A few simple map mod suggestion to help balance.

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Payne N. Daiz

A few simple map mod suggestion to help balance.

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Maybe you would consider the following simple mods to help even things up:

1) As we all know the Coalition drew the short straw when it comes to equipment and map layout on most maps. So with that in mind I would suggest removing the Red spawn chopper on Desert Shield and Guadacanal.

On Guadacanal it allows the Red to leapfrog the Blue defenses and get back in the game...which is fine but Blue can't...and Blue is rarely in control of the map anyway.

Imho, there is terrible imbalance on DS. The usuall T72s etc, but the map layout is a big Red advantage. On top of that they get a spawn chopper??? I've been in many games playing on Blue trying to dig Red out or hold Red off of the nearest flag when we get assulted from above by paratroopers. What this does is allow them to nuetralize the flag and then the armor moves in. Huge advantage. You have to be a masochist to want to play the Coalition side on this map.

2) On the other 2 Japanese Naval maps in rotation (Iwo & ?) the Coalition gets a carrier w/ a spawn chopper. Even though Blue is usually at a disadvantage, the spawn choppers tip the scales the other direction and distorts the intent of the maps. Blue has plenty of transport. I'm waiting for the game when the blue team gets together and decides to divide the flags and start perpetual para inserts untill the flags are neutralized our turned. I would bet a team of 18 semi-coordinated players could end the map in less than 5 minutes...

3) Remove the Red heli on Tobruk. With the large blue main flag radius, it takes half the Blue team or more to hold the flag and even then most of the time it's white...waiting for another para assult. Blue rarely wins.

Thanks,

Payne
tona
United States of America

Re: A few simple map mod suggestion to help balance.

Post by tona »

You have to be a masochist to want to play the Coalition side on this map.
...I almost always play Coalition... ;-]
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams
Payne N. Daiz

Re: A few simple map mod suggestion to help balance.

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

tona wrote:
You have to be a masochist to want to play the Coalition side on this map.
...I almost always play Coalition... ;-]
I suggest therapy...at least four days a week. Give your dog a break from all the beatings you give him from all those Coalition losses.