Influx of <CP> players.

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Influx of <CP> players.

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I'll say it. To the new members coming to the EA server. Some of your forefathers have left a bad taste in our mouths. No doubt your welcome to play, but keep in mind, its not your option to redirect in game chat to suit your needs. Keep an eye on excessive spamming. We are at our limit with <CP> shenanigings. I believe you will be held to higher standards of game play and stern warnings, to include swift kicks from game play.

Enjoy.
These are my feelings and do not represent the opinions of the Administrators.

Sarge.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Re: Influx of <CP> players.

Post by Hav3n »

Last edited by Hav3n on February 3rd, 2014, 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Not a fact as that is an invalid comparison. When you all started this, the experience was already there. Before this CP stuff, there were games (who knows how many) where you did not have any tags, nor did you have knowledge of the weapons, maps or even your opponents so naturally your score will be worse. Even if the number of games played per username (+/- CP) were the same, the above would still apply as the first account was played where you went from a skill level of Noob, Noobish, Should Know How to Play and then Knows How, Falsely Accused Hacker, POS HACKER. The CP tagged names *should* atleast be Knows How.

I may not spell worth a shit, but I know numbers ;)

Oh, those are all official DC skill level ranks BTW. Fact.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i couldnt think of the right way to respond to this claim of Havens, until i found this clip on youtube :

BROTHERS IN ARMS
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Dammit Haven. I put this out not as a friggin gauntlet or a who's, who. I just noticed a few more CP tags logging in. This has nothing to with the skill level, but rather the camaraderie of game play and following rules set fourth by the Admins. The CP group seem to feel they can circumvent these rules and do as they please. Then try to defend their erroneous ways and clutter up the forums on how unfair their treated. I don't want to delete this post, but any admin who wishes.to delete some of the "see how good we are" posts. Please feel free.

I just wanted a simple hello fellow players and we'll be watching. Some of us are not admins, but we do have a track record of being good and fair players that the admins will listen too, without doubting what they are told.

Sarge Out.

With Great Speed
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Hav3n wrote:Interesting fact of the day: Players tend raise their lethality (score/min) after adding the <CP> tag.
Your actual thesis might still be true -- that players with the CP tag raise their score/min -- but the numbers you're using aren't what proves or disproves that. In addition to what Nightstalker is saying that "your most recent play is expected to be better than your former play" -- on the theory that you get better with experience -- the numbers are also not being consistent in the length of time covered.

For example Sofa King played 47 hours with the <CP> tag, and has a score/min of .36 within that time frame. Prior to adding the <CP> tag, he played 425 hours with a score/min average for that entire period of time of .34. But Sofa King very well could have been playing with a score/min of .75 for the last 47 hours of those 425 because he's that dammed good now after 400 hours of playing. But then as soon as he donned the <CP> tag, in the next 47 hours he plummeted to .36. You want to assume the difference of .34 and .36 means "got better in the time played with the <CP> tag", when in reality the numbers might mean exactly the opposite.

These particular statistics aren't granular enough to show that data you need for players who have long histories, and for players with short histories the general expectation is "their most recent play will be their most experienced play" regardless of whether they changed to the <CP> tag or not.

-Trench
Limbersiren

Post by Limbersiren »

This post is incredibly pretentious and, quite frankly, rather inappropriate sarge.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Limbersiren, who are you?
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Nightstalker I do believe he is a <CP>. He came to the aid of one of his <CP> brothers whos name shall not be mentioned.
As for Limbuger:
What is inappropriate is the amount of bullcrap some of the more high profile <CP> members brought to this server. This was a smooth running server and forum. The biggest complaint this site ever had was a dispute on how much diesel exhaust is adequate to disrupt a group on bicycles. That was years ago. Since the <CP> Clan has been participating in game play, there is not one day that goes by without complaints on sportsmanship, chat spamming and all around bitching. You guys have even bad mouth the EA 117 server to fellow clansmen during game play. Out of the whole friggin <CP> group I feel there is about three I would keep here and that's about it! The remark about this post being pretentious is way off base. If you consider the truth pretentious, then so be it.

