Boon's itchy kick finger

Steel Panther

Boon's itchy kick finger

Post by Steel Panther »

Boon kicked me for who knows how long for asking questions. I did not break any rules for that kick. He said "I'm tired of you today". So I guess he can change the rules and kick me because he doesn't like my questions? This is the calibre of admins you have? Itchy kick finger guys that can't handle a few questions? Not being liked ISN'T AGAINST THE RULES.

* I got autoswitched, I went back to my team I started on and got INSTANTLY kicked for stacking. No warning.... whatever, I'll take it.

So I came back seconds later and the team I switched off had + 2 already. Nobody was kicked then though of course. I guess +2 is allowed when I'm not in the server.... I then proceeded to start asking questions about why I got kicked and asked if warning was not the proper protocol for an auto switch reversal stack(didn't plan on stacking, it happened) and that's when Boon apparently "got tired" of me. So he kicked me. For asking questions......

wilson
ButtBreathSenior

Re: Boon's itchy kick finger

Post by ButtBreathSenior »

Um...Ok..I will chime in here. I believe I was playing when this fiasco started although I'm sure Boon can speak for himself. As I recall...you were warned several times about disruptive play...complaining about fellow players, cussing etc.. Of course the logs will reflect this I'm sure. I'm not an admin here...but play a LOT. This is probably the most fair run server I've seen on BF. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer although I can cut..but if an admin tells me to chill I chill. So far I don't think that has happened as I try and play by the rules. I can explain this to you but I cannot UNDERSTAND it for you. When you drive down the road and come to a stop sign do your STOP? Or just drive through? Your complaint is way off against Boon. I suggest you either play sober or find another server that will tolerate your rants and raves during play.The only problem I've seen with the admins here is that we need MORE like the ones we have. Have a good day.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Boon is my child. I will protect him even though he moved to Canada.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

"Wilson" , I warned you about your attitude and disruptive nature the previous two maps. You seem to think that everyone on the server needs to abide by your decisions and whats logical to YOU. I gave you a day off to go over the rules and since im sure you navigated here you can find your way to the rules section, pay close attention to respect of other players section and teamstacking.

You were autoswitched by the server as the teams were off, this is in place so that teams remain even and taking it upon yourself to switch back will earn you a kick. Every admin will handle this situation in his own way, I handle it with a kick for teamstacking (the vast majority of players know teamstacking is not allowed including you!). I refuse to sit there and type to every person asking them to switch back as more often than not they come up with a stupid reason like "i was auto switched thou!" , meanwhile some other player that is playing by the rules gets switched because of that person.

I dont have a itchy kick/ban finger, just a low tolerance for smacktard behaviour. Were all come here to have a fun round of BF42 with others and myself and the other admins do our best to keep the server enjoyable and fair to our regulars and newcomers.
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

I'll add my two cents since this is in the general section. The admins here have a tough job and they do it very well. Boon and orex are on pretty often. Thank you EA117 for making them admins. It gets pretty old with the stacking lately. There are people that just have to switch to the winning team. :twisted: In turn the players that helped that team win get auto switched to the losing team. You can't win every round. I'm glad boon kicks for the stacking, maybe some of these guys will get it through their heads. Play where the server puts you. It's no wonder blue has such a hard time some maps. I will continue to give my best effort where ever I get put. It's a nice change when some of the skilled players get on blue, work together, and kick the crap out of red. So thanks admins, keep up the good work. I appreciate all of you guys for keeping this server up and running. Their are plenty of us regulars that support you guys. thanks again EA117 family! Cheers......bob.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Did I not kick/ban you for the same thing the other day?

Stoned Wilson right????

Might want to lay off the wacky tobacky, that green sticky icky if you want to remain ban free. ;)

Just play where the server puts you and all will be well. When people leave the server will move people around to keep the player balance even. To answer your comment about 2 people being on one side the autobalance kicks in when there is a variance of 3. So yes, to answer your question 2 is OK for autobalance. Sometimes it may be in your favor, other times it is going to piss you right off because you might be the one that did the majority of the work to capture flags and keep your team from bleeding. But it happens to us all.

Play where the server puts you ... simple as that. It will keep the other admins "itchy" finger at bay. ;)

BTW ... I am probably the biggest "ITCH" (do not edit that Sarge) when it comes to people switching. All these people switching are causing people to get autoswitched. If you do not switch you can NOT stack.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

BoOn wrote:"Wilson", I warned you about your attitude and disruptive nature the previous two maps. You seem to think that everyone on the server needs to abide by your decisions and whats logical to YOU.
There was a "wilson" on yesterday in Liberation of Caen. Came and dumped C4 on me and successfully TK'd me because he didn't agree with my strategy of staying to guard South River from being re-taken. After giving me earful after earful until I finally put him on the ignore list.

