BangBangOw's and Demonic's hot dog measuring contest

Demonic
Australia

BangBangOw's and Demonic's hot dog measuring contest

Post by Demonic »

I have tried to break it down as much as possible, but i will try to dig even further.
Lets take Gazala for 1 example....i am not sure who did the modding, if it was 1 or more people involved, but it has an even spread of vehicles for both teams in my opinion........as we seem to play it mostly CTF ( which is fine ) the attack on the flag can be done by anything, even the turbo hummer.
And because it is a large map, none of what has been added, has changed the dynamic of the map.

That right there is the key, and i think i touched on it earlier in the post.
When extra vehicles are added to a map that doesnt really need them, it becomes over kill....and in turn becomes a camp fest and chance for people to just rack up points. No fun for anyone.
Market garden is such a map.....2 bombers, howitzers, scuds, C-130....to much for a map that size.......with in 3 minutes of playing it the first time, i logged off, shaking my head.

I would have to go each map one by one, in order to see what else there is.
Floating boats in the sky are yester-year stuff......gimmik and nothing more....and this server, to my understanding, is not about gimmik modding.

As you said yourself Jolly, the more input we can get from others, the better......and that is what i am trying to do here.
Sadly though, that can be like getting blood from a stone at times, which is a double standard if those same people complain about a certain map on the server lol If they can get on here and share their input, it will take the guessing game out of maps being modded.
So perhaps, when one map is about to be modded, we all inform players on the server of it, and if they would like to have an input, to get on the forum. ( Again, my idea of modding one at a time comes in to play here )

But, us regs giving input for certain maps will do no good at all, if some dont want to work as team and continue modding maps to their liking only.

And again, sometimes a subtle change could be all thats needed....something like, adding the WW2 kits on the weapons wall, more of the WW2 vehicles on certain maps ( some might need a little speed added though, to compete with DC vehicles) even if you replaced ALL DC vehicles, weapons and aircraft for one map, might make it interesting.....just an idea.
The WW2 sniper rifles were modded one time, to be like the 50 cal......people like Otto, Spin and Sanchez might find it interesting, because those carried less ammo and took a little more time to reload ;)

I will add more ideas as they come to me, but even when i am making a map, my first thought is 'balance'....not balance for both teams.....balance for the map that it is....balancing the teams is the easy part.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: Mod Requests

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Demonic wrote: May 14th, 2022, 7:44 am I have tried to break it down as much as possible, but i will try to dig even further.
Lets take Gazala for 1 example....i am not sure who did the modding, if it was 1 or more people involved, but it has an even spread of vehicles for both teams in my opinion........as we seem to play it mostly CTF ( which is fine ) the attack on the flag can be done by anything, even the turbo hummer.
And because it is a large map, none of what has been added, has changed the dynamic of the map.

That right there is the key, and i think i touched on it earlier in the post.
When extra vehicles are added to a map that doesnt really need them, it becomes over kill....and in turn becomes a camp fest and chance for people to just rack up points. No fun for anyone.
Market garden is such a map.....2 bombers, howitzers, scuds, C-130....to much for a map that size.......with in 3 minutes of playing it the first time, i logged off, shaking my head.

I would have to go each map one by one, in order to see what else there is.
Floating boats in the sky are yester-year stuff......gimmik and nothing more....and this server, to my understanding, is not about gimmik modding.

As you said yourself Jolly, the more input we can get from others, the better......and that is what i am trying to do here.
Sadly though, that can be like getting blood from a stone at times, which is a double standard if those same people complain about a certain map on the server lol If they can get on here and share their input, it will take the guessing game out of maps being modded.
So perhaps, when one map is about to be modded, we all inform players on the server of it, and if they would like to have an input, to get on the forum. ( Again, my idea of modding one at a time comes in to play here )

But, us regs giving input for certain maps will do no good at all, if some dont want to work as team and continue modding maps to their liking only.