I could have responded in anger and told you the Army way "fuck off" but everyone here knows I would never do such a thing.

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

you have every right to voice an opinion sarge, as does anyone else in this community.
its kinda funny how, when us regs, who behave in here, say something about this CP stuff, we get frowned upon by them....and yet if it is said that they are saying to much its' omg, omg...look...rodney king all over again' (ok, maybe that was in bad taste, but you get my drift)

never mind sarge......you to will get told youre on the 'shitlist', as i was once told because i didnt want to add their tag......lmfao.

and i dont doubt that this other person who jumps to their defense is infact just one of the leaders of CP, acting as another person..............

this CP crap is nothing more than a bad soap opera....never ending drama....pathetic plot.......drawn out to long........***YAWN***
BROTHERS IN ARMS
fromage

Post by fromage »

Demonic wrote:you have every right to voice an opinion sarge, as does anyone else in this community.
its kinda funny how, when us regs, who behave in here, say something about this CP stuff, we get frowned upon by them....and yet if it is said that they are saying to much its' omg, omg...look...rodney king all over again' (ok, maybe that was in bad taste, but you get my drift)

never mind sarge......you to will get told youre on the 'shitlist', as i was once told because i didnt want to add their tag......lmfao.

and i dont doubt that this other person who jumps to their defense is infact just one of the leaders of CP, acting as another person..............

this CP crap is nothing more than a bad soap opera....never ending drama....pathetic plot.......drawn out to long........***YAWN***
The only soap opera is in your head. There is literally no connection among these "CP" players other than a few letters and symbols. It seems like the drama queens are people posting up hate posts like you & Sarge.

Aren't you guys trying to foster a fun sense of gaming here on this server? All I see is the hate.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Lol. Your one of the three I would keep. It just seems to me the admins are running a daycare center. We didn't need to until the <CP> moniker appeared. I for one will now sit back and voluntary monitor and record game play instead of playing for awhile. It will be a nice change. Instead of ramming Rye with my plane.....by accident.

I didn't think this thread would get so out of hand. A simple heads up and I ruffled the clan. Tough. I have commanded men and I can say, these Admins have shown great restraint in their actions. I commend them. This is damn insubordination and failure to obey a direct command. My God you guys are lucky.

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Sorry cheeseypuff....... but you guys are the drama queens. :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
ButtBreathSenior

Post by ButtBreathSenior »

Demonic,
I could not agree more. When I started playing this server it was a great place to play, cut up and have fun. I'm good with all of that....within reason. Tonight I was accused of being "scared"...of what I'm not really sure. I guess because I dropped my "tag" I'm an embarrassment to my "fellow" clan members. Well...I have news for you...I'm NOT nor have I really EVER been ANY actual clan member. I will do things to get a rise sometimes out of anyone...can take as well as give out. Not mad with ANYONE here. LOVE to play here but it certainly is not my life although I do spend a lot of it here. I've never actually spoken to anyone here or emailed or texted..but look at a lot of guys here as certainly friends. As far as any of you know (or wish) I could be a 75 year old transexual sitting here pulling my pud. I'm probably older than most here and like some here,have seen and been involved in things that some of you will never see in your lifetime. Certainly doesn't make me more of a man or better than any of the rest of you...but to ask me about being scared of someone is so far off the mark it's hilarious. This is only one thing I do to relieve some stress.Although Rye and I share the same career I get involved in some quite interesting things...my day yesterday was helping drain a pond and checking remains found to determine if it was human or animal..so far all animal but it'll be another day or two before we can check the entire bottom for what we're looking for. So there are plenty of things I spend my free time on...but I have to admit I enjoy Killing people online more so than trying to find real remains of someone. I love to cutup...as most know...but any comments I make are certainly meant for humor only..not to really piss anyone off or upset them. Never been scared of being banned as I do my best to follow ther rules..I do keep one big thing in mind though...it's NOT my server. It does NOT cost me one red cent to play on it. While all of us are certainly entitled to share our opinion it's NOT ok to disrupt the game or try and play a "we against they" situation. It's probably good I'm not an admin as I think I have less tolerance for drama than most admins on here...thus my new tag. Lets all get back to doing what we enjoy and came here for...killing each other. It's not a "us against them" server or game and if I were the owner I'd shut it down before it gets to that point. We have a good server here and I've played on a few so I know what I'm talking about. Noone is perfect including admins. It's called being human. Lets drop all this bullshit regarding CP and get back to business. If you agree then become drama free and lets get back to business. If not I would suggest you find another server that might suit drama better. My .25 cents worth.
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Nightstalker wrote:Not a fact as that is an invalid comparison.
Trench wrote:The numbers you're using aren't what proves or disproves that.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Those quotes are completely understandable......... :15:

