Help

billythekid1
New Zealand

Help

Post by billythekid1 »

So im trying to put DC onto my origin so i can frag nighty..

DL'ed all the updates etc in order and extracted them into my origin folder bf42, the problem im having is that is says cannot find bf1942 when i try to install them..

any help would be great ta lads. OLDBOI has got it working hopefullt he can sort me out hahaha
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Help

Post by Nightstalker »

Are you talking about the Origin version of BF1942 or the disk version?
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

Hey mate, i installed the game without using Origin. All i did was install the game, do all the patches an make sure you allow to run in compatibility mode on the Win7 thingy an good to go ... :11:

Took a little advice from Mr Google, who seems to supply alot of answers, but wen you on next just give me a nudge an will give ya any help i can ... ;)
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

thanks cobber and yes nighty origin.. looks like i will just install my disc when i find it lol
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Correct from what we have read ... you can not play on the EA117 server without the disc version ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

At least one of the reasons potentially still being Punkbuster-related, too. I went in on my 1.61 client and updated my server list to see the "hundreds of new servers" everyone was talking about, but at least in the ones I inspected, they all shows as "punkbuster = 0" and disappeared once I selected a "Punkbuster only" filter on the list.

Obviously installing the Origin version would tell me for sure one way or the other, but it seems like they side-stepped the "Evenbalance no longer supports BF1942" issue by simply not including Punkbuster. So if that's true, the EA117 server would bounce you for that reason alone, regardless of the 1.62 client version or how well DC mods work with it.

If anyone actually using the Origin version knows different please correct me, so that I'm not propegating wrong information / bad conclusions.

-Trench