No votes
Leave default sniper kits, Keep 2 M82's on beach
10%

Total votes: 10

BoOn
Canada

DC Map Updates Oct/2012

Post by BoOn »

Were gonna be doing some updates to the maps in rotation, this is mainly to change things up a bit and give each map a different dynamite to adapt too. Suggestions and feedback are welcome and encouraged from the community.

Current list of changes are listed below and I will be updating this post as more maps are updated.

Gazalla - Replaced the AC130 for the MH-53 spawn chopper, ppl enjoy this as a weapon on blue including myself but its very rarely used for what its designed for. With that in mind I removed it and figured that since Red has the spawn chopper that Blue may as well. Both Blue/Red have a pickup truckbomb now in there mains aswell as one placed at the hidden airfield, this was requested by ppl in game and thought it would be interesting.

Bocage Day 2 - Windmill flag has been moved back to the lumber mill and C4 has been placed back into the kits .

Battle of the Bulge- Both helos have been removed , This will allow the armor/infin to slug it out for flags and not so easy for blue to lose the depot at the start of the round. If red gets the depot now than they deserve it fair and square. Since there is no helo's I have removed the Shilka/Vulcan
Updated Oct-3-12
Gave both the depot and red main a extra bradley/bmp aswell as a extra humvee/brdm2 , also a humvee/brdm2 has been added to the city (church) and bridge bunker .

Omaha- Well not to much can be done here but to help blue get up the hill I have removed the C4 , this will stop red from using it at the base of ramps to stop blue infin/vehicles.

Stalingrad - Due to the overwhelming amount of nade spamming that goes on in the map (alot that ends up in tks) , I have removed the grenades from all kits. Players will still have their secondary grenade launchers. Also the VSS has been removed as a default spawn kit and replaced with its regular AK counterpart.

DesertShield - Took out the lil bird and gave blue the MH-53 spawn chopper.
Updated Oct-3-12
Added back in the blue lil bird aswell as gave red a lil bird, Both teams now have 1 spawn helo- 1 attack helo- 1 lil bird .

Now these changes are not set in stone, server reaction and community feedback will be taken into account.

EDIT: I will run current polls on this post for future input on the map change ups.
Last edited by BoOn on October 3rd, 2012, 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: DC Map Updates Oct/2012

Post by Nightstalker »

BoOn wrote: Gazalla - Replaced the AC130 for the MH-53 spawn chopper,

:17: :17: :17: :17: :17: :17:
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Thanks for the heads-up. Especially like the changes where one side already had a mobile spawn point and now both sides do. LOL at the removal of grenades in Stalingrad; gonna be a bunch of confused people just standing around.

Along those same lines, maybe the change for Omaha is taking the sniper rifle kit out and just putting one or two Barretts on the beach & at the top red base. So that everyone else must actually do something, or just stand there looking as useless as they are but without a sniper rifle in their hands.

Now I just need to find time to play....

-Trench
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Maybe a better fighter for blue on IWO. Some people are pretty good in the f14 and the harrier but I have always found the mig-SU combo a little overwhelming for blue. Just my 2 cents.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

No C130 what is Nighty going to crash in now??

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Sarge wrote:No C130 what is Nighty going to crash in now??

I guess a MH-53 .... :roll:
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

And there is no rear door to close....lol

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Much like you huh. Oh good Lord .. I am starting to talk/think like you.

Anyways I gave Boon some crap about the removal of the 130 and it is still a sore spot with me. The AC130 is an AWESOME weapon on many levels in this game. Most of the time it is the most underutilized weapon vehicle I have seen. I would actually like to see 130s (if only the Iraqis/Russians/Germans) had made attack cargo plane) on both sides and let me explain. The spawn helos can fly WELL above the limits of any of the planes. Making them untouchable. The 130 has an altitude limit just like the planes.

Can the Hinds be modded to be a spawn point???? Bring back the 130 and replace reds spawn chopper with another Hind.

I am just throwing stuff out as I already missed my 130 today at Gazala.