And again, sometimes a subtle change could be all thats needed....something like, adding the WW2 kits on the weapons wall, more of the WW2 vehicles on certain maps ( some might need a little speed added though, to compete with DC vehicles) even if you replaced ALL DC vehicles, weapons and aircraft for one map, might make it interesting.....just an idea.
The WW2 sniper rifles were modded one time, to be like the 50 cal......people like Otto, Spin and Sanchez might find it interesting, because those carried less ammo and took a little more time to reload ;)

I will add more ideas as they come to me, but even when i am making a map, my first thought is 'balance'....not balance for both teams.....balance for the map that it is....balancing the teams is the easy part.
You can shake your head at that Market mod all you want. I also thought you said you would play ANY map, apparently not lol

Had the most players on the server in quite some time while playing that map during the event where I released it. 30+ on Market Garden. :D

Almost everyone but 2 people said it was awesome :)

HHD loved it, Hello DC event loved it, our event here loved it.

Market CTF is a good mod. Dead stop. You can make fun of the crap bang mods like Kharkov (Horrible, works in vanilla, tried it for dc was a fail), cornered (needs rehaul not good)... Not Market or Bridge by any means.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol so much for trying to be civil with constructive in-put....
You can shake your head at that Market mod all you want.
Just because 'Bang' loves it and a handle of others, does not mean the overall game play works.....and yes i will shake my head at it all i want, because it is overly modded compared to other CTF maps we have.
I also thought you said you would play ANY map, apparently not lol
Talk about opening the door for a whoop ass here lol..want me to kick it wide open for you ?! for the record, i can play on any map, providing it, again, is not overly modded...something you fail to see...oh, its because 'Bang' loves it and a few others, so it must be ok lol

And i thought you wanted feed back and can handle criticism ?
Which one's are your favorite?
Which one's do you hate?
Anything I should change?
your own words.....and this ?!
I’d be more than happy to add another crappy bang mod onto the server

Although all of bangs are in the OKAY category, since well we know who makes them
Do you need a tissue, a hug, or do you think you will be ok ?!

Again, i have tried to be civil and give feed back where i see it...but i will not put up with some antagonistic #$%^.

Keep this in mind Bang, the next time i see you breaking the server rules......or complaining in open chat during the game that a couple of admins here, don't do shit.......or as you questioned me once, about what ive done for this server ?! at the time i laughed it off, because i was trying to have a laugh......but then i realized you were not only disrespecting me, but every other regular who has been playing here for over 10 years...that includes Patches......someone who only wanted to log on, have some fun and laughs with his friends, despite his illness.....without him, or the rest of us, you most likely would not have the EA117 to be a testing ground for you mods......

Show some respect !!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

all, please see
viewtopic.php?t=6833
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Demonic wrote: May 14th, 2022, 11:17 am

Again, i have tried to be civil and give feed back where i see it...but i will not put up with some antagonistic #$%^.

Keep this in mind Bang, the next time i see you breaking the server rules......or complaining in open chat during the game that a couple of admins here, don't do shit.......or as you questioned me once, about what ive done for this server ?! at the time i laughed it off, because i was trying to have a laugh......but then i realized you were not only disrespecting me, but every other regular who has been playing here for over 10 years...that includes Patches......someone who only wanted to log on, have some fun and laughs with his friends, despite his illness.....without him, or the rest of us, you most likely would not have the EA117 to be a testing ground for you mods......

Show some respect !!
What have you done for the server Demonic?

I’d like to know, I really would. I’m sure it’s an extensive list and everyone here is waiting for Bang to be shocked at how much effort and time you’ve put into this thing.

Also this isn’t a “testing ground”, I test them on my own server and Trench and I have a process of playing them on mine before we give it a go here. I’ve also ran events on MY server with my mods before putting them here. Bridge and Market I had a ton of people play them before ever putting them here.

My Bridge mod was actually a gift for Trench. I remembered way back one night (2 years ago or so) I asked what his favorite map was, and he said Bridge… we never EVER played bridge, and I thought as a gift to the main man behind our great server here… that I’d spend 25 hours or so learning weapon walls and SSM modding to bring his favorite map to life. I did that and I’m proud.

