Bad Admin!!!

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

comandante

Bad Admin!!!

Post by comandante »

I remember reading a couple treads about this RickPetko guy and his bad calls on getting people kicked or BANNED, but today a had a taste of this first hand, (while playing DC fan fav) I see rick bailing out of his plane than shot me dead, than he said something disrespectful I can't remember exactly what, but I said look who's talking so he says "stfu" and I'm thinking what's this guys problem I said learn some respect. then I got kicked for "disrupting game play" not before i see RickPetko LOL on my screen... This admin is abusing his power and needs to go, How may complaints do you guys need before removing this guy out of the admin list????
what?
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Bad Admin!!!

Post by RickPetko »

Respect is a two way street fella. Don't go around provoking Admins with your "you need to learn some respect" mantra. You bailed every time I shot at you, and I simply stated you were a pussy bailer. If you can't take a little ribbing then maybe you should not play here. But this seems to go deeper that just this one time. Maybe a friend of a jilted friend ? Or a previous player with a different name ? It seems you like to manufacture an event and then capitalize on it.

RP
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

I've also done some research on your use of Key Hashses (7), and the plethora of names you have used. Anyone with that backround must have some issues. Be very careful around this server. You may find yourself looking for another key hash to access this server after I ban you permanently.
RP
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Rick's a good guy. Human (i.e. frail, subject to error, and he doesn't shower often) but a reasonable guy. Try talking with him more when playing, or come on to TS. Rick is often there. It's much easier to work (talk) this out than to argue. : )
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

comandante

Post by comandante »

That's what I'm talking about right there, I didn't know that having use different names is a crime, and just because you are an admin doesn't make you right all the time, just because we had a misunderstanding doesn't mean you have to ban me, this is the last reply on this end cause I like this server and I don't want to be banned, I just think you don't need to be an admin.. but that is just my opinion...
what?
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Your opinion is taken.
Rp
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

comandante wrote:I remember reading a couple treads about this RickPetko guy and his bad calls on getting people kicked or BANNED, but today a had a taste of this first hand, (while playing DC fan fav) I see rick bailing out of his plane than shot me dead, than he said something disrespectful I can't remember exactly what, but I said look who's talking so he says "stfu" and I'm thinking what's this guys problem I said learn some respect. then I got kicked for "disrupting game play" not before i see RickPetko LOL on my screen... This admin is abusing his power and needs to go, How may complaints do you guys need before removing this guy out of the admin list????
What a tard! Coming here and making idiotic accusations against any of these admins displays your total lack of the server rules. If you got kicked it was because you were playing disruptively: driving to vehicles, spawn camping, bombing the opponents main runway (I've seen you do this personally). Don't be a dumby and play by the rules and you wont get kicked. The ONLY ONE that needs to learn respect is YOU.
Spilling_Guts
Saudi Arabia

Post by Spilling_Guts »

Nah, Rick is a good guy !
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

ya, Rick is cool, but he REALLY should shower more often :)
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

how freakin hard is it to follow server rules ?! lol seriously..... perhaps if people spent more time understanding what is expected of them in a server, then there would be less of these posts........by the way comondontbanme (yeah i spelt it this way on purpose), Ricks 'lol' should have been a sign he was giving you a little ribbing, as he mentioned.

having different names is a totally different issue, than having mutliple key hashes, as was pointed out.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

I agree with Demonic, that is the rules rule. The fact is, the server rules are one of the key reasons I come back (well that, and there's meeting with Rick at the bus station). The rules are simple, uniform across maps, and overall fair to both teams. I'll take controlled chaos any day over the alternative.

The other thing to consider is that the Admins are playing the game, talking on TS, and handling the in game complaints simultaneously. Not an easy set of tasks, and I admit I have given my share of guff. At the end of the day I remember this is a service they provide, and it hasn't cost any of us a cent.

tona
United States of America

Post by tona »

It doesn't appear that this is an issue of "rule breaking." From what I read from the poster and rick is that the guy was bailing every rick was on him (i'm assuming in an aircraft?) He must have bailed once and possibly rick bailed after him and kilt him ded...then made the infamous comment relating to an anatomical part of the female persuasion...this is where the player messes up.
But in all fairness, he may not know that rick is an admin...perhaps he does.

