System Specs

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Re: System Specs

Post by BlinkofanEye »

I meant to write neo Nazi but the gods of autocorrect smiled upon me

But yeah…main props go to our resident genius BD for the creation of animalisation
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Hey bang, tip for your edit of oil rigs: just select all and hit delete. Perfeccction
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

BlinkofanEye wrote: July 15th, 2021, 8:54 am Hey bang, tip for your edit of oil rigs: just select all and hit delete. Perfeccction
Is oil Riggs a combo of Sea Riggs and Oil Fields or..?
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

This is animalization. Admin plz help!
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

BlinkofanEye wrote: July 15th, 2021, 4:23 pm This is animalization. Admin plz help!
Don’t summon the animalization admin!
Col. Kilgore
United States of America

Post by Col. Kilgore »

Upgraded to an LG 24" LED monitor. Running abt 2015 technology now vs pre-2010 before, good thing this game can run on a toaster.
Col. Kilgore
aka 00 Buck Shot
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Wait a second….Trench…what’s up with the two different flavors of Febreeze? Is the stank ass really that bad???
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Oh so that’s what was smelling..
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

BlinkofanEye wrote: November 15th, 2021, 12:08 am Wait a second….Trench…what’s up with the two different flavors of Febreeze? Is the stank ass really that bad???
It's seasonal. One is for when you fart near Thanksgiving, and the other is when you fart near Christmas.

Non-holiday seasons, you just let it linger.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Did you *have* to let it linger?

Or as my brother and I preferred...Did you have to smell my finnggeeerrrr....\

Nice to hear from you, been missing your punctuation on the nightly.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

My new setup in the man-shed. Walls are all reflectix foamboard because I'm stuck on trying to figure out how to properly ventilate my 10x12x7 airtight cube without losing all the heat in winter because I need air replacement every 15 minutes for CO2. But other than that this is my ideal setup. I plug in that little USB light over my keyboard because I pull my monitor really close for DC, such that it blocks out the bendy office light above my monitor from lighting up my keyboard so that I can't see the keys well enough to type long messages while playing.
shed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Pliers and strangle cords are a far cry from what I keep beside my desk when I'm looking at your profile Blink... <3 you too buddy!

I believe a bit of air leakage in a structure is a good thing but it can be inefficient and bump your energy bills.
Being air tight, you need some kind of HRV system to try and salvage the energy you will be kicking out of the room.
Now you could spend a bunch of money on an engineered system:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/VENTS-71-CF ... /301360043

Or you can bubba something up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLC-8Bd6-xk

If you go the bubba route, I would recommend running PVC from floor to ceiling for your intake/exhaust. This would just mean more foil pipe in the PVC and would provide more sustained contact between the warm exhaust air and incoming fresh air. Since you need 120V power initially, I would just run the fans on a cheap programmable timer. Experiment until you get a good cycle going.
If you REALLY want to get crazy... get some copper tubing going too and run that cold fresh air through your PC tower to pick up some heat too.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Thanks for the HRV link Hairy. Yeah, I actually already built mine, but I didn't realize that the fucking tolerances are super low because, surprisingly, once you get a small enough airtight room, you actually need *more* CFM to keep the CO2 cycled out, because you don't have enough of a "bank" of fresh air to start with. I spent fucking $500 on a DIY ventilator and was just constantly fighting friction to get enough airflow, and once I got close enough I'd lost all exchange efficiency. I'm actually needing something with a normal (not turbo mode or whatever) around the CFM of that Home Depot one you posted (70-80 baseline.) I'm continuing to experiment...but yeah, airtight wasn't the best idea. In retrospect I would've built out the walls with a proper frame, Tyveked them, and done F/g. But oh well, hindsight is...well, you know...
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

haha that sucks Blink!
I've been there too though. "Oh this thing at the store is $200 but I can build it for $100!" but then I don't spend enough time on design and research, it doesn't work right, $100 in new parts later...