Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Some food for thought by Otto

Post by Otto Kontrol »

I decided to make my family famous salsa today. It's a pan roasted Arbol chile and flame roasted tomatillo based salsa.

The first picture is of the traditionally hand ground chile paste. The metate (Spanish mortar and pastel) was my wife's mom's and is perfectly worn down. The next 2 are of the paste mixed in with the tomatillos.

The average heat level is 3.5 out of 5. A 3 for my Hispanic wife and a 4 for my lilly white ass.

Too bad no of you will enjoy this glorious ambrosia.

oTTo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Demonic
Australia

Re: Some food for thought by Otto

Post by Demonic »

I think we are all heading to your house shortly brother :D....looks amazing :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

And don't forget - I do from a wheelchair. Which results in the chile fumes directly into my nose LOL.

oTTo
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

noice! so that's what you're doing in that little room by the window in nas mustachio base? eating chips??? here, have a nade!
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

And all this time i thought it was because he just liked to watch...like a peeping Otto....certainly looks dam good though :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am guessing its all gone by now though.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

Hell No Demonic! I have it sealed up and I call my wife out every time I see the level drop :). But in all reality, yes, it will be gone by the end of the weekend.
And Blink, instead of a nade, just come up and sit with me and you can have all the chips and salsa you want. Just let me kill all the OTHER blue fuckers :D

oTTo
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

So roughly how much of it do you normally make in one session?...my wife makes a taco filling, her mom made when she was a kid....that stuff never lasts but a day and half...its one of those foods you can just keeping eating , even though you get full lol
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

It started out as 2 lbs of tomatillos and 10-12 dried chiles. So I would estimate the batch to be about a 1 and a half pounds (maybe a bit less).
Lets just say, for the two of us, this is just like candy! Almost everything and anything will be dipped into it LOL.

oTTo
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Theres nothing better than having something you cant stop eating lol....specially when the preparation is done with care, because you know it will taste even better :D :D :D :D :D
When i first came to the US, my mother in law ( RIP ) would love making me all kinds of foods for me to try....when she finally got to making her deep pit (18 hours in the oven slow cooked) i was addicted to it >: D...thankfully my missus followed in her footsteps and makes incredible food also.

The only thing this Dem can make better than her, is spaghetti sauce.....coz it had a whole bunch of goodies she doesnt use, including a small amount of Wild Turkey >: D...im going to have to remember how i made the stuff.....havent made it in freaking years....making me hungry now lol
BROTHERS IN ARMS