Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Some kids killing 46&2 by Tool...

Post by toolman »

I did not want to add to the other music thread becasue these kids deserve their own thread.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/09/w ... ools-46-2/

I almost like the girls voice better than maynard...gives me chills how good these kids play a song that is so demanding in talent.... and pull it off like that.
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Some kids killing 46&2 by Tool...

Post by Nightstalker »

I am seriously jealous of those little kids. I checked out some of the other videos. They even do a Pantera cover LOLOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Certainly an interesting and worthy performance. To my ear, too many parts just seemed outside of her range. Just wouldn't rate her's over Keenan's, even though there were many sections her voice did handle. And obviously the whole bunch of them exude more musical talent before naptime than I'll have in my entire life.

I'm just envisioning all the conversations that took place between takes. "Daddy, what's a stinkfist?"

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Trench wrote: I'm just envisioning all the conversations that took place between takes. "Daddy, what's a stinkfist?"
-Trench
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

WOW!
Tuck

Post by Tuck »

I am impressed!!!!!!!
Ya..I'm an old fart
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by toolman »

c0loNeL wrote:WOW!
That's what I said. I was damn near in shock.......someone on a off road forum said "I have never been so proud of some other persons kids as I am right now."

The other stuff is cool, and that guy seems to run a music school like they should all be run ( collaborate and grow as an artist by jamming with others that FEEL music like they are walking down a street) but that group is not trying to play tool......they are just trying to keep up with each other.

Everyone knows I'm a Tool fan.....and there are a bunch of vids of "kids" just rocking whatever at a pretty high level........but getting a teen vocal, bass and a drummer to hit all those spots on a song like that.....

ya..wow is right.
8-)

I think there might be some hope for my "flavor" of music in the next decade or so after all.
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

There aren't many bands that sound like Tool specifically, but if you can't find new stuff that you like as much as the old stuff, it doesn't mean that it's not out there, it just means that you're ... old.

Get off my lawn.