EA master servers puking

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Lin

EA master servers puking

Post by Lin »

Ever since the launch of BC2, EA has been having problems with their master servers, including the listings for BF1942.

Everyone, please make sure you have EA117 listed in your Favorites. There have been several times lately when none of the servers have been showing and you couldn't even join by IP, but if you had the server in your Favorites you would be able to join and play.

BF Therapy forever! :mrgreen:
Payne N. Daiz

Re: EA master servers puking

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Aren't there better ways to find servers than the in-game browser? I haven't been keeping up...I'm still using the now unsupported All Seeing Eye, but haven't had any troubles findings servers.
WaffleFries

Post by WaffleFries »

Qtracker is a nice alternative to the now unsupported All Seeing Eye. It will keep retrying a full server and load the game when a slot opens, just like ASE did.

You may have to point the settings to your bf1942.exe
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

I use an application called Xfire, never seem to have any problem's with findin server's. It scan's your game's an then it's just a matter of puttin your favorities in the list under the game. Work's on most game's as far as i no. Just another option ... ;)
WaffleFries

Post by WaffleFries »

Yea, XFire is nice for tracking friends, but last I checked it didn't handle full servers well. I think it would connect to a full server, rather than wait for a slot to open. Maybe they fixed that.