Given how much that behavior fits with exactly what you're describing, I say good job and thanks, BoOn.

-Trench
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I bet Boon locks this thread by tonight! :D :o :P :P

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Lolol ... the magic 8 ball says "CHANCES ARE GOOD"
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

12/09/2012 02:01:52 : # [Global] wilson: EVERYBODY ON THE GROUND!
12/09/2012 02:02:16 : # [Global] wilson: ON THE FCKIN GROUND! NOW!
12/09/2012 02:02:46 : # [Global] wilson: That was close
12/09/2012 02:02:55 : # [Global] wilson: Found some Jews in C1 makin bombs
12/09/2012 02:32:17 : # [Global] wilson: ah you c nt
12/09/2012 02:38:17 : # [Global] wilson: a schrapnel cnt!
12/09/2012 02:06:10 : # [Global] wilson: DIE SCUM

just to post a few, and you wonder why Boon had enough????
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

:31:
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

If I was Boon I would scratch the above itch or go to the doctor and get some medicine to remove the problem.

Seems as though (with the above copied and paste comments) you should change your name from Steel Panther to Poison Ivy as something (you) caused an "itch" that Boon needed to scratch. And a well warranted one if I do say so myself.

Can we change the title to Boon's "scratching" finger.

Public announcement ... not one ... of the admins enjoy banning people UNLESS it is a cheat/hack but your kick/ban was minimal. Boon was pretty calm and reserved IMHO given the above info.
OREX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by OREX »

Wilson, hopefully you will be more respectful to other players after this. I didn't see all this go down, as I got there just in time to see you get kicked, then come back and disrespect Boon for kicking you. What the hell were you thinking there? That he didn't have the balls to kick you or ban you? Your behavior takes the fun out of the game for others. If I see this happen while I am online I will consider you to have been pre-warned and have no qualms about a longer time off. Thanks Colonel for posting some of the comments.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Actually Orex, the comments were just after you left the server on that day. So he knows who the admins are and when they are on. But I can imagine it was similar when B0on was on.
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Team switchers !!!! Curse you all!!!!!! Now where did boon leave that itchy kick finger?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Are you still drunk from your beerfest? 4 month old thread is he back to the same old stuff again? I saw him on the other night but he seemed to be *ok*
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Lol nighty, just didnt want to start another team switcher/stacker thread. Just venting my frustration at the fools who jump in the server, see that the team they're on is losing, and switch to the winning team. FFS just help your team win. Me and spec switched to red on el al the other day. They were getting spanked. We gave it a go and ended up winning that map. Numerous times have I seen the losing team make a comeback with a little help. Like I said just venting :x :x :x :x . The beer fest was badass BTW. There was probably 30 local brewers offering all sorts of belgian beer. The saison was pretty good. Some very interseting flavors of beer. We got tore up :D .
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

The only itchy place on BOON.. is his BUTT! :)
Sarge, he has no need for your protection.. He's got the mountie's !
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

hoppin bob wrote:Lol nighty, just didnt want to start another team switcher/stacker thread. Just venting my frustration at the fools who jump in the server, see that the team they're on is losing, and switch to the winning team. FFS just help your team win. Me and spec switched to red on el al the other day. They were getting spanked. We gave it a go and ended up winning that map. Numerous times have I seen the losing team make a comeback with a little help. Like I said just venting :x :x :x :x . The beer fest was badass BTW. There was probably 30 local brewers offering all sorts of belgian beer. The saison was pretty good. Some very interseting flavors of beer. We got tore up :D .
Bob, team stacking is a common occurence, at least on BF3 servers. It's almost expected of the pubs (public players, non-regulars). Only if you're a good enough player to make a difference would you even consider swapping to the losing team. Otherwise you're just making your gaming experience less fun. If the server is small enough, one guy actually can make that difference and pull it around for the losing side, and it certainly feels awesome when you do. When you get 64 player servers, a guy or two usually cannot make up the difference for a noobish team. The winning side will take whichever bases you are not at, and kill people where you are not. Like life, you just gotta roll with the punches. Luckily we have control of a server in DC and can moderate/regulate such behavior.

I have numerous games saved where I swap to the losing team (on our old BF3 server) and have 10,000 more points than the players below me at the round's end and my team still loses, because they either A: just snipe and don't cap objectives/help the team or B: are not coordinated enough to make skillful moves and die to better players. I don't hate those players, in fact I offer help and advice. But getting back to team stacking, unless it's a regular, don't expect them to help the losing side win by purposely swapping, unfortunately, expect the opposite, that they will stack. And when they do, swap 'em back ;)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

What we see on the DC server Jay is people want a certain weapon and they switch to that side (red/blue) in order to get it. Now that would not be a big deal if it was just one or two right. Well the problem is there are many people that prefer one over the other. Lets say Bocage which is a "helo" map. Hind vs the Apache. Give me the Apache all day long and let the hind sit on the ground. Well everyone that has flown a helo knows that sooooo ... we had a bad problem with people switching to blue at the beginning of the round offsetting the teams.