My bridge mod was even featured recently on Classic PC Games YouTube channel during one of my hosted events.

phpBB [video]

I can’t recall if this was an event on my Hello clan server or on here. I haven’t watched it enough. However this is the Bridge mod I made, specifically for Trench. It’s shown it’s worth, and so have I.

Am I perfect? No.
Am I a tard sometimes? Yes.

I’ve put in admin level effort, while being just an active player and forum poster.

Events, Mods, Custom Maps and options to run these, Discord server, recruiting…

I’m happy to do it all. I even offered/asked Trench multiple times if he needed help with donations. I would pitch into that in a heart beat. No questions asked. I love this server and will not let it go away without a fight.

I’ve played on here for 8 years actively, and the first time I played on the server was when I was 10, so 11 years ago. I played with my stepdad who used to rock DC a ton back then. I have an older forum account from 2016 with the same Bang Bang name. I also had one prior around 2014, made one post etc etc… I've been here a long time Demonic.

I want to know what YOU’VE done. Please let me know.

Also side note wasn’t Patches wearing something in his name similar to my name now…? I’m also the only one still sporting in.. maybe in honor to him?

Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

I will try and keep this short....firstly.......no one here answers to you Bang, despite the ' god complex ' you clearly have....sorry to burst your little bubble if you thought i was going to give you a list of things Dem has done :D

Secondly, if you are talking about the CP tag you have on your name in regards to Patches, why not take a few minutes of your 'godly' time to read how many people who wore that tag, ended up in the 'Unban me' section of this forum...its not something i would be proud of wearing lmao

Thirdly, if you have been playing here as long as you say you have, then you surely know the server rules by now, correct ?! IE: no killing in uncap, unless sniping, no team wounding ?! i guess some take longer than others to let it register in their mind....unless you did it, because you knew there were no admins on....makes it worse.....

i am more than happy with the little discussion we exchanged :D :D......it showed me all i needed to see :D :D i will let you ponder on what exactly i meant by that. ;)
Dem is done with this subject...... :D :D :D :33:
BROTHERS IN ARMS
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: May 15th, 2022, 1:03 am
… that I’d spend 25 hours or so learning weapon walls...
While I don't have a dog in this fight otherwise...did you not ask me for the coding for the weapons wall and I provided it to you?

~ tona
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

tonawandares wrote: May 15th, 2022, 9:22 am
BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: May 15th, 2022, 1:03 am
… that I’d spend 25 hours or so learning weapon walls...
While I don't have a dog in this fight otherwise...did you not ask me for the coding for the weapons wall and I provided it to you?

~ tona
I did ask you how you did it.

This was after I had made my very first version of bridge.

I was originally using the BFMODS tutorial, but I never got it to work. Also on bridge, you don't get a ton of objectspawner templates to work with, as I was learning SSM, I was like well to incorporate everything I wanted, need to consolidate it into 1 template. Your version allows for that, I had mine split into two object templates... and it just wasn't working.

Plus, I wanted it to mirror all the other maps that have it. Nas, Coastal, Berlin etc. So, I asked for a version of yours. However, I did waste 25+ hours trying it myself before asking...
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Demonic wrote: May 15th, 2022, 6:59 am
I will try and keep this short....firstly.......no one here answers to you Bang, despite the ' god complex ' you clearly have....sorry to burst your little bubble if you thought i was going to give you a list of things Dem has done :D

Secondly, if you are talking about the CP tag you have on your name in regards to Patches, why not take a few minutes of your 'godly' time to read how many people who wore that tag, ended up in the 'Unban me' section of this forum...its not something i would be proud of wearing lmao

Thirdly, if you have been playing here as long as you say you have, then you surely know the server rules by now, correct ?! IE: no killing in uncap, unless sniping, no team wounding ?! i guess some take longer than others to let it register in their mind....unless you did it, because you knew there were no admins on....makes it worse.....

i am more than happy with the little discussion we exchanged :D :D......it showed me all i needed to see :D :D i will let you ponder on what exactly i meant by that. ;)
Dem is done with this subject...... :D :D :D :33:
Lot's of effort into the server I see.

