Battlefield 1942 Plus project

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Battlefield 1942 Plus project

Post by Trench »

Tuia posted this over on Team-SiMPLE recently. I haven't had time to try it in conjunction with Desert Combat or PunkBuster, but I it still seems like something you might want to be aware of regardless.

tuia wrote:Battlefield 1942 Plus is a collection of patches to the game created by uuuz, which improve and fix some of the issues with Battlefield 1942. A significant patch is a fix to a recurring crash when the game is minimized. Also, the game no longer switches back resolutions when loading intro videos, menu and game windows, the resolution is the same and can be set. As well as, fixing the ping display to correctly show up to 3 digits in the scoreboard. In addition, you will be able to reconnect faster to the server when there is a map change. There are several other fixes and enhancements listed in the Battlefield 1942 Plus page, check it for more information.

This is an ongoing project, several other enhancements are being worked on and planned to be added later.

To install it, you download dsound.zip file from the Releases page, extract it and just place dsound.dll file in your Battlefield 1942 directory. The game will be patched in memory, when you launch it, and the dll file has the option to update itself when a new version is available.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Battlefield 1942 Plus project

Post by Trench »

https://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic ... 86#p191386
uuuz wrote:Version 1.3 is released, including the custom buddy colors.

For details see https://github.com/uuuzbf/bf42plus/releases

I will publish the update to the update server tomorrow (sunday) morning. After that your game should prompt for updating when u start it next.
Note one of the other fixes:
  • Fix dead players showing as alive snipers after connecting to a server