Then we had the clans that like to frequent the server which is a great thing except this is not a clan server. So I do not care if you just joined and the other person or persons with the {MFer} tag is on the other team and yall always play on the same team. If you need practice for your clan go to a clan server.

I would not have such a strong stance against teamswitching if it were for the betterment of the game (ie Skill) and NOT the selfishness of the teamswitcher. ;)
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

I wish I could experience what your talking about in BF3, but, upgrading the puter is just not in the cards. As far as the significant other is concerned, she feels I sit in front of that thing enough :18: as far as the switching goes, you're right, just something we have to live with. The DC admins are real good about keeping people where they are supposed to be. The one issue I see the most, is people that switch right as soon as they jump in. Seems they check the tickets, see that the team they were placed on is losing, and switch to the other team. So most times if you call them on it , they say " oh ... I just got in" as if we can't tell that teams are off for those few seconds. As soon as someone dies, they get switched, and teams look even. I've been playing DC for ever it seems. I'm not to bad. ( Can even give cross a run for his money in a jet :D ) If that happens I will usually call the perp out and then just play on and try my best to help my new team turn it around. Still pisses me off though :x :P
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

Nightstalker wrote:What we see on the DC server Jay is people want a certain weapon and they switch to that side (red/blue) in order to get it. Now that would not be a big deal if it was just one or two right. Well the problem is there are many people that prefer one over the other. Lets say Bocage which is a "helo" map. Hind vs the Apache. Give me the Apache all day long and let the hind sit on the ground. Well everyone that has flown a helo knows that sooooo ... we had a bad problem with people switching to blue at the beginning of the round offsetting the teams.

Then we had the clans that like to frequent the server which is a great thing except this is not a clan server. So I do not care if you just joined and the other person or persons with the {MFer} tag is on the other team and yall always play on the same team. If you need practice for your clan go to a clan server.

I would not have such a strong stance against teamswitching if it were for the betterment of the game (ie Skill) and NOT the selfishness of the teamswitcher. ;)
Ah ok, good info. It's the same with BF3, AH-1Z Viper (American) is better than the MI-28 Havoc (Russian). Just like the F/A-18E Super Hornet is better than the SU-35BM Flanker. Battlefield in general seems to have catered to American hardware having some sort of slight advantage, maybe even larger than slight, which is stupid. Realism is one thing but bias is what I see here. Wish they would make everything fairly equal, this way it's the player that determines who wins, not the hardware on a certain team giving an advantage.
hoppin bob wrote:I wish I could experience what your talking about in BF3, but, upgrading the puter is just not in the cards. As far as the significant other is concerned, she feels I sit in front of that thing enough :18: as far as the switching goes, you're right, just something we have to live with. The DC admins are real good about keeping people where they are supposed to be. The one issue I see the most, is people that switch right as soon as they jump in. Seems they check the tickets, see that the team they were placed on is losing, and switch to the other team. So most times if you call them on it , they say " oh ... I just got in" as if we can't tell that teams are off for those few seconds. As soon as someone dies, they get switched, and teams look even. I've been playing DC for ever it seems. I'm not to bad. ( Can even give cross a run for his money in a jet :D ) If that happens I will usually call the perp out and then just play on and try my best to help my new team turn it around. Still pisses me off though :x :P
Yup, definitely seen a bunch of those guys. They're run of the mill over on BF3. Hope to see ya on BF4 soon, you have some time to collect funds if your wife'll let you :)
Killora

Post by Killora »

OddJob2021 wrote:Battlefield in general seems to have catered to American hardware having some sort of slight advantage, maybe even larger than slight, which is stupid. Realism is one thing but bias is what I see here. Wish they would make everything fairly equal, this way it's the player that determines who wins, not the hardware on a certain team giving an advantage.
But that's just it, American hardware IS just that much better. In real life, the SU-35B Is a heavy beast. It weighs about 8,000 (if i recall) pounds empty more than the F/A-18E. The GE engines on the F/A-18E have more power than the SU-35B (which is compounded by the fact that the F/A-18 is lighter) So the F/A-18 is lighter, smaller, more powerful engines, more agile, and has more air-ground capabilities.

It's essentially the same thing for the Viper VS havoc. Ontop of the fact that both American Aerial Vehicles have better field of view than their russian counterparts.

So, if it's biased, it's by a small margin. American hardware really is just better.

Though, this is the problem with realism in a game. One side is better than the other, and everyone wants to be on the better side.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Thread locked due to it being off topic.