DC Urban Siege possible changes

DC Urban Siege: what to change, what to keep the same?

Change: Make south of river out of bounds
23%
Same: Make the entire map accessible
15%
Change: Remove strykers
8%
Same: Keep strykers
23%
Change: Lower the air spawn initial height
No votes
Same: Don't change the air spawn initial height
31%

Total votes: 13

jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

DC Urban Siege possible changes

Post by jolly_giada »

Hi all,

I'm humbled by your response to the brand new DC Urban Siege CTF mod.

Thank you for your open-mindedness.

So far, the numbers reflect its success. The first night we ran it, got to 21 ppl. Last Friday night, we started gaming at 11:20PM ET, when the server usually quiets down for the night. We started w/ 11 people. We ended at 17 people at midnight! Last night, similarly, started gaming at 11:00PM ET, Al Nas was kind of quiet at 12 people. Ended up at 14 w/ DC Urban Siege at 11:30PM ET.

Always a good sign when a map finishes with more people than when it started :-)

However, it is still a *beta*, and I'd welcome your feedback on how to make a good experience even better. Please let me know what you think of these changes. *Also*, feel free to suggest your own changes. I'm all ears.

Best,
Jolly
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: DC Urban Siege possible changes

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Submitted my feedback in your poll. Great map jolly! All in all I give it an A- for an SSM. It’s fun, quick and new, all good things 😄👍🏻
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

Jolly.

As you asked me yesterday, follow my opinion about your map, DC Urban Siege CTF.
Particularly, I really liked the map.

It is a new option in the rotation of maps, in addition, this map is dynamic, fast and can bring many good moments of fun.
I participated in the survey above to help in the opinion about what should be changed or not.
For example, I saw players complaining about the Stryker, but even with the presence of this weapon, the other team managed to capture the flags.

As this is a map with several access routes to the flag, it is not at all easy to defend, this is one of the reasons to keep Stryker.
In addition, it is an excellent map for snipers to massacre the poor defenders.
Another thing that I personally felt was that twice I played it, I was alone in defense of the flag, and that is not easy in this type of map. In this case, teams need to organize themselves to maintain a minimum number of defenders, this will make fighting for the flag more intense and prevent the opposing team from taking the flag with ease.
Of course, this last position of mine refers to team conduct, which is necessary due to the nature of the map.

Finally, it's a great map and I recommend that we always play.

Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
THE_Highway Man
United States of America

Post by THE_Highway Man »

i would like to see car bombs.
No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.
– Thomas Jefferson
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

I confirmed that the map is biased toward the blue team. The median margin of victory over all rounds with at least 14 people is one flag. The result is statistically significant.

I’m not really sure how to make it more balanced. I would certainly welcome ideas.

1.have all spawn points begin as controlled by red.

2. disable red vehicles for blue players. In other words, the pick up trucks are only accessible by red players.

3. Move the red pick up trucks further away from the red flag so they can’t as easily be used as getaway vehicles.

Other ideas very much welcome. Thanks!
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I think a big part of it is that blue's main is very open while red's is not. Easier to defend when you have tons of high ground around the flag.
Maybe make red's main the market.
THE_Highway Man
United States of America

That's what i was thinking too, moving the Red CTF flag
– Thomas Jefferson
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

I had thought putting it in the center of the "temple" was a cool novelty, but am open minded to change it. Note it's way more work to move the red flag, as it means essentially coding up a new main base which takes a lot of time/work. For now, moving the red pickup trucks further away from the red flag seems like the simplest solution to reducing blue's advantage.

The market is IMO too close to blue main/docks.

The two alternatives I see are:

1. Along the river, on the north side. Basically one square east and one square south of the temple.

2. Highrise.

I prefer 1. for now?
THE_Highway Man
United States of America

Put the CTF red flag on top of the High rise LOL :P
– Thomas Jefferson