Rick is correct in saying that you need to have a little thick skin at times if you're going to do something noobish like bail all the time. I like to say things to esko about always pulling me into his main when dog fighting...its either the bubble or AAA pecking away at me and then I have to break when I start smoking and hope I can get away.
Esko never gets angry....cause he "knows."

I learned to always make a bailer pay, and that usually means bailing after him and kiltin him ded...then I make sure I make a snide comment.

So, the lesson of this story is, don't bail...if you do expect to either get killed or have a snide comment made to you or both...and never, ever be disrespectful to an admin and not expect a reaction.

The best advise given was to join in on TS and interact with others.

As to Rick...he is just fine...relax...have fun...don't bail....enjoy yourself...don't bail....play hard...and have I mentioned not bailing?
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

I have found this thread particularly interesting since I always thought Rick's last name was, indeed, Petko:lol. I thought maybe he was Irish or something. I think comandante has it all wrong and that Rick is a fine chap. There does remain a problem that I need help solving, though. Rick has owned me on every map for a very long time. In honor of that ignominy, I had his name tatooed on my bum. Now how am I gonna get that ":lol" part off?
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Ready-FIRE-Aim wrote:I have found this thread particularly interesting since I always thought Rick's last name was, indeed, Petko:lol. I thought maybe he was Irish or something. I think comandante has it all wrong and that Rick is a fine chap. There does remain a problem that I need help solving, though. Rick has owned me on every map for a very long time. In honor of that ignominy, I had his name tatooed on my bum. Now how am I gonna get that ":lol" part off?
Not to worry RFA, Rick can get your bum off with no problem!

RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Larry is such a poof ! RFA I don't own anyone anymore. I don't even own myself......Larry does :). LOL, you should seriously join us on TS. We have a great time disin' each other and Larry does have a beautiful singing voice.
Rick P.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

RickPetko wrote:Larry is such a poof ! RFA I don't own anyone anymore. I don't even own myself......Larry does :). LOL, you should seriously join us on TS. We have a great time disin' each other and Larry does have a beautiful singing voice.
Rick P.
So f'ing true Rick. I'll send this months check to you early!

You did leave out that I am young, handsome, have a full head of hair, a 30" waist, am endowed by my creator, and that I'm Dvaren's father. Ok, so only one thing is true. But Rick is right (for once), come to TS where Rick and I prey feverishly upon the young and restless, and even some old farts like the cheeky monkey and the whirly bird.

Da Nu Wa Gi Li

Post by Da Nu Wa Gi Li »

Oh See Yoh my friends,

Here we find again, a string by an "ANGRY" user regarding our Admin Rick Petko. I was not present on the server and really have no additional knowledge of the incident. However, whether you like his "Flavor" of administration or not, there is one issue I wish to bring forth at this point in time. Rick is an admin. He was selected as an admin, by "Fellow" admins of the server. If I am not mistaken, users are not to disrespect the servers Admins. That is plainly written in the server rules. I believe this is rather easy to understand, is it not? Is there any misunderstanding in this?

I, myself, have seen Admin Petko handle a multitude of administrative issues thus far and I would have to publicly state that I for one, "HAVE TO" stand by Rick and believe he has what it takes to handle any issue which may arise during game play. For those who wish to engage in Symantec’s or wish to twist words to create confusion, I would have to direct you to the RULZ. Please read and become familiar with the binding rules of the server and follow them. Plain and simple.

Peace!

Da Nu Wa Gi Li
Live within the laws of mother earth......
Return to the ancient ways......
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

If I am not mistaken, users are not to disrespect the servers Admins. That is plainly written in the server rules.

This was exactly my point i was trying to make ;)