And to leave on a good note. I was unsure about the no nades on Stalingrad. While I do see some use to having the standard 3 with no chance to reload (grenades that is) ... It was alot of fun today without them. And as Boon pointed out ... much quieter LOLOLOL ... So good call on that. ;)
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I knew that you would be a bit sore about the AC-130 being removed from Gazalla NS , but its as you also mentioned very rarely used for what its designed for. It was with this in mind that I replaced it with the MH-53 spawn chopper as red has one and it would even it out for both sides. Now there is no known "proper" method to reduce how high the spawn helo can go. The only thing I can think of is how long the helo can fly, now what I mean by this is that I could add a timer to the engine so that after so many minutes the engine dies and the helo falls back to earth. Now im not sure how that would go over with the server population/admins as a option or not.
Trench wrote:Along those same lines, maybe the change for Omaha is taking the sniper rifle kit out and just putting one or two Barretts on the beach & at the top red base. So that everyone else must actually do something, or just stand there looking as useless as they are but without a sniper rifle in their hands.
I actually did a omaha version of just that about a year ago (not sure what happened with it), it was a major shock to the blue players having no sniper rifles other than the 2 M82's so what ended up happening was they were trying to sit back and camp with M16's and SAW's on the beach :31: .
hoppin bob wrote:Maybe a better fighter for blue on IWO. Some people are pretty good in the f14 and the harrier but I have always found the mig-SU combo a little overwhelming for blue. Just my 2 cents.
The only thing i can think of regarding that is there being 2 f-15's (I think that is the single seater blue fighter), would tip the balance to blue in the air. Maybe just one f15 on the carrier ?

Anyways I look forward to more feedback from players and admins alike and see what we can settle on.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Boony .. either the F16 or F15, both are blue single seat fighters ;) .. If that is the case can we (you) change the harriers over to the attack vs the fighter version. If you remove the F14 blue has no bomber.

Edit: And I like the move on the windmill flag to the barn. Alot more going on now at the middle flag. I died a ton when I tried to hold it but was a blast.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Nightstalker wrote:Boony .. either the F16 or F15, both are blue single seat fighters ;) .. If that is the case can we (you) change the harriers over to the attack vs the fighter version. If you remove the F14 blue has no bomber.
So 1 blue F15/F16 plus 1 harrier that drops cluster bombs on IWO?
Nightstalker wrote:Edit: And I like the move on the windmill flag to the barn. Alot more going on now at the middle flag. I died a ton when I tried to hold it but was a blast.
Ya I noticed alot of action in the middle now, was pretty funny earlier watching both teams fighting for the windmill all while the flag never changed hands at the sawmill , took a bit for ppl to realize the flag moved back lol.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

BoOn wrote:So 1 blue F15/F16 plus 1 harrier that drops cluster bombs on IWO?

Well as you know I am no pilot so I am trying to remember how many planes each side starts with but I was thinking red was 2 Migs and 1-2 Frogs. Then Blue has 2 F14's and 2 Harriers. So my initial thought was swap the 2 F14's out for 2 F15/F16's ... Then make the Harriers the bomber version. Clusters may be a bit strong. Maybe just the regular dumb bombs.

Hell take them all away and give helos LOLOL :o

Did you see my score last night on Bocage ... :D ... It was alot better until you came along :evil:
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Nightstalker wrote:Hell take them all away and give helos LOLOL
Actually you know that would be interesting to test out as helo map, There is requests for another helo map and I was thinking about maybe Coral sea or Invasion of the Phillipines as another helo map in rotation. El Alamein day 2 was requested but I really dont think two of the same maps in rotation would be a good thing.

I will edit and start a poll in my original post and let admins and players vote on which map you all would like to see as a helo map and see if we can settle on something.

So again Admins/Players please take a time to vote on the poll in OP.
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Swapping the two f14s for 15/16s would be a good choice. I agree with NS tht cluster bombs on the harriers would be overkill but my KDRS on that map would skyrocket( could you just imagine clusters on mount sirabachi?) :lol: maybe use the same bombs the SU uses?
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I agree, cluster bombs would decimate the lil island lol.

So let me get this straight for IWO,

-2 MIG's *** 2 F-15/16's

-1 Frog *** 1 Harrier with regular bombs
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Yea sounds like good changes to me. Maybe blue pilots would spend less time attacking the red carrier trying to steal their planes. :twisted:
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Can you also remove Nightstalker when Gazala pops up?

With Great Speed
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

The maps Desert Shield and Battle of the Bulge have been updated, read OP for the changes.

Also it looks like the majority of votes have fallen on Invasion of the Phillipines as a secondary helo map so I will be working on that mod shortly .

Im gonna run a new poll in the original post regarding Omaha beach so please take the time to cast a vote there. I will also have the requested jet lineup done for IWO in a few days.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Can we not just remove the sniper rifles for blue and leave the 50's????

We know the only issue with sniping is on blue.

My .02
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Bulge needs to put back to original. :roll: We lose half our players and usually runnext on that map, no fun with out helos, and the slow ass vehicles not much fun
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I agree Col, It doesnt play aswell as the original, I will put the helos back on. Do you all think that the extra armor and jeeps should be kept ?
OREX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by OREX »

Even though I don't normally use armor, I think that having extra vehicles is a good change. There is a lot of walking on this map. Can we leave them in play too see how it works?
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Sounds good to me, I will put the Helos back in and leave the extra stuff and see how that goes over with everyone .
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

I request an A-10 on all maps. Thank you.
OREX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by OREX »

Bob should only be allowed a Piper Cub with water balloons!