Wish us luck

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Wish us luck

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Hey Gents, I was hoping to post a thread about my hot new tiny house/man cave and my new standing desk that makes me thaaat much better at Nas, but then my fifteen month old daughter got cancer.

Tomorrow we'll be headed to Mayo Clinic in Rochester (1.5 hour drive from home) to start her first of four rounds of chemotherapy. Five days on, then sixteen days off, rinse and repeat until fall. Imagine it's going to be a ride...But apparently the kind of cancer she has is very treatable and my wife was very diligent about getting her an MRI early so we caught it before it metastasized or got into anything vital.

Winter, our daughter, is fricken amazing, so I'm scared that the so long on such an intense regimen will dampen her awesome spirit. She loves to climb and explore and is super smart and advanced physically for her age. We'll do our best to make being in a hospital hooked up to tubes and getting harrassed by hot nurses as fun as it can be for a very physical, wild girl. Then it'll be watching her at home so she stays clean and doesn't get exposed to too much bacteria and other stuff because her immune system will be tapped out from the chemo.

While I'm at Mayo for the next week I'll see if I can find a quiet place to drop in and show Brain Damage some new stuff for his Nas tutorial pdfs. :6:
sausage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Re: Wish us luck

Post by jolly_giada »

Blink: terribly sorry to hear this awful news. Mayo is an outstanding medical center, I'm sure she is in the best hands and wish you and your family strength and a full recovery for your daughter. Stay strong.

J
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Blink.

I am so so sorry that your family has to go through this. Being in America, despite what every one says... we have the best doctors in the world. Tons of foreign leaders travel here to have operations and receive treatment. She is in the best hands. Stay strong, we are with you and will be with you the whole way.

I'm glad you found out early, and that it is very treatable... that's some good news.

Keep us updated... I'll let you know how my sausage excursions are going when life returns to normal for you, your wife, and your lovely daughter Winter!
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

You made one cute baby Blink!

We had a scare with my son while he was still in the womb, I can't imagine getting to actually meet and hang out with your kid then finding out something like this.
Cancer doesn't absolutely mean a death sentence nor long term problems though Blink. I wish you luck, and keep us posted!
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

A kid that cute, you can't seriously believe that you're the father? 😜

Everybody getting handed their trials in life. Sorry yours has to include this one. Is States-side now the primary plan? Seems like you had mentioned pursuing European treatment, and just wondered if that was still in the cards as well.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Yeah we’re staying at Mayo for now. I wasn’t a fan of the Germany option since it would’ve meant leaving everything I have going here and we don’t really know how long this’ll take.

At Mayo now getting ready for Winter to have her hemp port surgically installed. That way they don’t have to set an IV every time which would’ve been a nightmare.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Trench wrote: July 12th, 2021, 7:32 am A kid that cute, you can't seriously believe that you're the father? 😜
My balls are filled with rainbows and sunshine
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

E92D47CF-0A3E-42B8-8435-5448B0E50891.jpeg
Winter just finished her tumor removal surgery. Surgeon took out part of her sacrum (her tailbone was already taken out from tumor she was born with,) and so far it seems everything went well. They didn’t touch the poop tube or Knick the spinal cord thank god. Winters sleeping now and will probably not be on a great mood for the next while but we’ll probably be able to go home in a day or two. Let’s hope this is it and no more recurrences. Was a pretty scary day…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Good to hear it went smoothly Blink.
She'll bounce back quick. Kids heal fast.
My wife's niece got her fingertip cut off in a door playing with her sister as a toddler. The entire thing grew back, nail and all.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

So far she has been bouncing back super fast. Perked right up when I busted out the pasta I pre cooked for our hospital stay. Although some things don’t grow back, like the vertebrae and associated nerves they took out near the tumor. There’s a chance she’ll have full bladder/bowel/sexual function, but there’s also a chance she won’t. Can only wait and see.

I guess though that I should be glad my beautiful daughter could potentially not only not enjoy sex with but also accidentally shit on her future boyfriends? I know, I know, too soon.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Yep in true Blink style, that went to a weird place.
But I wouldn't be thankful for that! You have to accept that at some point someone is going to bang your baby girl. Better to teach her to have standards for that day. Basic human instinct my man, survival and reproduction.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Yeah I know I was just playing with the stereotype of the overprotective dad. I hope her mushy works good.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)