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Sarge. Of anyone on this board, you baffle me the most. I'm never sure if my sarcasm confuses or irritates you.

Let's just stare at each other for a little while until we come to an understanding on the matter.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Lol. I must remain an enigma. I will be the shadow figure you thought you saw in the corner of your eye. buuwaaaahhhhhhaaaa. Duckweed.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Lol. I must remain an enigma. I will be the shadow figure you thought you saw in the corner of your eye. buuwaaaahhhhhhaaaa. Duckweed.

Duckweed you say? Might as well post a picture to make y'all happy. Of course you are going to blame the phone again, aren't you? ;)
duckweed-ashlandjpeg-b0f62499d8aed73a.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Grrrrr...I need a slower finger. You set a goal NS. I have to get to two million now.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I only joke because I have the same issue. I hate these touchscreen phones. What happened to buttons. And not the kind you push Sarge. :?
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

We all start somewhere! This is me as a youngin! I was such a dork!

fromage

Post by fromage »

ButtBreathSenior wrote:Demonic,
I could not agree more. When I started playing this server it was a great place to play, cut up and have fun. I'm good with all of that....within reason. Tonight I was accused of being "scared"...of what I'm not really sure. I guess because I dropped my "tag" I'm an embarrassment to my "fellow" clan members. Well...I have news for you...I'm NOT nor have I really EVER been ANY actual clan member. I will do things to get a rise sometimes out of anyone...can take as well as give out. Not mad with ANYONE here. LOVE to play here but it certainly is not my life although I do spend a lot of it here. I've never actually spoken to anyone here or emailed or texted..but look at a lot of guys here as certainly friends. As far as any of you know (or wish) I could be a 75 year old transexual sitting here pulling my pud. I'm probably older than most here and like some here,have seen and been involved in things that some of you will never see in your lifetime. Certainly doesn't make me more of a man or better than any of the rest of you...but to ask me about being scared of someone is so far off the mark it's hilarious. This is only one thing I do to relieve some stress.Although Rye and I share the same career I get involved in some quite interesting things...my day yesterday was helping drain a pond and checking remains found to determine if it was human or animal..so far all animal but it'll be another day or two before we can check the entire bottom for what we're looking for. So there are plenty of things I spend my free time on...but I have to admit I enjoy Killing people online more so than trying to find real remains of someone. I love to cutup...as most know...but any comments I make are certainly meant for humor only..not to really piss anyone off or upset them. Never been scared of being banned as I do my best to follow ther rules..I do keep one big thing in mind though...it's NOT my server. It does NOT cost me one red cent to play on it. While all of us are certainly entitled to share our opinion it's NOT ok to disrupt the game or try and play a "we against they" situation. It's probably good I'm not an admin as I think I have less tolerance for drama than most admins on here...thus my new tag. Lets all get back to doing what we enjoy and came here for...killing each other. It's not a "us against them" server or game and if I were the owner I'd shut it down before it gets to that point. We have a good server here and I've played on a few so I know what I'm talking about. Noone is perfect including admins. It's called being human. Lets drop all this bullshit regarding CP and get back to business. If you agree then become drama free and lets get back to business. If not I would suggest you find another server that might suit drama better. My .25 cents worth.
You go gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl! Two snaps and a shake.