Thank you for explaining to me what you've done for the server, I didn't know the list was so extensive. My apologies for ever questioning your dedication and effort here. ;)
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol And thank you for being disrespectful to 2 admins, and the long time regulars who simply logged on to this server to keep it alive. I am sure they appreciate you questioning their dedication to this server :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Demonic wrote: May 15th, 2022, 12:09 pm lol And thank you for being disrespectful to 2 admins, and the long time regulars who simply logged on to this server to keep it alive. I am sure they appreciate you questioning their dedication to this server :D :D :D
Yeah I’m disrespectful to all the long time regulars. Yep.

You make no sense, I just don’t get it.

I asked what you have done to help the server, was a simple question. You answered with more emojis than useful statements.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lmao...i had already moved on from this lolol
no one here answers to you Bang
in case you didnt catch my response....

again...i am moving on :D :33: :6:
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Demonic wrote: May 15th, 2022, 1:44 pm lmao...i had already moved on from this lolol
no one here answers to you Bang
in case you didnt catch my response....

again...i am moving on :D :33: :6:
Love to see it.

No responses, just “moving on”.

Clutch.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

i've been in high stakes negotiations that were less adversarial than this

we are all on the same team here with the common goal of bettering the server and the game. let's act like it?

let's keep this discussion focused on specific maps and keep the ad hominem language out of it.

take all that great energy and put it toward something constructive :)

viewtopic.php?t=6833
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: BangBangOw's and Demonic's hot dog measuring contest

Post by Trench »

Rather than let the debate spoil the purpose of the Mod Requests thread, we'll just move those posts here. 😁
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Forum wouldn’t be alive without some banter here and there muahhahahaha
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lmao who changed the title to this post ?!
i am confused as to ' hot dog measuring contest'...is this who has a bigger 'hotdog'....or who can stuff the most in at one time and y'all gotta measure it ? i am a demon........we have no limitations......we have no morals......we have no fear.....we can take hotdogs, heads, arms, legs and hands if need be......hell, i even have a lost and found section...................ok i stop......for now :lol: :lol: :6:

yes, my sense of humor is warped :D :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: May 15th, 2022, 1:03 am What have you done for the server Demonic?
I can vouch for Demonic's ability to handle conflict maturely: when he blows up and gets emotional, he's been able to dial it back and resolve the conflict. When Demonic had a problem with me, he contacted me to explain his frustrations, but did so with respect. And despite his strong feelings, he kept it constructive and we had a great talk.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

...which isn't to take sides. I know that, even though I know how to handle conflict, I often temporarily forget how to do so. But I can at least say that Dem knows how to in the back of his push-up addled brain somewhere...
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol Blink...yes we did resolve a lot and i appreciated you explaining your own situation so i was aware of your own personal issues....we moved forward and are better for it ;) ;)

at the end of the day, it comes down to not only keeping EA117 alive, but putting a side ego's and finding the middle ground for EVERYONE here to benefit from it in the long term ;)

with blinks dolphin diving and my pushups, we keep the ground on DC maps leveled out :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Demonic wrote: May 17th, 2022, 6:48 am with blinks dolphin diving and my pushups, we keep the ground on DC maps leveled out
Meanwhile the tracks being left in the dirt look like a deformed walrus dragging an eggplant is on the loose...
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Ahhh.....those are from Spin....trying to sneak into position with his dam 50 cal :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

These damn German stores are charging me 1 euro to go in the bathroom and look at my own eggplant
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

And here, all along, I thought those were from me saggin' teetz...

~ tona
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

why use a bathroom Blinko......just do it out in the open :D.............wait........they have laws against people doing that now ?! ......ummm...oops :o :? :25:
BROTHERS IN ARMS