where are the dune buggies?

Its the peeps that think only one dimensional that get pissy. Funnier than hell to take that buggy and run down people......another element....

Any dipshit can run around and shoot you in the back all day......Sometimes you need to spice it up and "role play".

Oh wait, Im still in the battlefield forum..........lmao.

BRING BACK BULDGE!........for those that dont like it.....work hard/smart and end it..... :D :D
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

A FLYING COW wrote:
Nightstalker wrote:
If I had a way I would say unlimited caps but limit to 30 minute play time. I do not think you can do that for just one map in the rotation though. I am pretty sure it would effect all maps.

HELLSS YES!!! :D :D :D

Thats why you need the apaches not just one.....and more humvees to be able to get out and have the firepower to get tanks......bb gun helos are useless on all maps...maybe plane maps, but only that red bb gun helo is good......and then someone made it over heat before you can kill...thats why they no good.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Eastings needs a strong command structure to attack and hold positions. Everyone plays for themselves. Could be fun if two MBT's and one Abrams supported each other with mechs on board. With arty supported as well with a MBT willing to stay stationary for defense only.

With Great Speed
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

"everyone plays with themselves"........isnt that a given?.......lmmmfao :o
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Oh Lord, this is gonna hurt.

Sigh ................. I agree with Sarge :15: :19: :20: .... :33: ... yep that hurt. But he is correct. Too many "Rambo's" hurt some of these maps.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

I love John Rambo........
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Nightstalker wrote:Oh Lord, this is gonna hurt.

Sigh ................. I agree with Sarge :15: :19: :20: .... :33: ... yep that hurt. But he is correct. Too many "Rambo's" hurt some of these maps.
That made my day. :P

Army Rules....Go Strong or Go Home

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nighty - thanks for the changes.

Also, thanks for signing up. Your CP business cards have been printed. Your membership care package is on its way. This includes:
- two horse sized rubber duckies
- one pair of ear muffs with dual beer holders
- your very own Michael Jackson bedazzled single glove (Trench loves his, but ordered the jewels on the palm side...)
- your custom ordered Bette Midler merman costume with custom nametag. "My name is: Nightsticker<CP>"
- two urinal cakes with chocolate-mint frosting

Lastly, I think a good test of the Al Nas flag would be to increase it to 7. That gives you more time to get your merman costume on and battle it out with Sarge. :D

Lastly, Lastly, I like Tuck's suggestion for splodin' fartmobiles. He's a self refueling gas station.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

first off, you guys have done a great done job in mixing it up with the maps.....its never possible to please everyone, but to me the current rotation provides most everyone with a good mixture..........BUT....CTF guadal canal seems to kill the server...when that map comes up, alot of people leave :( could we swap it around with Bas nights, and make Bas nights CTF, and canal as CQ ?!

just a thought ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL, I kid you not Dem, we were just talking about that and I said the EXACT same thing ;)
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

fromage wrote:Nighty - thanks for the changes.

Also, thanks for signing up. Your CP business cards have been printed. Your membership care package is on its way. This includes:
- two horse sized rubber dickies
What??!!
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Demonic wrote:first off, you guys have done a great done job in mixing it up with the maps.....its never possible to please everyone, but to me the current rotation provides most everyone with a good mixture..........BUT....CTF guadal canal seems to kill the server...when that map comes up, alot of people leave :( could we swap it around with Bas nights, and make Bas nights CTF, and canal as CQ ?!

just a thought ;)
Guadal replaced with Urban Seige and Bas Nights now CTF :D

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

C