2 maps

Demonic
Australia

2 maps

Post by Demonic »

between playing BC2 and a few other games, this dem has been working on 2 maps.
im not much of a map maker, but i thought id give it a try.....i had messed around with battlecraft a few years ago, but didnt have a system good enough to do all the rendering.
the first map is on a large scale....i still have a fair bit to do, but it will have land, sea and air involved.
the second map is on the small side, but it will only have land vehicles involved.
some of the things im trying to avoid while making these maps is stuff like pad camping, nade spamming etc.

as i get closer to completing them, i will post a few screenies and maybe some might wanna help me test run them.
whether or not they work, or i finish em, its kinda fun making new maps up :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Re: 2 maps

Post by Demonic »

that be kewl Troy ;)
im just using battlecraft....not sure what version it is...might be a fairly current one.
i might be almost done with the smaller of the 2 maps...just figuring out fog settings etc...deciding on what other props to add, but its more or less done (inf and vehicle spawns are done to )
im not sure how to correctly set the time for vehicle spawns, so i might need additional help with that.

the vehicles im using in it are :
T 72
M1a1
Bradley
Bmp
buggy
hummer (with TOW and machine gun )
tech... both with recoil and machine gun
stryker (both teams have the chance to get it )
Lada (i wouldnt mind these being used as carbombs...or to be left as additional transportation.)

its setting is a jungle warfare (not easy to do with limited stuff) but it has plenty of hills, easy enough to drive over, but also for inf cover to.
i tried to be careful NOT to place objects etc, to where people can sit and camp...the fog setting is lower than we are all used to, so you cant just in one place sniping all the time....i did that more to give a jungle feel with a little foggyness ;)

maybe later to day ill make a lil demo vid of it ....it will be WITHOUT the shadows etc, so keep that in mind...until im happy with all objects, the shadow rendering stuff comes last.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

here is a link where the smaller map can be downloaded (let me know if anyone is able to dnload it)

http://www.4shared.com/file/LRs0N3WQ/Ju ... rfare.html

there are a few things i could add/fix on this map, but for now i need to see how it plays.
there are only 3 ammo boxes in the map and they are placed far enough away from spawn points, to reduce camping with c4 or what ever.

it isnt the greatest map in terms of look lol but im hoping it might be a little bit of fun at least :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I will download it and took a look at it bud.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i began working on a 3rd map some weeks ago...kinda put the 1st map on hold coz i wasnt happy with it.
this new map is on a larger scale and im working it so each point of capture provides a key unit to each side, rather than having yet another tank or bradley spawn.
it has land, sea and air units, but most of the battle will take place on the ground (maybe lol )... while making maps, i try and think of aspects that worked or didnt work on other maps...mainly i try and avoid the chance of someone doing nothing but camping, but to make a team work for the win.
there is one area of this map that you can only get to by air and it spawns good units for both sides IF they get it....anyways, im still testing certain things on it so it will be awhiles.

its fun making em, but maybe one of the maps i make might spark interest that some might wanna test em ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

If you want vehicles or buildings from other mods let me know
kona
United States of America

Post by kona »

How about an infantry map?
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

ya, ive been brain storming on some inf maps to...i enjoy em a little more than bigger maps.

ill upload what ive got with this current map soon boony...if anyone else dnloads it, just bare in mind its NOT completed !! it wont be rendered with shadows, there will be weird stuff not in the right position, or look scrappy.......my main goal is just to see if it plays ok, or if it turns out to be a pos :D :D :oops: :oops: but the way i see it, the more maps i make, hopefully the better they might become...trial n error kinda stuff......either way, its fun makin em >: D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

You can always import existing maps from other mods , I know there is a fun one on SW and one on RTR that would be stellar infin maps ;)
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

im almost done with the map (except for the rendering etc), just adding a few props here and there and a few other touch ups....i did find a real kewl use for the ural tankers :D :D they added an extra effect to a certain area of my map....when u get the map boony, open it up and look at object spawn 33, you will see what i mean ;)
i might try and upload it tonite wheni get off work....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

http://www.4shared.com/file/XBGTA5Gg/Iron_strike.html
here ya go boony..lemme know if u dnload it ok.....its still not finished as you will see, but tooken a look at it and lemme know what ya think ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Tuck

Post by Tuck »

Please put some holy water containers on the maps so that we can combat all the demons showing up on our server :D
Ya..I'm an old fart
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

>: D we will find a way to enter muhahahahahahahaha
feel free to dnload it peeps.....again, its not totally finished, so dont come on here saying theres no shadows n stuff like that lol.......if we can give it a few test runs, i will see whether certain things work or not, then fix em....you will see that ammo boxes are far enough away from flags to avoid the 'campers'.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

im generating the shadows for the map now....its gonna take over an hour lol ill try n finish the rest of its renderin tonite, if i can......then ill upload the map again within a couple of days.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

ok...the rendering is all done...it has the mini map etc....i wont say its my best effort, because i aint some uber map maker lol it was done as a lil learning curve....theres prolly a few things about it that could be messy...feel free to dnload it n see.....maybe boony can fire up his lil server and run it so we can see how it plays

http://www.4shared.com/file/dQaGFxMN/Iron_strike.html
BROTHERS IN ARMS
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Just give it test run. Wild map Dem :) Just got some vehicle spawning issues. 1 in E5 in the water pit, (vehicles spawning in water) and on mountain base (vehicles spawning on oil tanks). I like the layout tho, make for some wild battles.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

actually, those vehicles are meant to be the way they are ;)
its the ural tankers in there......i was testing different things to see what gave off explosions, but i have no idea how to mod stuff, so that was my only option...just not get to close to em when they go off <: D

i think my only real concern with this map is overall balance...but with a few test runs maybe, i will see where it might get uneven....umm....i dunno who put that face on the side of the hill ummm.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Like i said , if you need help with any of the coding let me know demmy
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

rgr thanks bro :D i just found 2 issues that i might need ur help with actually......1st, the allied and prolly axis hanger wont repair the planes and most likely helos.....the helos cant reload off them either coz i dont think either my allied or axis ammo crate works...ive had this config file for a few years now, so it might be a lil messed up...and restarting the map would be an issue coz the carrier doesnt respawn lol i know how to fix it, but if u know a short cut way......all the planes etc just drop into the water muhahahahahahahahaha
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Are the planes meant to drop into the water ? And the ammo reload and fix codes need to be added manually, If you take a look at my dustbowl mod I had them added into the repair pads since they wouldnt fix or reload either for the helos I added to the map
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

the planes drop coz i hadnt included the carrier as part of a spawn point...i can fix that np......as for da other stuffs ill take a look see ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

the carrier issue is fixed.......while it does repair and reload air units for blue, i may need your help to get the hangers working boony, to repair n reload for both teams.
also, is it possible to change the map end camera view ? i wouldnt mind it pointin on a certain face on the hill side >: D

there might be a couple of additions i could make to this map, so unless peeps wanna dnload it now to see how it looks, i will re upload it with the new addons soon.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

lol, didn't see the face first time round :shock:
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

http://www.4shared.com/file/vmjJya81/Iron_strike.html

here is the map, with the fixes i was able to make.... i still need your help boony, in allowing hangers to repair etc....maybe to also look at the spawn times to see if they match what is run on this server, for both infantry and vehicles....feel free to add a discription to if ya want, but if ya can help me do the tricky stuff it would be appreciated.......and be sure you add your name and mine in da credits lol :D

oh, maybe every1 better wait to dnload it until boony does his magic ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Downloading and will check it out for ya Demmy :)