Weapon Hack???

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

LF55

Weapon Hack???

Post by LF55 »

Played blue tonight on Lostvillage. Was killed twice by a sniper with 50 cal as soon as I landed by North flag. I re-spawned and grabbed helo and went searching for the sniper. Was taken down from hills by a stinger. All three kills were by the same red player in mountains. When I asked how this was possible, I was told there's a weapons hack that let's you switch weapons during play. I captured the screen name and keyhashes. This guy has 36 different screen names. It's possible he came up with the 50 cal by a legit kill, but I checked immediately after the stinger, and he was still listed as a sniper.

I think he also has a ghost player based on a similar screen name and same ping.
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Nightster

Re: Weapon Hack???

Post by Nightster »

I forget because It's been so long but I herd there are some glitches where you can go from an Ak47 to some other gun somehow while switching quickly and firing ...idk ? but it's super tricky to do and it might haev been fixed in the .7 patch, once again I dont know for sure and don't remember things that old. On the other hand I have never herd of a weapon switching hack but who am I to know if its out there.

About him being listed as a Sniper, when you pick up kits like the 50cal, Mp5, grail (stinger) etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it not change your icon ? Because they are not default kits, but map spawned and addtional kits. For ex: I'm pretty sure I always spawn default m16 on lost village (my favorite gun) and when I do happen to pickup the 50cal my Icon still has an assault icon. (I think, been awhile)

So if he had a Tabruk sniper then picked up the 50 cal... shot you then picked up the grail (if there is one in the bunker?) it's possible his icon was still set as the Tabruk Sniper Icon because it's a default kit and the other two are map spawned.(if my theory is right, idk test it) But don't put it past someone having hacks in a game as old as this one. Pisses you off doesn't it.

It would be good to go in game and pick up the grail(stinger) that spawns on the ground and see if it changes your icon ? but I can't remember if it spawns on our server ?

was the ghost player afk the whole time and on your team ? (that would be one Cheap dual screen, laptop.. whatever mini map cheat)
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Nightster wrote:was the ghost player afk the whole time and on your team ? (that would be one Cheap dual screen, laptop.. whatever mini map cheat)
Thanks Nightster. I have never seen or at least noticed this behavior before, but I found it curious and suspicious. Yes, the ghost was 0,0,0 all game.
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

Scenario One: player has two computers; logs in game on both (different CD's/same IP/same ping); plays both teams; knows where everyone is at on opposing team = "Ghosting" (and stupid ghosting for not playing the other dude, but we're talking about a cheat here)

Scenario Two: player chooses the sniper kit and kills folks; kills opponent who possesses .50 cal., steals it and then kills some folks; kills opponent who possesses a smaw, steals it and kills helo coming for him; OR, player doesn't kill opponent who possesses smaw but rather utilizes the "weapons kit switching glitch" (indeed, indeed it exists boys and girls...not a hack but rather a glitch and not hard to do at all....'nuff said) kills helo coming for him; utilizes the "weapons kit switching glitch" to revert back to his sniper kit and kills more folks.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

Amendment to Scenario One: There is a possibility that there are two computers at the same IP with different players logged into game. I can think a few examples where this has happened...College, home with two family members....perhaps the other player was AFK. This is not "Ghosting" but should always be addressed and the request should be made, by the admins, to move both players on the same side.
Normally, when this is the case, there is compliance without incident. If the request is ignored or refused, then a warning;kick;temp ban; or worse is in order because the resistance indicates "Ghosting."

tona
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

Amendment to Scenario Two: Player dies at any point between kills and changes weapon kit before respawn and the death was not noticed by you....I usually track a player's deaths when I'm "investigating a suspicious activity."
fireWIRE

Post by fireWIRE »

You can switch weapons like this with other players around but it's highly unlikely you are doing that up in the hills around LV unless he RPG'd the blue sniper, picked up the rifle, killed you, picked up the SMAW, then picked up the rifle, then killed you, then picked up the SMAW, etc.

Not sure how long both kits will stay active like that.

I AK'd a guy yesterday during Urban Seige and picked up his Stinger and shot down the spawn chopper then picked up my AK and carried on. ;-)
fireWIRE
tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

fireWIRE wrote:You can switch weapons like this with other players around but it's highly unlikely you are doing that up in the hills around LV unless he RPG'd the blue sniper, picked up the rifle, killed you, picked up the SMAW, then picked up the rifle, then killed you, then picked up the SMAW, etc.

Not sure how long both kits will stay active like that.

I AK'd a guy yesterday during Urban Seige and picked up his Stinger and shot down the spawn chopper then picked up my AK and carried on. ;-)

There is a weapons kit glitch which allows you to switch your kit at random.