Things you would like to see improved in DC/DCF

Black Mamba

Things you would like to see improved in DC/DCF

Post by Black Mamba »

Here you can post things that you would like to see improved in DC and DCF. I'll start:

1) The grenade launchers. It really sucks having your face blasted off in a 1v1 firefight by these things or spawning and getting blown to pieces by a grenade launcher projectile from the other side of the map. I think the projectile is way too fast and powerful. I would give it the same trajectory as the grenade launcher projectile in BF2: it's slower and the damage is lower.

2) The shotguns. I love using them, but the American shotgun is overpowered. I think the biggest problem is its range, I would cut it by half (same thing for the Iraqi one). The damage is also a bit high.

3) Vanilla assets in some maps, like Lost Village (which is like 95% vanilla assets). I don't understand why so many vanilla building meshes are used in this map. Seems to me it would be better used as a custom map for BF1942 than in DC.

4) The third-person camera for soldiers. I would remove it completely. You can use it to see behind walls, and that to me is cheating. Sure, you can do the same with a tank, or with any vehicle that has outside cameras enabled, but it's much easier to do as an infantry.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Re: Things you would like to see improved in DC/DCF

Post by BlinkofanEye »

I’d be curious to hear more on this one. None of stuff you mentioned black mamba bugs me. Except for saiga maybe being a little OP.

I really hate the c4/detonator switch over. I dunno if the animation is out of sync (also with reload animations?) or what but I can almost never do it right without switching to back to my c4 throwing hand again. Drives me nuts.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Yeah, "toss C4 and then switch to the detonator and detonate" scenario is a slow-motion train wreck for me most times, rather than the milliseconds-long operation it seems to be when anyone uses it against me.

I assumed it was my mouse, like the right-click "sticking" or something. Hitting the buttons I expect should be "toss, switch, detonate" 4 times out of 5 results in "toss, switch, switch, toss." Or in some cases just never switches, that I can see anyway, and results in "toss, toss" when I think I'm detonating.

Those with programmable keys I assume have no idea what we're talking about.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Totally agree with both of you. I always take at least 5 clicks before I can properly detonate the c4 lol.

Other things I would want improved is.. the lack of Camo, and realism in some of the maps. Obviously you all know by now that Bang takes his map making a little too serious...

But it would be nice to have some basic camo or some more realism in some of the maps. Whether that be more objects, better textures, better weather, more sounds... it's nice to have a slight bit of realism in the game.

Side note: Saiga is definitely a notch above all other guns. Same with VSS. Hind doesn't fly too great either..

Still the best mod out there :)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Trench wrote: July 20th, 2021, 12:20 pm I assumed it was my mouse, like the right-click "sticking" or something. Hitting the buttons I expect should be "toss, switch, detonate" 4 times out of 5 results in "toss, switch, switch, toss." Or in some cases just never switches, that I can see anyway, and results in "toss, toss" when I think I'm detonating.
I'm ok with your problem.